Determintation and Motivation!

Hiya, How do you make oatbran porridge please? Does it have more fibre than regular porridge and taste ok? I am having -er 'toilet' issues !
Taxx

Hi there,
I got the oatbran porridge from Tesco, it looks like coarse flour I guess and in the cereal dept. I usually weigh 28g (hexb) with just over 100ml skimmed milk and microwave for 1min30... sometimes have with banana and usually add a little sweetener. I really like it and regular in that dept. Hope this helps? :)

**just checked the pack and the fibre is 6.1g per 40g. Just used Tesco website to get info for Quaker porridge Oats which is only 3.6g per 40g - thats quite a difference :)
x

Last edited:
I've also heard suggestions of water with lemon juice (I use half a lemon squeezed) helping in that dept!x

Boo, 3syns over on half a silly kinder egg... Found whilst tidying my unwanted Christmas bits... 18 today then... There was a time I would have eaten the lot..

Hey, just reading through this thread.

Seems like you seem to be focussing on the negative too much!! Remind yourself that you're already doing something great by taking control and starting slimming world!

Intrigued about this 100 pressup thing, is it an app or what? I love anything with 'challenge' in the title.

Also, noticed you said that the EE stuff was all alien to you, i thought that but have actually found it easier then doing red days and green days. The weight's come off in the first week so it must be doing something!!

x Becca

Thanks Becca,
I generally try to stay positive even if I make a small slip up - I'm trying to be really honest in this diary about the little things that don't always go to plan! I don't feel like I'm being negative as its the first time in four years I've actually stuck to it for more than 10 days, and properly counting too! Thank you lots for the encouragement :)

I've tried looking up ee but still didn't get it! There used to be something called mix to max, where you could have red/green in one day as long as you had superfree in between... I just font get the 1/3 plate thing on ee, what can you put on the rest?! So been sticking to what I know;-)

Oh, and the pressup thing, yes, an ap, 100 in 6 weeks! I'm on week two! Love a challenge!

Lx

So, Thursday I went for a red day just for a change

B:usual oatbran(b) & skimmed (a), tea, banana
L: few slices of gammon ham with a whopping salad, syn free onion chutney, cottage cheese and I used the frylight balsamic 1cal spray dressing which I bought ages ago to try, its ok, but I probably wouldn't buy it again!
D: red sw 'fry up' with loads of trimmed bacon, lm sausages, mushrooms, 198g New pots as sw chips(hexb), mayo(1) glass wine (6)
S: Clementines, apple

Felt much less bloaty today and for some reason didn't feel the need to snack as much as usual. I definitely think I should do more red to jumble it up a bit and get a bit more variety... :)

Friday Friday- green

Woke up to a beautiful blanket of snow! Kids off school too :)

B:eek:atbran (b) skimmed milk(a) banana, tea
L: mug shot! Mullerlight (1)... Bit of a rubbish lunch but made it over to a friends so the kids could get snowy together, so I took it with me... They only had soup, but this felt like I was totally in control :)
D: baked salmon fillet (b) sw roasts, roast butternut squash, peas, carrots, extra light mayo (1)
S: lots of tea, clementines, apple
Wine (31)!! So this was my flexible Friday.. shall reduce daily syns a little for the rest of the week and see how it goes:)

Thanks for the info Thumeloulou. I'm going to try the oatbran porridge for sure. That's a heck of a difference in the fibre department. I keep meaning to get some lemon as I read somewhere that it can boost your wl. I remember my mum doing that when I was a kid. She said it was to retrain her taste buds so that she didn't crave sweet stuff.
EE really is easy when you get the hang of it. You have to have a third of your meal as super free ffuit of veg and you can put what ever you like on the rest of your plate ( free food or from your syn allowance of course). The point of having a third free foods is to help you control your portions. C's often don't emphasise this enough I think. People will say they can eat a whole chicken, pound of pasta etc- but of course they can't because they must have the equivalent or more in veg !
At the end of the day it doesn't matter which plan though does it? The important thing is to stick to it and be honest with ourselves. If you have Red and Green works for you there's no need to change.
You're doing well- good luck
xx

Keep going... Your food dairys are looking fab!!! You have started back up so please stop being so negative with yourself! You will get back into to it and it will feel like it was when did it in 2005!!! You'll get to your goal weight in no time and there is plenty of support on here to help you xxx

Thanks for the info Thumeloulou. I'm going to try the oatbran porridge for sure. That's a heck of a difference in the fibre department. I keep meaning to get some lemon as I read somewhere that it can boost your wl. I remember my mum doing that when I was a kid. She said it was to retrain her taste buds so that she didn't crave sweet stuff.
EE really is easy when you get the hang of it. You have to have a third of your meal as super free ffuit of veg and you can put what ever you like on the rest of your plate ( free food or from your syn allowance of course). The point of having a third free foods is to help you control your portions. C's often don't emphasise this enough I think. People will say they can eat a whole chicken, pound of pasta etc- but of course they can't because they must have the equivalent or more in veg !
At the end of the day it doesn't matter which plan though does it? The important thing is to stick to it and be honest with ourselves. If you have Red and Green works for you there's no need to change.
You're doing well- good luck
xx

