Diary of a binge eater.

I really need to start exercising soon... I think this every day. I'm bone idle and it's not doing me any favours!

I would recommend finding something that you enjoy otherwise you'll just feel like its a chore. I hate the gym but love the exercise classes.

Off for my doctors appointment at uni to talk about this, so scared that I won't explain it right! Ahh hopefully it'll be productive and helpful!

Off for my doctors appointment at uni to talk about this, so scared that I won't explain it right! Ahh hopefully it'll be productive and helpful!

Good luck hun xxx

Good luck hope you get a better response than I did :)

I managed to get help from my gp, but I think it helped I had done my own research. I had already found the eating disorder service I wanted him to refer me to, so I just said I had been having these issues since childhood and wanted to address them.

Lots of bad experiences with gp's about other things over the years, I think I was very lucky it went so smoothly this occasion, I hope you have the same good luck tomorrow! So much depends on a gp's personal view of an issue, it shouldn't be like that, and we should be treated like experts about our own lives.

Terrible day on plan. Small binge after work. Just eating crap cos I've got nothing in till my shopping gets delivered tomorrow. I'm not dwelling on it just going to move on.

When my shopping comes I'm making lots of soups etc so should be better prepared. I'm going to re read my books and magazines tonight for some inspiration.

Yeah it wasn't very helpful at all, except she referred me for a counselling session which hopefully might be useful? But in general she just did not get what I was feeling or telling her... "you buy all that food and then just eat it in one sitting, without putting it in the cupboards or away?"... "er yes, that's the problem when I can't resist my binge urges"...

Hopefully the counselling will help, but could just be a similar response really...

But on a positive note I'm on day four without a binge so that's making me feel in control! :)

Yeah it wasn't very helpful at all, except she referred me for a counselling session which hopefully might be useful? But in general she just did not get what I was feeling or telling her... "you buy all that food and then just eat it in one sitting, without putting it in the cupboards or away?"... "er yes, that's the problem when I can't resist my binge urges"...

Hopefully the counselling will help, but could just be a similar response really...

But on a positive note I'm on day four without a binge so that's making me feel in control! :)

I wanted to push for counselling but scared they'd put me on anti depressants (I've read that docs use them to treat binge eating disorder)
Through counselling they'll try and get to the reason why u binge eat. I would like cognitive therapy which changes the way you think about food

Well done for been on day 4 :)

Well done for making the brave step to ask for help.

Unfortunately I don't think people understand binge eating unless they have been through it themselves. When I went to the doctors and explained my problem, they tried to diagnose me with post-natal depression - argh!!! Lol.

Counselling may help though so that's a positive.
Let us know how it goes, if it works it may be worth me paying for therapy myself - it can't be much more expensive than all the food I buy!!

B- banana
L- tesco sushi, walkers baked crisps
T- speed soup & smash cheese scones

Hex a- milk & cheese
Hex b- tuna

Snacks- apple, tuna pasta salad

Syns- mayo- 5, sushi- 3 & walkers baked- 5.5

Exercise - 45 min spin class

Feeling really positive today, good day on plan and great exercise class.

Last edited:
mmm smash cheese scones sound lovely! Well done on a great day! I am proud to report a 2lb loss tonight :)

Well done lottie, that's a fab loss xx

Knew that I might break my 'five days without binging' yesterday after weigh in as I normally go crazy on Thursday nights. Sooo made a batch of those chocolate chickpea cupcakes to eat afterwards and even though I ate them all it was only 3.5 syns for the lot. Think I might have to try a technique like this every week!

I hope every one else is getting on okay :) xx

Knew that I might break my 'five days without binging' yesterday after weigh in as I normally go crazy on Thursday nights. Sooo made a batch of those chocolate chickpea cupcakes to eat afterwards and even though I ate them all it was only 3.5 syns for the lot. Think I might have to try a technique like this every week!

Ooh have you got the recipe for.those?
I had WI yesturday then ate chocolate coated marshmallows, crisps, cake... So disappointed in myself but today is a new day...

Brilliant, well done! Here's to day 6, 7 etc! Today I am 2 weeks binge free!

Ooh have you got the recipe for.those?
I had WI yesturday then ate chocolate coated marshmallows, crisps, cake... So disappointed in myself but today is a new day...

Here you go :)

Drain and blend a tin of chickpeas, blend in 3 eggs, then add 2 tbsp of cocoa, a tsp of baking powder, vanilla essence and lots of sweetener. Spoon into cases and bake for 20 minutes.

Then I made 'icing' out of fromage frais, 1 tbsp of cocoa and more sweeter :)

IMG_7288.jpg

Back