Desperately seeking ideas for savoury snacks?

Combat_Teejay

Hi there. I've been reading the posts and there is terrific support here. However, I really could do with some ideas. I do not have a sweet tooth so I don't crave chocs / cakes etc, however I am a savoury person and could really do with some free or low syn ideas for savoury snacks?

Thanks in advance!

Tj

I love eating cocktail gherkins - sometimes a whole jar in one sitting. They are great to eat instead of crisp because they are crunchy and you get the hit of salt that you would from crisps too.

which plan are you doing?

I'm on green and if im starving so much that veg/fruit just wont hit the spot i have mug shots they are good if your really hungry, some of those are free, batchelors rice is free too on green, boiled eggs are a good one to have available too, yogurts are free/low syn, use your healthy extras like bread for snacks i do that quite often i will make cheese on toast using my hex's, warm salad? i like salad leaves topped with roasted peppers/onions/mushrooms/butternut squash etc whatever veg you like sprayed with a bit of fry light and cooked on highish heat for about 20 mins with some herbs sprkinled on them. Is granola too sweet? i buy bear nibbles and their cherry cocoa pie isnt too sweet, its crunchy clusters of oaty loveliness mixed with sourish dried cherry pieces and nibbed cocoa beans, crackerbread are i think 1 syn per slice, you can top that with philadelphia etc

If your on red i think most meat without fat etc is so if you like chicken maybe have a box of chicken chunks in the fridge ready to nibble on

i only know green plan as thats all ive ever done so not sure whats allowed on red and extra easy, hope i helped a bit though :)

Mug Shots - the 1% variety are Syn Free.
Batchelors Savoury Rice - all flavours are free.
Batchelors Pasta'n'Sauce - you would need to check Syns Online, but there are a few of these that are Syn Free.
Lean meats - help yourself to chicken pieces, slices of ham, etc. They're all free!
Ryvita Mini's - can be used as a Healthy B, fab alternative to crisps. Cheese & chive flavour particularly nice.
BabyBel Lights - 3 = Healthy A.
Velvet Crunch - a great alternative to a crisps, and only 4 Syns per bag.

Thanks for all the advice so far guys - there'e some great ideas there. I do usually eat loads of fruit and veg but sometimes at night when sitting down watching a film, I get cravings for crisps or peanuts. I'm trying the EE although I do find it a bit limiting only having one A and one B. On the converse side, with the EE plan I like the fact that I don't have to weigh everything :)

Tj

do you know them mini cheddars in a bag,, they do large cheddar bakes ( think thats what there called) well there only 1 syn each which i snack on at times x

the jumbo snack a jacks are low syns too

I LOVE the velvet crunch crisps, 4 syns!! If you save your syns for the day you could even have a couple of bags lol salt and vinegar are my fave they're yum
Can I ask where u buy these crisps from cos I can't seem 2 found them, thanx

I love olives for snacking in in front of the tv or film, 8 olives in brine for 1 syn. Very good value in my opinion :)

Can I ask where u buy these crisps from cos I can't seem 2 found them, thanx

I think most supermarkets sell them. I tend to get them in the poundshop, too.

I love eating cocktail gherkins - sometimes a whole jar in one sitting. They are great to eat instead of crisp because they are crunchy and you get the hit of salt that you would from crisps too.

Ah good, I am glad it's not just me. I LOVE pickled anything, can;t get enough of pickled red cabbage and pickled onions at the moment.

jayde1148 said:
I love olives for snacking in in front of the tv or film, 8 olives in brine for 1 syn. Very good value in my opinion :)

Extremely. Tesco on the way home from work for me.

I've been snacking on gherkins wrapped in ham :) pickle and protein. Velvet crunch is what I take in my packed lunch to work - Love the thai sweet chilli ones.

Back