Thank you:)
Will definitely try giving we a go at some point, though for some reason I need to get my head round it! Maybe ill try it Wednesday after weigh in, I can record it on here and see if I've got it right!
Trying to stick to syns today, but I know even if I have an extra wine, I've got Sun, Mon, Tue to do the immaculate plan!
X

Keep going... Your food dairys are looking fab!!! You have started back up so please stop being so negative with yourself! You will get back into to it and it will feel like it was when did it in 2005!!! You'll get to your goal weight in no time and there is plenty of support on here to help you xxx

Thanks for the support lovely :) I don't think I realised my negativity with myself... It comes naturally to reassure others, but I didn't realise I was down on me... Been a hard few years, I guess it gets ingrained.. must start believing in myself again. :) x

Thanks for the support lovely :) I don't think I realised my negativity with myself... It comes naturally to reassure others, but I didn't realise I was down on me... Been a hard few years, I guess it gets ingrained.. must start believing in myself again. :) x

yes you should start believing in yourself again! i found that on the weeks i was negative with myself i lost less.. the weeks i was positive i had big weight losses =] x

Saturday- green

B: oatbran (b) milk(a) banana
L: homemade sweet potato soup, mullerlight
D: jacket potato, cheese (a) salad, homemade burger (b) free onion chutney, extra light mayo (1)
S: Clementines, apple, carrot
D: 3 glasses wine (18) tea, black coffee, sf squash
Total syns: 20 (!) Whoops!

Sunday - trying the EE THING!

B: oatbran (b) milk (a) banana
L: 50g salmon, v small jacket pot, syn free onion chutney, salad (lettuce, tomato, spring onion, grated carrot, mushroom) extra light mayo (1/2)
D: bacon, 2small wholemeal (6), much salad, extra light mayo (1/2)
S: Clementines, carrot, free soup , 28gchristmas cake (5)
Drinks: tea, lemon water, sf squash

Syns total:12
Total for week: 90/105

Last edited:
Monday - ee
A: 100ml skim milk, LOW FAT CHEESE
B: cereal

B: skimmed milk, oatbran, banana
L: carrot, free leek soup
D: carrot, cauliflower, 1/2 small jacket spud, butter 5ml (2), chicken casserole made with tin toms, carrot, herbs, stock, skinless chicken, pearl barley (allowing 2 syns for this as I got it out of the freezer- it was made in the slow cooker, and I'm 99.9% sure its sw friendly in terms of oil etc, just being on safe side! Obv pearl barley/chicken on opposite plans but guessing its ok on EE). Mayo (1/2) low fat cheese
S: clementines, carrot, celery mullerlight (1)
D: tea x 3, sf squash, lemon water

Syns: 5.5
Weekly syns: 95.5/105

Last edited:
Tuesday EE
A- milk 100ml, light cheese
B- cereal

B: oatbran, milk skimmed
L: jacket, salad, light cheese, chutney (1) Muller vanilla
S: grapes, carrot, celery, Clementine, apple, special k bar (4)
D: PASTA, light Philly (4), 25ml stock, broccoli, carrots, courgette. Toffee Muller.
Drinks:tea, lemon water, coffee black.

SYNS: 9
WEEKLY: 104.5/105 (recon there's probably some way I should round that up..)

Last edited:
Feeling super flump today :( few things going on that have stressed me today. WI tomorrow and feeling on a downer. Had a good week but not expecting anything now. Glad there's nothing to snack on on the house or I'd probably eat it.
Will see what tomorrow brings :-/

Hiya! just want to say I think your doing great!! your days are full of the right things and there seems to be a lot of variety which is great because it will stop you being bored! as for worrying about weigh in try not to, at the end of the day the damage is already done, or maybe its not? you could suprise yourself... if not just get STRAIGHT back on it!! ;) I started this in August and up until a few days ago I was doing EE allllll the time and I got bored in the end I think, put about 4 lbs on over xmas. Just started doing Green Days and im all excited haha! quite sad really, but it feels like when I first started and i love the extra HEX's!! Just thought i'd comment anyway and dont lose faith you'll get there in the end!! xx

Thank you :) good to have another opinion on my food diary!
Just having one of those days. I dont feel like I've fallen off plan, just dont feel like it'll show! It's early days though, and I'm feeling more determined now than I have in 4 years! I know why I'm doing it and what I want to achieve so gotta keep on. Xx

Back