Diary closed! Link to new diary on last page.

Hiya Hun hope you're alright xx I don't think your old consultant would be offended by your text, she sounds like a lovely person and a consultant that really cares about her members so I'm sure she really wants to help you. You are not s**t at this! you're going through a bit of a rough patch but when you are on it you're very bloody good at this!

Are any of the groups in your area doing this fundraising thing at shildon next Sunday? I keep forgetting to mention to you but I'm doing a race for life that slimming world are organising! It says on my sponsor form 'slimming world does race for life' I've even got a I <3 sw tshirt lol would have put on here about sponsoring but we havnt got online stuff just paper forms. Would have been nice if we could have bumped into eachother! But not sure if it's only bishops groups or whatever, I really don't know a lot about it other than I'm taking part but there's goi to be tombola stalls and kids face painting and stuff x

Hiya Hun hope you're alright xx I don't think your old consultant would be offended by your text, she sounds like a lovely person and a consultant that really cares about her members so I'm sure she really wants to help you. You are not s**t at this! you're going through a bit of a rough patch but when you are on it you're very bloody good at this!

Are any of the groups in your area doing this fundraising thing at shildon next Sunday? I keep forgetting to mention to you but I'm doing a race for life that slimming world are organising! It says on my sponsor form 'slimming world does race for life' I've even got a I <3 sw tshirt lol would have put on here about sponsoring but we havnt got online stuff just paper forms. Would have been nice if we could have bumped into eachother! But not sure if it's only bishops groups or whatever, I really don't know a lot about it other than I'm taking part but there's goi to be tombola stalls and kids face painting and stuff x

I'm feeling much better now - after my low cal day yesterday my scales have dropped back to 12st 1lb (they had rocketed up to 12st 4lb yesterday). I'm strangely actually enjoying it! I never thought I would say this, but I like the control and strictness of it all. I'm actually considering sticking with counting calories, maybe until my holiday. I would still go to my SW group though, so that I can get weighed each week, but it's just a thought. Haven't fully decided yet.

The cover consultant we had mentioned the SW Race for Life, although I'm not sure I'll be going. It all depends what Warren is working next weekend and what our plans are I guess, but if I do go I'll have to let you know and we can say hello! xx

Take a Chance and Never Look Back...♥

Todays eats...

Breakfast (147cals):

- 30g Aldi Harvest Morn Fruit & Fibre (112) with 100ml Skimmed Milk (35)

Lunch (100cals):
- Omelette made with 2 x Egg Whites (34), quarter of a Pepper (11), quarter of a Red Onion (10) and 50g Mushrooms (8)
- 8g Metcalfes Salt'n'Sweet Skinny Topcorn (37)

Dinner (246cals):
- Can of M&S "Count on Us" Red Thai Chicken Curry (184) served with Vegetable Stir Fry (62)

Total calorie intake for today = 492

Last edited:
I'm feeling much better now - after my low cal day yesterday my scales have dropped back to 12st 1lb (they had rocketed up to 12st 4lb yesterday). I'm strangely actually enjoying it! I never thought I would say this, but I like the control and strictness of it all. I'm actually considering sticking with counting calories, maybe until my holiday. I would still go to my SW group though, so that I can get weighed each week, but it's just a thought. Haven't fully decided yet. The cover consultant we had mentioned the SW Race for Life, although I'm not sure I'll be going. It all depends what Warren is working next weekend and what our plans are I guess, but if I do go I'll have to let you know and we can say hello! xx

I'm glad the scales are moving down but don't let yourself get too hungry and maybe doing vlc for a short period off time is ok maybe try doing success express for a few days aswell just to fill yourself up a bit x

I'm glad the scales are moving down but don't let yourself get too hungry and maybe doing vlc for a short period off time is ok maybe try doing success express for a few days aswell just to fill yourself up a bit x

I haven't been hungry at all today. I'm even thinking I probably won't bother with tea as I'm just not hungry at all. I'm only doing VLC until Monday, so it is a short period of time. I'll be straight back on SW on tues x

Stay off your home scales when u swap back to SW as you have dropped to hardly any food when u eat properly they will jump up a little i think!

But dont let it put u off xx SW is the best!

I'm feeling much better now - after my low cal day yesterday my scales have dropped back to 12st 1lb (they had rocketed up to 12st 4lb yesterday). I'm strangely actually enjoying it! I never thought I would say this, but I like the control and strictness of it all. I'm actually considering sticking with counting calories, maybe until my holiday. I would still go to my SW group though, so that I can get weighed each week, but it's just a thought. Haven't fully decided yet.

The cover consultant we had mentioned the SW Race for Life, although I'm not sure I'll be going. It all depends what Warren is working next weekend and what our plans are I guess, but if I do go I'll have to let you know and we can say hello! xx

Todays eats...

