Diary of a binge eater.

Well last night I ended up having some crackers with cheese, a bag of French fries and a galaxy chocolate bar. It wasn't a binge because on a binge I would eat this four times over. I convinced my self that I could have it as a treat because I've lost weight, but I don't want to stat this again as it really slowed my losses down last time. So as from this week I'm going to save syns for a small treat on a sun night.

sigh I just did something...but I stopped so now back to 'the diet'!!!! Thank God for the times when I can stop myself.

Draw a line under it and move on hun. We all fall off the wagon x

Well last night I ended up having some crackers with cheese, a bag of French fries and a galaxy chocolate bar. It wasn't a binge because on a binge I would eat this four times over. I convinced my self that I could have it as a treat because I've lost weight, but I don't want to stat this again as it really slowed my losses down last time. So as from this week I'm going to save syns for a small treat on a sun night.

Hi Hun I count mine from 105 & take syns off daily so then if I eat a bit more one night it doesn't matter as I have enough syns to cover it so I never think sod it I've blown it might be worth giving it a go x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Hun I count mine from 105 & take syns off daily so then if I eat a bit more one night it doesn't matter as I have enough syns to cover it so I never think sod it I've blown it might be worth giving it a go x

Thanks Valerie ill give that a go this week. Sometimes you just need more syns some days than others xx

In a definite binge mood today, wanting to eat and eat even though I'm not hungry. But managed a 100% day yesterday and really want another today so have just about managed to curve it by still eating (I know I shouldn't really as I'm not hungry but otherwise it would be bad food) sweet couscous, four satsumas and decided to boil lots of cabbage and make up a little bit superfree tomatoey sauce to go over it in a big bowl... quite random foods but has really helped so far.

Just want to make it through this evening now!

Massive binge, very stressful day.

Don't be downhearted hun.

You've had an amazing loss this week and your doing so well with tje exercise - focus on the positives. Tomorrow is another day. #hugs

Ill be fine, just one of those days where everything's got a bit to much. So disappointed but got 6 days to put it right. I wish food didn't control my feelings. Xx

Don't worry - like you said you've got 6days til WI.

Food controling your emotions - I'm with you there but have no answers as to how to stop it...

Don't be too disappointed in yourself though, you had a fab loss this week and your regularly exercising. You can do it and you will do it.

Keep smiling xx

Ill be fine, just one of those days where everything's got a bit to much. So disappointed but got 6 days to put it right. I wish food didn't control my feelings. Xx

Hi kel just draw a line under it we all have blips just get back to plan ((((big hug )))) xx

Hi everyone! I have just spotted this thread. I have had issues with binge-eating since childhood, and I echo so much of what you have all said. I could have written these posts myself! I hope I can join you all here to share our journeys to recovery?

I have had help from a binge-eating support group, and have read quite a bit too, but knowing what to do isn't enough. I tend to be weakest when my husband works away from home 2 nights a week, so I have focussed all my energy into not binge-eating those 2 nights. I have been binge free for 12 days and counting :) He goes away again tomorrow, so I am already thinking about how to avoid falling off the wagon. Its an addiction, I too feel high after I binge. So many times I can't resist, I'm like a heroin addict. I lie about it, hide it, whatever it takes to get my fix. Luckily I have a very supportive husband, who I do always eventually confess to.

All I can say, from my experience, is that eating well is a big help. I am on SW, so I have big meals and use all my syns, have second helpings etc if I want. Deprivation is a big trigger for me. There are some foods I have learnt to avoid altogether that trigger me too, like white bread and pastry (although the support group thought this was a bad idea). The first few days are the hardest when I stop bingeing, my whole body screams at me for junk food for days. Reaching 1 week binge free is always a milestone for me. If I keep it up til Friday, that will be week 2. Thats all I focus on each day. Counting the days helps me a lot.

Anyway, I don't want to bore you all with a very long first post, I'm sure I will get a chance to say all the things going through my head!

Thanks for all you have shared here everyone :)

Hi everyone! I have just spotted this thread. I have had issues with binge-eating since childhood, and I echo so much of what you have all said. I could have written these posts myself! I hope I can join you all here to share our journeys to recovery?

I have had help from a binge-eating support group, and have read quite a bit too, but knowing what to do isn't enough. I tend to be weakest when my husband works away from home 2 nights a week, so I have focussed all my energy into not binge-eating those 2 nights. I have been binge free for 12 days and counting :) He goes away again tomorrow, so I am already thinking about how to avoid falling off the wagon. Its an addiction, I too feel high after I binge. So many times I can't resist, I'm like a heroin addict. I lie about it, hide it, whatever it takes to get my fix. Luckily I have a very supportive husband, who I do always eventually confess to.

All I can say, from my experience, is that eating well is a big help. I am on SW, so I have big meals and use all my syns, have second helpings etc if I want. Deprivation is a big trigger for me. There are some foods I have learnt to avoid altogether that trigger me too, like white bread and pastry (although the support group thought this was a bad idea). The first few days are the hardest when I stop bingeing, my whole body screams at me for junk food for days. Reaching 1 week binge free is always a milestone for me. If I keep it up til Friday, that will be week 2. Thats all I focus on each day. Counting the days helps me a lot.

Anyway, I don't want to bore you all with a very long first post, I'm sure I will get a chance to say all the things going through my head!

Hi Lottie,

Thanks for sharing and joining us!

I find the support I receive on here invaluable! I wouldn't have got this far without it!

I hope we can all continue to help, inspire and support one another x

Hi lottie, welcome to this thread. Thanks for sharing, there's lots of support here. Well done for not binge eating in twelve days that's great.

Hi Hun welcome x its surprising how many of us there are with the same issues ;-( well done on ur 12 days of not bingeing u will soon be at the 2 week mark
Good luck xx

Well done for your 12 days without binging. Really love the idea of counting the days without a binge, think I'm going to try that too now (day 3 for me). And yes can completely relate to everything you've said, hope you make your two week mark!

Phew, I've got through today. I always struggle to get bk on plan after a binge.Finding today hard its 2 days to payday and there's not much healthy foods in but seems to plenty of rubbish.

B- porridge & blueberries
L- cheese sand which
T- sw chips & beans

Hex a- milk & cheese
Hex b- porridge & bread

Snacks- 4 bananas,

Syns- bag of crisps- 5

Exercise- circuit class, felt like a fool again, defiantly the unfittest there but it's something I really want to be good at so I'm going to keep trying.

I like lotties idea of counting the days without a binge. Day one for me :)

Phew, I've got through today. I always struggle to get bk on plan after a binge.Finding today hard its 2 days to payday and there's not much healthy foods in but seems to plenty of rubbish.

L- cheese sand which
T- sw chips & beans

Hex a- milk & cheese
Hex b- porridge & bread

Snacks- 4 bananas,

Syns- bag of crisps- 5

Exercise- circuit class, felt like a fool again, defiantly the unfittest there but it's something I really want to be good at so I'm going to keep trying.

Well done Kel :D Here's to day 2 tomorrow :party0036:

L- cheese sand which
T- sw chips & beans

Hex a- milk & cheese
Hex b- porridge & bread

Snacks- 4 bananas,

Syns- bag of crisps- 5

Well done hun! Great day! And so good with the exercise again - puts me to shame! X

Back