Diary of a Bikini Bride

Day 3!

My trousers are loose! My trousers are loose! My trousers are loose!!! :D:D:D

I know I'm probably imagining it as its too soon but I feel sooooo much better today and thinner!!

Yesterday was ok - had loads of energy by the evening. Really enjoyed the spicy tomato soup but didn't have too much water as had already had 5 litres yesterday!! Hoped stopping earlier would delay the inevitable mid-night bathroom dash - it's too cold for all that nonsense! :)

Even had to venture into the kitchen for something and the dinner smells didn't bother me one bit - huzzah!!

I am feeling a bit more short tempered (sorry OH!!) but no dizziness or headaches - I think the water is doing its bit - as well it should! ;)

Tried plain porridge this morning for a change and really liked it - very warming and yummy. Not getting through enough water today though so am on a mission to cane it before hometime - only had 2 litres so far - naughty!

Trying to get through the choc orange but its hard work - not through anything except I hate chocolate but thought I'd better try all the packs to allow myself as much variety as possible. Am having it hot too to warm myself up so maybe that's the problem... It's very sickly (and brown!) and not my thing but will soldier on to get as many nutrients as possible.

So it seems as though the 'waterbed' feeling I've had is going down and that thin feeling is creeping in.

I want to do this so badly!!! I keep just saying silently to myself - you can do it, don't listen to anyone negative, this is the most important thing I can do for me right now. Am trying not to tell anyone except OH - am just saying that I'm on a detox if anyone notices. Have a feeling they'll all think I'm preggers though!! Was a big drinker (and often) so they'll know something's up. I just don't want the ignorant spiel of 'its unhealthy, its stupid, you look great' crap that got me here in the first place. They know nothing about it and can't be bothered with explanations - its exhausting and they won't understand and will keep trying to get me to quit.

Why do people do that??? :sigh:

Bleurgh this choc shake is really not doing me any favours...:jelous:

So onwards and (weight) downwards dear friends! Am focussing on Saturday weigh in (only 4 days in) and hopefully it will be wonderful!

I've decided to stop beating myself up for how I got to this point and concentrate on the me of the future - thinner, fabulous and full of confidence - and also the me of the present - determined, motivated and selfish! Sorry to say but I think it is important to be selfish and not for my family to put me on a guilt trip or complain or my friends to moan I'm not drinking with them.

I don't care what they say, I'm doing this my way!! :D:D:D

So positive today well done hun!

I like the plain porridge too, just had my spicy tomato so will save my Strawberry milkshake for my overtime!

I dont like Choc orange or the plain choc but the choc mint is lovely hot and cold!

I know what you mean i dont know why friends do it, I am unhappy with myself and trying to change it and then they are trying to persuade me out for a drink or 10 I cant bear it!

Feel like my time of the month is on its way :( hope that doesnt effect my weigh in Monday.

Godd luck with yours not long to go x

Yup feeling good! How are you feeling/doing today? Any issues?

Can't get this pack down me! :-( It's making me heave and not gonna happen! Have drunk a cm from the mug. Guess I'm going to have to leave it and have two later on. Annoying!

I know what you mean I think mine is due too - FUN!! :)

Weigh in will be fine! You're doing so well xxx

Hey - congratulations on your wedding and you sound really determined to lose the weight - good for you! I am getting married in 4.5 months and am no where near ready - only set a date about 2 weeks ago though :)

Greys, the next series, starts mid October - cannot wait! :) Is Zumba fun? I bought a wii game but have not got round to trying it yet - actually might get off my butt and do that now! :)

Aww thanks love! We haven't set a date yet as can only do one majorly stressful thing at a time and CD is it! Saying that though its been fairly easy going so far so hope that continues.

Wow short wedding prep time - how are you doing? We are eloping so no planning at all - picking a beach and that's it :D

Zumba is great if you've got the right teacher! It seems to vary wildly so get recommendations from people or even better just go along - you make get lucky :) xxx

Hey katieboo,

sounds like you're doing fab! :) Loose trousers... isn't it a great feeling? My size 14 jeans are literally hanging off me now but trying to hold off from buying a 12 as they might not fit for long either... hopefully ;)

It's my TOTM too but weirdly haven't really stopped losing since last month :( Has anyone else had this problem? Mentioned it to my CDC and she said it could be because oestrogen is stored in fat and when that starts getting released so does all the oestrogen!?! :confused: Sorry if that's TMI, but I suppose its another good reason to get loads of water down me to flush it all out.

