DEN'S CWP DIARY

What the.......?:mad:

11st 9 this morning:confused: So I've gained a pound and a half overnight? Makes no sense at all. NOT happy !

Bloody scales, there are so many reasons for our weight to go up and down - just wish scales could tell us why... it is highly unlikely it is a gain of fat so it has to be water?

My weight is all over the place at the moment as on medication and can barely swallow, so not drinking enough and I am supposed to be SS+ this week but everything makes me feel sick, so not drinking, not eating - well managed a bar and some egg with herbs but still should have another 2shakes, which I just cannot even begin to consider xxx

Bloody scales, there are so many reasons for our weight to go up and down - just wish scales could tell us why... it is highly unlikely it is a gain of fat so it has to be water?

My weight is all over the place at the moment as on medication and can barely swallow, so not drinking enough and I am supposed to be SS+ this week but everything makes me feel sick, so not drinking, not eating - well managed a bar and some egg with herbs but still should have another 2shakes, which I just cannot even begin to consider xxx

Thanks lovey. Sorry to hear you're not well - sounds miserable. Hope you recover enough to up your water intake soon.

You're right of course ....water weight from the extra carbs (bread) because although I'm staying within my calorie limit (step 4 so 1200) I have started using more of my allowance on bread so that I can have a sandwich at lunch time for convenience sake.

So I'm going to return to plated/boxed salad for lunch whenever I can and hope that gets me back under control.

It's not so much the weight that bothers me tbh, because I'm still losing inches (had to return a pair of size 12 trousers yesterday as they were too baggy around my bottom!), it's more the fact that I'll need to stay on Step 4 for a bit longer until I stabilise
:cry:

Soooo close to "finishing" now, I just want to be done with the sachets, good as they are. I want my life back; not the old me admittedly but I want to take control and live as a fit, slim healthy person not a dieter.

Dx

Right then.....I'm sworn off lunch-time bread until my weight starts heading in the right direction!

Corned beef + low-fat cheese and a yummy salad for lunch and a choc- mint Cambridge mousse for pus. I don't feel too cheated even if hubby did wolf two really thick slices of granary that were calling my name! Ooh carb- envy!

If I can cope with that having just come back ravenous from swimming then it's obviously all in my head! Lol

I'm going to need packed lunches tomorrowvand Sunday so I'm going to make a batch of my famous Tuna and brown- rice salad.

Onwards and (hopefully ) inwards!

Dx

Den the only carbs I used to eat when previously skinny were potatoes, rice cakes and as a treat corn chips with dips!

Bread/pasta/cakes/biscuits never passed my lips for 6 years! 2 Pregnancies in a row and craving bread got me to where I am now!

Bread is my biggest enemy - plus have a wheat intolerance so shouldn't eat it anyway!

Well done for not having that bread - granary bread with sliced eggs, watercress and mayo is my favourite :(

Gaaaarrrrrrgggggh! I feel I should remove my maintainer badge because I'm not maintaining......I'm gaining! 4 lbs in 8 days overall :cry:

OK, OK..... and breathe! Trying not to panic. My adviser told me this might happen as I stepped up my calories - the body has got to get used to handling food.

I'm sure it's because I've been having bread so I'll cut that out and see what happens. Feeling really demoralised though and wondering if I'll ever be able to be 'normal'. I've accepted the fact that I can't go back to eating as I used to but I do want to be able to enjoy a little treat now and then, if I put weight on so easily in spite of all this exercise that doesn't look so do-able.

Sniff.....really sorry for myself ATM.

Abandoned this morning's run after 35 mins too - my heart just wasn't in it.

Sorry to be a moaner....just needed to vent.

Dx

Gaaaarrrrrrgggggh! I feel I should remove my maintainer badge because I'm not maintaining......I'm gaining! 4 lbs in 8 days overall :cry:

OK, OK..... and breathe! Trying not to panic. My adviser told me this might happen as I stepped up my calories - the body has got to get used to handling food.

I'm sure it's because I've been having bread so I'll cut that out and see what happens. Feeling really demoralised though and wondering if I'll ever be able to be 'normal'. I've accepted the fact that I can't go back to eating as I used to but I do want to be able to enjoy a little treat now and then, if I put weight on so easily in spite of all this exercise that doesn't look so do-able.

Sniff.....really sorry for myself ATM.

Abandoned this morning's run after 35 mins too - my heart just wasn't in it.

