DEvans CD journey

Back from Paris break

Hello All,

I'm back and I must say I feel more tired now than I did when I was there. I got alot of exercise as I walked everywhere. My calves are aching so much!!

I must say I was ok whilst on holiday, not over indulgent and I had loads of salad and my shakes. Yesterday was a bit of a disaster though as one of my shakes wasn't good and started swelling up in the pack so just binned so was down one shake yesterday.

I'm back on CD from today. Jumped on my scale this morning and it didn't look too bad at all. I'm seeing my cdc later for wi so we'll see how it goes. Hopefully I can put this week behind me and move on from there :) .

How's everyone else doing?

D

Week 3 WI

Hey All,

Just to let you know that I had my wi last night and I gained 2lbs which was expected. I'm back on track now so hoping I can lose it next week and a little more. On a good note though, I'm still in the 14s.

Davica

Day 24

Hello,

I've been back on track since last Thurday. I had a little nimble yesterday but don't think its anything to worry about. I've been drinking loads of water too.

I now have a bad cold and I feel absolutely horrible today. I just want to curl up in bed but have some school work to do.

My mom passed by today. Funnily enough she said you look like a different child. You need to stop. I was a little bit upset that she wasn't more encouraging but hubby said to me not too, if you were looking to skinny then I would tell you but you're fine. Just do it until you reach a comfortable weight. That has definitely spurred me on.

I've been reading everyone's posts and you all are doing really well. Keep up the good work!!

We can do this!

D:eek:

Day 25

Hey All,

I feel really rough at the moment. This cold is in full swing. I've been taking paracetomol with the orange flavouring. I've been good today but feel like eating something just so I can get over it. I hope I feel better tomorrow so that I can go to work.

I have wi on Thursday so hoping that I have a good loss this week.

D

Believe me i know what it's like when you get a cold on CD just drink loads of water. Keep it up you are doing excellently.

Day 31

Hey,

I'm supposed to be on aam this week but since I went to Paris in week 3 I'm still SSing which is fine with me. It means I will continue to stick to this diet 100%

On Friday was my mom's birthday. I have 2 veggie skewers with a side salad which was great and sparkling water. Yesterday I went cinema with a friend. I had a cup of tea when we met up and then I didn't have anything at the cinema. Mind you I did have a nibble of popcorn but loads of water when I got home.

I'm back today, nibble free. I'm still in ketosis which is great for me. I'll continue having my water and packs during the course of the day. I feel really good about the week ahead.

D

Day 32

Yesterday evening I went to my mom's and found my aunt and uncle there. I haven't told many people that I'm doing this diet and didn't want to do so now so was forced to pick at some food and then washed it down with loads of water.

Today I feel so guilty about it I could cry. I jumped on my scale and it said a gain which made me feel worse. Falling off has given me the motivation to continue with this and SS 100%. I have 4 days until my wi so have just stuck to my packs and water and black coffee today. I'm hoping that this will help me with my wi on Thursday as I just have to lose 4lbs to be under 200lbs and this is what I was striving for this week.

I've had to try and start back taking the husks as I'm having serious bowel movement issues. Mind you I'm also taking movicol. I'm hoping these problems will be rectified soon. The more I put my thoughts down on here the more my determination is. so I'll try and get on here and post more often.

Davica

Day 34

Hi All,

Yesterday was fine. I felt alot better yesterday about CD. Today is another story. I feel really ill. For the first time since I started this I feel really tired and I'm having an annoying headache. I had to go out side for some fresh air as I swore I was going to pass out sitting in the office. The funny thing is I have class today so won't be home until late.

I just had my second pack so have been having my water with it. So far today I have had 3.5ltrs of water. I really think this is just one of those days where you feel really low and want to curl up under that duvet. I really which I was home.

Ah well we'll see how the rest of the day goes. I've already taking some paracetomol so hopefully it will start to kick in really soon.

Davica

Hiya sweetie, sorry to hear you're poorly, personal question but have you been to the loo yet, coz if you haven't been for a while, the build up can give you a headache. If you want to take something that will solve the problem without the pain and trauma try Dulcolax, I swear by it and it doesn't give you that horrible gripe pain.