Sounds like day 3 is going well. Sorry about your choc orange shake :( Must admit it's the only pack I've actually had to bin 'cos i couldn't drink it! and I like chocolate!

Have a good rest of the day. I'm off to work nights later :cry: so may go and try to get a couple of hours sleep now

Speak soon xxx

Hi Cari,

It is a great feeling and is what will get me through I think! I know what you mean - I will rely on old clothes when I start to shrink and then perhaps Primark as don't want to spend too much on clothes - I think belts are a must!

Good to know about totm - will check with mine too. It does seem as though if you do it 100% you lose every week so that's what I'm hoping for.

Am quite down now as had to throw the shake out and am starving. My concentration levels are taking a battering too - can't focus on work or what I need to do right now. Won't be able to have another pack until at least 6pm - sucks!!

Am jealous of you having a nap but not about working nights - I don't know how you do it. Am going straight to bed when I get home - this afternoon has been rubbish. Will remember to take a different pack to work with me if its one I haven't tried yet.

Oh well - it's a learning curve I suppose.

Not really - just cold again - I was dreading today as I've heard it can be the worst day but I feel fine. I have no idea if I am in Ketosis yet or not. Do you?

I did have a cheeky weight just to see how much if any water I had lost and the scales at work say nearly 5lbs but obv cant be sure if they are correct!

How are you doing after your shake? I still have the Vanilla and Cappacuino to try!

Day 4!!

So this is supposed to be the Day Of Doom!!

More like the Day Of Dancing!

This week is zipping past which I am surprised at. I thought it would drag majorly as I pondered my starvation and what I could be eating if I just stopped this silly diet.

Buuuuuut... food hasn't really bothered me at all. Even went to the food market at lunch with a colleague where there were tons of amazing smelling food stalls but it didn't bother me. Just thought to myself - mmm that smells good, think of how fab I'm going to look sooner if I don't have any! lol!

Cheating isn't an option for me. If I slip a little it will keep happening and I don't understand why I would do that to myself. I would convince myself it was ok again and again and that's crazy. The whole point of food replacement diets as I can see it is to re-educate my taste-buds and my brain to healthy fuel for my body. Not to gorge on pizza when I feel it unfair on those I'm with if I don't. I think that's a bunch of rubbish! Just an excuse to stuff my fat face! Pointless!

I'm hoping when this journey is at maintenance I won't want pizza and fat-filled food but will make the right choices to keep not only my body but my sanity on the right track. If I mess up and put it all back on I don't know how I will deal with it.

So it's not an option.

Non of us are infallible though and I'm sure temptation will come my way at some point. Geez those of you who are on Day 150 or whatever have my awe and admiration!! I really feel at this point that my hatred of how I look now will be a focus point as well as the me of 5 months time. I picture myself at 10 stone, getting married on the beach, stunning flowing dress, barefoot with flowers in my hair with my hubbie able to pick me up and swing me around - without causing a hernia!! I also focus on how I looked at the start of this journey and the photos I took to remind me never to be this way again. People do say don't look back, but I think that it helps you to make that decision between a cake or a pint of water. Do I really want to ever be that fat again. No.

Another poster used the phrase "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" and although there was a lot of uproar when Mrs Moss said it, I do think she has a point. How amazing do we feel when we have a loss? Even now, 4 days in, my clothes are looser and it spurs me on to succeed, beat the fat demon and create a healthy body so I can live a long life with my hubbie and future kids.

On the flip side, how awful do we feel when it goes the other way? I'm so sick and tired of feeling awful. I refuse to let it happen.

So Day 4 nearly down and weigh in tomorrow morning. The thought makes me slightly panicky and I have butterflies but I have done this 100% - no cheats, no muss, no fuss.