Sorry to be a moaner....just needed to vent

Dx

1lb and 2oz gone this morning! Thank heavens :D

I know all about day-day variation but it does make me feel sooooooooooooooo much better!

Decided to super-impose the Montignac principles on to the Cambridge diet as far as I can i.e. no bread other an at breakfast, only good carbs at lunch-time and none with dinner.

Feeling much more in control today - what a difference 18 ounces can make eh? Just so long as it's in the right direction lol!

Dx

Yay well done!

I will be maintaining via an Atkins route but also I will

'breakfast like a Queen'
'lunch like a Princess'
'dinner like a pauper'

With exercise thrown in plus have a very, very busy year of weddings and constantly rushing around I hope to be able to maintain ok.

Scales this morning are down again despite antibiotics -

Oops hit send by mistake!

Have just breakfasted like a Queen with a choc mint bar lol!

My perfect and favourite breakfast is a smoothie made with soya milk, fresh banana, fresh ginger & spoon of Manuka honey. No idea of calories though!

Much love and you will crack the maintenance part xxx

Glad your back at it hun... Its been a tough week for me too... Lets fight the bread all the way and get back at this!!!

Love to you!!! X

Oops hit send by mistake!

Have just breakfasted like a Queen with a choc mint bar lol!

My perfect and favourite breakfast is a smoothie made with soya milk, fresh banana, fresh ginger & spoon of Manuka honey. No idea of calories though!

Much love and you will crack the maintenance part xxx

Thank you. Feeling positive today. I did have a tiny portion of rice this evening as hubby had cooked one of my favourites (an Iranian fish dish with a yummy rice with herbs) so we'll see what that does to the scales tomorrow but I'm hopeful that banning bread will mean I STS.

I'm not a smoothie fan but your recipe does sound yummy.

Hope you're feeling better

Dx

Glad your back at it hun... Its been a tough week for me too... Lets fight the bread all the way and get back at this!!!

Love to you!!! X

Thanks Dee, I'm being serenaded by a crusty wholemeal bloomer at the moment but I'm feeling strong. I've had a good day; been on a first aid course all day and resisted the biscuits that came out with every coffee break AND the sweeties that were passed around mid-afternoon so I'm more than a match for that bloomer! We will win!

Loving the new piccie btw. Looking good sweetie.

Incidentally, I weighed in with my CD adviser and she measured me

38.5/30.5/38.5 compared with 45/46/52 in August . Nearly TWO FEET off my hips!! Gobsmacked!.......but kinda chuffed :D

What a difference 6 months makes!!!!

63723-albums3748-picture21867.jpg
63723-albums3604-picture20941.jpg
I've been playing dress-up today to distract myself from a fresh cream chocolate eclair that is calling me from the fridge !
Yesterday (22nd February) was 6 months to the day since I started dieting. The lady on the left is 8 stone 2 lbs lighter than the one on the right; her bust is 17 inches smaller, her waist is 16 inches less and there's nearly 2 feet difference in their hip measurements!
The lady on the right was on two blood pressure tablets a day and couldn't climbe the stairs without getting breathless, she snored and she was always too hot! The one on the right runs for 40 mins three times a week, swims on the other days and takes no medication.
The lady on the right would have eaten that eclair, a packet of biscuits, a couple of bars of chocolate and half a loaf of bread by lunch-time.
I'm happy to say that I am the lady on the left!

Last edited:
Thanks for the lovely comments. I am proud of what I've achieved and pleased to think that the story of my journey inspires others the way the success stories I read on here inspired me.

If there's one disadvantage to TFR, it's that because the weight loss is rapid, there's a tendency for those who haven't tried this sort of diet to think the success has come easily.....well we know that it doesn't; it's bloody hard. As with any diet, every pound loss comes with sacrifice and determination and needs to be applauded whether it takes a week to lose or just disappears overnight!

Be proud of every loss and learn from every gain.

I've decided to run 2 diaries in parallel because as a maintainer my day is focussed on FOOD and whilst I found it helpful to read others' food diaries while I was still on TFR, I do know that constant talk of food is distracting for some. So, anyway there's a link to my maintenance diary in my signature notes if you want to hear how I'm doing but I will be posting stuff about food replacement in general and Cambridge in particular on here as I'm still on two products per day.

Dx

Lovely to see you about hun!!! : )

I'm hoping for 4lb loss this week.... takes me into my next stone bracket!!!!

14's!!!!!! Would you believe it???

XXX

Back