Otherwise, take it steady and try and pamper yourself tonight, a hot bath and bed early.

Sending a big hug your way.

Hugs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
xxx

Hiya sweetie, sorry to hear you're poorly, personal question but have you been to the loo yet, coz if you haven't been for a while, the build up can give you a headache. If you want to take something that will solve the problem without the pain and trauma try Dulcolax, I swear by it and it doesn't give you that horrible gripe pain.

Otherwise, take it steady and try and pamper yourself tonight, a hot bath and bed early.

Sending a big hug your way.

Hugs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
xxx

The last time I went off was on Monday (funny, I can't even remember). It was with great difficulty though. I had to take movicol as it was really difficult. I may take the dulcolax to see if that helps. The husks don't seem to be agreeing with me and I can only have the capsules, one at a time. Hopefully these problems won't be too long. I'll definitely try a laxative tonight.

Paisley, thanks for your sentiments. I really do hope I feel better. the paracetomol has seemed to have worked and kinda lifted my mood. A nice hot bath will definitely be high on my list of things to do later.

Davica

Keep it up sis, you are doing great.

Day 36

Thanks All. I feel so much better today and I had a better night's sleep last night.

Well, last night I didn't nibble and when I got home I had a nice hot bath and a cup of tea as I had my shake at uni. I was in bed by 10:30.

I had a lovely vanilla latte this morning for my breakfast and have already drunk 1 litre of water too. I got one of my colleagues to get my a cup of pepermint tea and I'm having that now. I feel positive about wi tonight so I will keep you posted on what's happening later.

Davica

Week 5 weigh in

I had weigh in last night and I've gone down another 3lbs. Not the loss I wanted but I know why I didn't quite get there. I'm going to give myself the push I need to get into the 13s next week, then I'll be over the moon. :D

I got some bars this week as at this point I need to chew on something, so better that than something unhealthy. I've had my bar already and now making myself a cup of pepermint tea to keep me going. I've also had 1litre of water so, so far today isn't going to badly.

Davica

Day 39

What a weekend!!! Friday, Saturday and Sunday I picked at everything and now I am out of ketosis. Today I have jumped back on the wagon and am completely detemined to get through the next couple of weeks.

I am having ungoing debates with my mom about being on CD.She thinks I shouldn't lose anymore weight or rather should at least add a meal but I don't want to do that until week 10 as I still want to lose a stone or 2 before I go on maintainenace.

I jumped on the scale this morning and they didn't move. So that's good. I'm hoping as I'm back on the wagon now I could shift those few pounds.

I just wanted to say on here that I am 100% back on track now.

Davica

Day 40

I seem to be having a problem with picking at food at the moment. All day yesterday I was fine but when I got home I had a pick of hubby's dinner and other stuff.

I am getting really annoyed with myself for doing this as I know the ramifications of doing it. This has put me in a little bit of a foul mood today. And I wonder why the scale hasn't moved since last week. ARGHH.......!!!!

So today, I have an assignment to do for Friday so inorder to avoid any temptation at home I'll be off to the library for the afternoon just so that I would have nothing to pick at except my tetra and some water and when I get home later I'll head straight for the bath and bed. I'll let you know how that goes.

Davica

Yesterday was a success as I went to the Library and didn't get home until 9:30 last night. I had some water and a shower and went to bed. Must confess though I had a little nibble but it defintely no where near the damage I inflicted on myself at the weekend.

Day 41

I am very refocused now as I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I would love to get into the 13s this week but fear I may fall short. Tonight I have class so will be home late again tonight so would not be picking at anything. It will be shower, water and bed.

Tomrrow is wi and I'm a little apprehensive about it. I am also still very conscious of the fact that the inches aren't falling off my hips and my upper body but I seem to be loosing a small amount a week on my waist. I look a little odd as it isn't proportionate. It may be just me though.

Davica

Week 6 weigh in

I had a nother 2lbs off. I'mm really happy with that as I thought I had a sts.

Today I'm well and truely back on top of things as I need to lose as close to a a stone as possible. That's my mini goal. I'm hoping to lose 5lbs a week so that should help me hit my target.

Have a nice weekend All

Davica

Back