Breakfast (147cals):

- 30g Aldi Harvest Morn Fruit & Fibre (112) with 100ml Skimmed Milk (35)

Lunch (100cals):
- Omelette made with 2 x Egg Whites (34), quarter of a Pepper (11), quarter of a Red Onion (10) and 50g Mushrooms (8)
- 8g Metcalfes Salt'n'Sweet Skinny Topcorn (37)

Dinner (246cals):
- Can of M&S "Count on Us" Red Thai Chicken Curry (184) served with Vegetable Stir Fry (62)

Total calorie intake for today = 492

To say your calories are under 500 you're eating very well! You'd be great at the 5:2 diet fast days with your planing you're definitley making the most out of your calories.
hope your scales go down more for you Hun I'm sure they will it was only one night of madness and you've certainly pulled it back so can't see why you would be having a gain on Monday. I know it's completely different to slimming world and as much as I loved slimming world I love the control of counting now, so I can see how you're enjoying it :) I'm a bit of a control freak so I like to know exactly how many cals I get to maintain my weight!! Just did the basal metabolic rate calculator tonight, and factored in my exercise levels and I get 2337 calories a day to maintain my weight apparently. This seems like a lot!

I saw slimming world post on facebook today about the race for life so all different group districts must be doing it. Some were doing it this weekend! I'm looking forward to it but will be waking rather than running because mine and Kirsty's aunty is doing it with us and she doesn't exercise so we will just quick walk. Ooh well if you go Im sure I'll recognise you x

Well guys, I have made a decision! From the start of my new week (Tuesday a.m.) I'm going to do SW combined with 5:2. I never ever thought I could do fast days, but the last three days has shown me that it is achievable. It's only going to be a temporary measure - I'm hoping that by having 5 normal SW days and 2 fast / 500cal days that I can give my weight loss a bit of a boost before my holidays. Actually really excited about it!

Well guys, I have made a decision! From the start of my new week (Tuesday a.m.) I'm going to do SW combined with 5:2. I never ever thought I could do fast days, but the last three days has shown me that it is achievable. It's only going to be a temporary measure - I'm hoping that by having 5 normal SW days and 2 fast / 500cal days that I can give my weight loss a bit of a boost before my holidays. Actually really excited about it!

Good luck stevie,
You know you can do it , I don't know why our heads mess things around do much, mines been doing it for over 12 month , get to a certain number then bam crazy head takes over and I'm back up again ,

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It's great to see you've got your mojo back. I've watched you struggling but couldn't post anything because I've also been fighting to stick to plan - I'd have felt a hypocrite if I'd tried to give any advice. However, like you, I think I've finally got back in the right frame of mind.

I did a mix of 5:2 and SW for a few weeks before my holidays and it was both doable and successful and that was despite doing a lenient fast day at around 600-650 calories although I did do a couple at 500. The beauty of a Fast day is that you get a tremendous sense of achievement in doing it!

The Fast days made me think about what I was doing and broke the complacency (boredom?) I'd reached from doing SW for so long. Fast days take some planning, but there's also a certain freedom in being able to have some things which are quite highly Synned on SW eg ready made soups.

Good luck - not that I think you'll need it as you're so motivated.

Do whatever it takes Stevie. Once you happy.

I'm considering doing Atkins. After month's of struggling to get back on plan with sw, it's just not working for me. I have regained all the weight I lost. I think Atkins will give me a lot more control over what I'm eating too.

Good luck with weigh in tomorrow.

Good luck Stevie, I understand the way you're feeling. I've found it so hard to get into 13s, I've yoyo'ed up and down the 14s for ages now. Hoping to smash it before end of August. I wouldn't mind as much if I was nearly at target (actually I probably would!) ... but I've still 2-3 stone to go!

Lot of people on here, like opal Lily and gingaling do 5:2 very well combined with sw!! I think you'd be fab at it. It probably learns you about being really hungry too rather than just boredom hunger!! I wish I could do it, the health benefits look good but I just know I'd binge like mad on the day after, even if on healthy stuff it would probably defeat the object for me! X

Thanks everyone xxx

Good luck - hope the fast days work out - i could never do it, would worry me too much when i ate 'normal' - but you are much more focused than me, and i am sure you will do well babe!

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to starting the 5:2 in combination with SW. It's something I never thought I'd be able to do, but (I think it was Rochelle who said it) if you plan right you really can get a lot for your 500cals.

I'm just sat making my meal plan for the upcoming week and have decided that for this next week my fast days will be Thursday and Saturday. I find weekdays easier to fast because I am always busy at work - I tend to be more "hungry" (usually just bored) on a weekend and think I may struggle more then. However, this Saturday is going to be a busy one, with me getting my nails done on the morning etc. so I think it will be another good day for a fast. All other days in between are going to be SW with a mixture of all three Original, Green and Extra Easy days.

Looking forward to WI tonight, my scales are reading 11st 12lb this morning. I need to be 11st 12.5lb at the most to have lost 2.5lb and get my half stone award tonight. So that's what I'm hoping for. Fingers crossed!

Back