Total Solution Desperately Seeking Slim

Hi CM. Congratulations on your engagement. I love walking along the South Bank. it's really difficult getting back on track. I've been struggling for a number of weeks now and if I don't lose weigh over the next 3 weeks I'll be going on holiday with no clothes! What I do though is keep coming on here and keep a count of my calories - whatever is happening, whether I'm TS or on an out of control binge. This keeps a degree of damage limitation. For me, I think it is a case of having to bite the bullet. I've tried 5:2, eating weight watchers recipes etc but I don't have the willpower not to overdo it. It's got to be all or nothing for me. Some people find it helps to eat a low carb diet for a week or to do an alternate fasting eating regime to try to get in the right mindset. I guess you have to find out what works best for you.

Congratulations CM. What a Month you have had ?. Was the proposal a complete surprise?

Anyway, good to see you are getting back on track. Keep posting on here. I find daily weighing tends to keep me on track plus regular exercise. Good luck with the rest of the week x

Hi CM. Congratulations on the engagement xx Sounds like you had an amazing few weeks!

I just had a food week but feeling hungry call of the time. Maybe we can try to motivate each other? Anyway, well done on getting back on here x

Welcome back and congrats on your engagement and on getting down to 16st 2lbs. You've done really well. Hope you can get remotivated!

Thank you all!

Ashamed to say I had a full on binge last night with a pizza. First few bites were great but I just kept on eating. And eating. The rest of my evening was spent thinking my stomach might explode and so tired that I could barely keep my eyes open.

The scales are reading at +1lb but I'm sure it'll take longer than over night for my body to react. I'm prepared for three days of hell to get back into ketosis. Reading back over my diary, when I was really struggling I allowed myself a boiled egg. Just knowing I could have it gave me the little push I needed to carry on - maybe I need to have some similar back up plan now. WS - if I really can't get through the day, I'll have a WS day. I've got about a bajillion courgettes and tonnes of spinnach, so I'll up it to WS if I'm really, really struggling.

Lynne, you're right - we've just got to bite the bullet. And if all else fails, I should think about how ill I felt last night afterwards. The other thing I noticed is that normally, when I get a craving I go and clean the house. I didn't yesterday and that meant the craving built up to epic levels which I couldn't withstand. Distraction at the earliest opportunity.

Thinking about motivation -
I want to look okay in a swimming costume on holiday in just over 1 month.
I want to get this diet over and done with asap, short term pain, long term gain (note to self, pizza isn't part of the long term plan, at least not in that quantity)
Carrying this extra weight has health implications - I don't want heart disease or diabetes or any disease really
Fertility - not that it's a massive issue now, but it's something to consider and also there's some interesting research around being overweight in pregnancy and having overweight babies and as we all know, once that weight's there, it's so hard to get rid off.

I've enjoyed the compliments I've had about having lost weight - I want more!!
I'm loving slipping into old clothes and admiring my bum in the mirror. (note to self; don't get complacent, you're still a fatty boombalatty!)
Being able to enjoy a more active lifestyle and take pleasure from it. Given I have such a sedentary lifestyle, it's a new experience to enjoy exercise - I like taking the scenic route, taking a stroll just for the sake of it.

I'm drawing a line in the stand
Take 2, day 1 - 16st3

You can lose a whole lot more in a month so keep looking forwards CM. Hope today is going well x

Hi Coffeemate, congrats on your engagement and good luck with your restart.

You will have to look at wedding dress pics for extra motivation, exciting xx

Have you not Cate? Fatty fatty Boomsticks is another favourite, although reserved for my sometimes podgy puss cat.

Take 2, Day 1 - 100% (minus a splash of milk in tea) and on track for Day 2 as well. Realised yesterday evening that it was the Bake Off which I didn't feel quite brave enough to watch with considerable munching time left in the evening, so went out to the cinema (how bloomin' expensive is that now!?! How on earth do families afford to go) (see, I turn 30 and I'm turning into my mother . . . ).

Turns out I have yet another busy weekend with a houseful - I tend to be quite strong and stick to shakes/soups, it's the vino that's my downfall. And I suspect there will be a lot of booze knocking about. . .

Hi CM. You're doing well. Hope you have a good weekend but manage to steer clear of the wine - my weakness too!

Congratulations on your engagement! You're doing really well. I am sure you'll hit you holiday target :)

Have a good weekend.

Thanks SC!

Despite the pizza earlier in the week I weighed in this morning at 15 st 13!!! I'm in the 15s!!

I was excellent on the food front, its just the boozing. A glass of champers here and then a mojito there and before I know it I'm drunk. Aiming for 100% this week until Friday which is a friend's birthday. Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

Well done for getting into the 15s SC. You're doing great!

That's an excellent result CM, very pleased for you. You could get a few more lbs off by Friday. Good luck x

Hi CM. Just read your diary and lived some of your ups and downs.

Congrats on your engagement and getting into the 15s! My engagement led me to lose 6 stone on LL in 2006 as I didn't want to wear a plus-size dress. I look back at my wedding day pics in awe and that feeling is priceless. I was slim and happy and had the best day ever - we got married in Vegas! For the first time I was happy to be the centre of attention. How shallow is that? It was also brilliant to sit on the aircraft and comfortably do the seat-belt up and pull the tray down...

But I had no chance to maintain as I fell pregnant almost immediately. And this was after having 1 ovary removed and told when I was overweight that I had less than 25% chance of conceiving. I put on a tonne of weight when pregnant and quickly fell into my old ways and have not had the motivation or will power to do anything about it until now.

I'm aiming for 100% this week after a small blip yesterday so let's show this diet who's in control!

Back