Depression and over eating

Violetwind

Determined
Does anyone on here suffer with depression. Do you find like myself when your mood is very low self control etc goes straight out the window and very hard to get back on track

Definitely... In my case it's not depression it's more when I'm not in control of a situation.... It can go two ways... Normally I don't eat and feel churned up.... That's my way of taking control back... But if I'm low about something and have someone close who is low about the same issue I normally turn to food as a comfort and it can lift my mood... But only momentarily because then I feel angry that I gave in... Thankfully the latter has not happened for a while.. X

I did give in. and yes momentarily my mood was lifted but now I'm back down. Why can't I learn my lesson. I do have depression and as last 2 days it is out of control now compounded by the fact I have ruined my week

Violetwind said:
I did give in. and yes momentarily my mood was lifted but now I'm back down. Why can't I learn my lesson. I do have depression and as last 2 days it is out of control now compounded by the fact I have ruined my week

Ah don't say that I have had bad weeks previously.. But you know as long as everyday was not bad it's not a bad week is it :) x

Violetwind said:
You're right;) will try to get back on track for the rest of the week thanks for your support x

Your welcome ... God knows I have issues... Massive ones , was me asking yesterday as I was as low as it gets.... Would have gone mental if I could not have spoken about it... But I went the other way could not even think about eating or drinking. X

I've never had it go that way. When I get out of control I binge on rubbish. But I think I've learned my lesson. From now on when I feel a binge coming on I'm gonna come on here.

Violetwind said:
I've never had it go that way. When I get out of control I binge on rubbish. But I think I've learned my lesson. From now on when I feel a binge coming on I'm gonna come on here.

Yes do... That's what a friend of mine does... She texts me the minute she is heading for the fridge... What plan are you on ? X

Oh don't say your week is ruined, you are being too hard on yourself:eek:
I do know what it's like, in my case biscuits got me in this situation (over weight) in the first place,due to eating them when depressed/anxious:D
You will get loads of support on here:)
You can do it:)

Thank you holiday girl. . I've been doing so well up to now. Just had a bad few days from weigh in on weds. I will get myself back on track in the morning. Thanks again x

I'm the same, eat when I'm sad, mad angry etc. Can't stop myself. Then afterwards feel bad about it. Never stops me the next time though. I convince myself I deserve it because ...... but it does not really make things better does it. And so the cycle goes on.

Violetwind said:
So how do we break the cycle?

Don't know, try to find out why we feel we need the 'reward', but how we do that I don't know. Perhaps somebody will come along who can help us.

Hey ladies I'm the same, I mostly turn to food every time I'm stressed or down. Like today for instance I've ate so much junk I didn't need to but hubby has gone away for 15 days and I'm already pigging out! So angry with myself because I wanted to reach to a certain target by the end of the month! I can totally understand you and hope we all learn to except that junk will not make us feel any more different. Let's hope for a better day tomorrow! Xxx

I've suffered from depression for since I was a young teenager. I had a neglected childhood and that's contributed to me being overweight now. I remember once my aunt taking me to McDonalds and I feel so happy to have a meal so I had three burgers. :(

Now I know I'm an emotional eater. My boyfriend always spots it when I'm eating something completely unreasonable and gradually I'm training myself to eat when I'm hungry not when I'm lonely or sad!

Pretty crap seeing as my boyfriend is in the Army and goes away every other weekend, I'm left staring at the fridge! lol Copious amounts of tea is the answer!

Lol you and me both, I'm just putting my eating down to being very emotional today. But tomorrow is a new day and there's some extra things like massages etc happening at my gym tomorrow ( a mothers day special) so will go there to relax myself. Let's support each other wen any of us are having a bad day just send a post before we binge lol take care xxx

Back