Well maybe a bit of a fuss - it wouldn't be me otherwise!

Not really - just cold again - I was dreading today as I've heard it can be the worst day but I feel fine. I have no idea if I am in Ketosis yet or not. Do you?

I did have a cheeky weight just to see how much if any water I had lost and the scales at work say nearly 5lbs but obv cant be sure if they are correct!

How are you doing after your shake? I still have the Vanilla and Cappacuino to try!

Hi C-L no idea on ketosis - I'm not hungry and am cold - those are the symptoms right?!

Ooh fab cheeky weigh-in!! Have my 4 1/2 day weigh in tomorrow - ARGH!! :D Excited about it but it won't be much as its only a half week really.

Urgh shake was a nightmare but have made sure just to order one's I like from now on. Problem is I don't like, coffee, mushrooms or nuts so it cuts my choices by half. Hmm....

How's day 4 going for you hun? xx

Day 4 is ok - had to force my soup as am not hungry at all. Still got a shake to go!

I have found the soups taste nothing like what they are meant to be. I love Tomatoes but hated the Tomato soup the taste stayed with me until last night! I just tried the mushroom and altho it didnt taste like mushrooms it was ok! I am just going to give all a go I hate strawberry milkshake but that seemed ok too!

I like the way you are thinking you are doing really well! We should just keep this up and stay positive! I seem to have a scratchy throat today and someone said this is a side effect its not too bothering but hope it goes away!

I have just been to the hummingbird bakery to buy some treats for the in laws! Such a challenge but I pulled through! lol

Yeah know what you mean about not being hungry - good you are having them though as it is important.

Ooh didn't hear about the throat thing. Mine's ok so far.

Good one for being good at the bakery!! Have a great weekend hun and catch up next week! xxx

Good Luck

Good luck with the diet, i am on day 11 and have lost 10lbs its really good but does require committment something i have not been too good on in the past but i am trying now.Its my birthday on 8 Dec and this is my goal to loose 2 stone and wear some jeans without feeling fat in them
:wave_cry:

I am sure you can do it 11 days - well done :)

You too Katie have a lovely weekend an good luck at ur weigh in ?

Sounds like you are doing really well. Well done resisting temptation.

I have never really felt the cold, although I do get headaches. I just drink more water and that seems to help. Keep up the good work.

Harris well done am sure you'll look great for you birthday!!

Egbert yeah water should help but I know it's hard sometimes. You're lucky you don't feel the cold! :)

Day 5!!

Soooooo short weigh in week... Wasn't expecting much as still feel like a waterbed! :)

Just had my meeting and have lost... in 4 full days...

9lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy!!! Huzzah!!! :)

This is so crazy am over the moon I can't believe it!

My CDC wants me to get to a stone by next Saturday but screw that... I'm gonna smash it!!

Have a great weekend everyone xxxxx

Wowwww!! 9lbs in 4 days? That is amazing! :D Bet you're thrilled to bits?! isn't this diet fab? :) The quick results really help to keep your motivation going. It's the first diet I've never wanted to cheat on which is a first for me! :)

Hope you're having a good day hun. Keep up the good work;)

xxx

Well done Hun excellent! Mines tonight! Hope it's at least 7lbs!

Good luck today - week 2 xx

Day 7!!

So great weekend all round! No slips or even thoughts about it which I'm amazed at. As a generally weak-willed person I am very proud of myself! :D

I had my first cheating dream last night where my sister guilt-tripped me into drinking champagne! Ha! For me its not an option at all.

My fabulous loss on Saturday after only 4 days shows this is working and I am more determined than ever to keep going.

Just had lunch and found it hard getting the soup down just because I wasn't hungry at all... Feel very full now!

So next weigh-in is Saturday and that will be my weigh day going forward. My CDC is brilliant and comes to my house with all the packs for the next week and we had a great chat on Saturday. She sadi I was her star this week as another girl lost 11lbs but that was a full week. Feeling my competitive edge creeping in... :D

Am wearing a size smaller jeans to work that I couldn't get into this time last week and I can feel my confidence growing every day.

As long as its only my confidence that grows I am one happy girly!! :D

Back