Diary of a binge eater.

I'm weighing in on a sun evening Im really want a good one this week. If I can get through the weekend that will be my first week on plan since September :)

Your doing fab, you deserve a good loss!!

I started having breakfast again and it's amazing the difference it makes. I'm not half as hungry when I get home in the evenings which does curb the urge a lot. Having said that, this week has not been so great for me, but today I am starting over.

Good luck with starting over, stay positive don't focus on the past few days xx

Twenty ways to stop binge eating:

How do I Stop Binge Eating? - Top 20 Ways to Stop Binge Eating | RECOVER....

Personally, I am going to try the timer thing and the never-letting-myself-get-too-hungry thing. Have also seriously been looking into getting therapy.

I'm not sure which school of thought I agree with though and ergo, whether therapy would help. What do you think causes your binging?

1. Binging is a way of achieving fulfillment because there is something wrong/lacking in your emotional life.
2. You eat for pleasure (eating releases hormones in the brain that induce a feeling of pleasure). This results in food intake that can override the body's homeostatic systems for controlling eating and lead to overconsumption of calories.
3. binging eating is the result of allowing the urges that spring from one's "animal" brain to override the wisdom of one's "highest human" brain. By surrendering all the power to the animal brain, the binge eater ends up feeling as if she/he has no choice but to give in to the urge to binge, no matter how irrational or self-destructive it is to do so.

Very keen to know what you all think!

I'm all 3 of these. I went to the doctors this week hoping to be offered cognitive tharapy but no such luck. It took a lot of courage for me to open up to the doctor and it was for nothing. I won't be doing that again. I am finding the support here very encouraging. When I started this thread I didn't think any one would admit to the same issues but by us all been honest its really encouraging that we can help each other. I honestly don't think I'll ever stop binging without therapy but if I can control them then I would be happier.

I think everyones reasons for bingeing are so complex its a little hard to pidgeon-hole everyone into neat categories.

I'm currently on delay tactics - everytime I want to binge I'm trying to do something else - outside of the house and away from food if I can.

Also made the massive decision to be honest with OH - we've been together almost 6years and I've always glossed over my issues with food but after I bought the cake and crisps the other day I felt I needed some at home support as well so told him all about my battles, both previously and now - the starving myself, making myself sick, taking 'miracle pills', secret eating, bingeing - the lot.

Think he was mortified and didn't really know what to say but he knows now and is being much more sensitive to my daily battles.
It felt absolutely terrifying to explain everything but then the thought of carrying on as I am is equally as terrifying...

I think it's great that you've opened up to your OH. I think you'll notice a massive difference in support at home.myn would never understand but I think he knows sum things not right. He supports my weight loss etc.

Its nice to know its not just me Val that has tried almost everything!

I found telling him a bit of a relief to be honest - no more lying/hiding things.

SW is the only diet I have done that is healthy, and although I have bad days, on the whole I think its the best thing for me to do.

Have a good day everyone xx

I think sw is best for a binges because the amount we can eat without the guilt.

starving myself, making myself sick, taking 'miracle pills', secret eating, bingeing - the lot.
God this could have been writing this my OH doesn't know the battles I've had with food etc he knew I had binges but didn't know the extent I think I enjoyed the secrecy I would go up the shop & buy us a bar of choc each then eat 2 or 3 bars on the way back plus extra packs of sweets & choc that I would hide upstairs in the bathroom if he said cor I could eat another one of them I would tell him he didn't need it lol what a cheek I've got ;-) I haven't binged for a good couple of weeks now & haven't been tempted yet I found evenings were bad for me if I went in kitchen around 10 would stuff my face so now I go to bed at 9 & don't go down to make any drinks then the temptations not there, I wonder if all us bingers go through the pills, making ourselves sick etc when i made myself sick I would eat lettuce first so I knew when that came out my stomach was empty euck.
Hopefully we will all sort our issues out I think it helps when others have had the same problems its good to know I'm not the only one :) hope u have a good day xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've never made my self sick, but have been tempted. I tend to become obsessed with exercise. then if I can't physically burn the calories I beat myself up which leads to another binge.

I think it's great that you've opened up to your OH. I think you'll notice a massive difference in support at home.myn would never understand but I think he knows sum things not right. He supports my weight loss etc.

To be honest, I think I'd just got to the point where I was struggling and it just all poured out. It has helped though, and I think he's more aware of things now x

Today's been a tough one just wanted to eat all day long which has resulted in me going over my syns but I've worked them out for the week. I've used 89 & it's way in day 2mo.

B-2 quorn sosuage, wm bread, egg and brown sauce
L- pizza muffins ( I also ate my daughters that she didn't want)
T- curried loaf, sw roast potatoes and med veg.

Hex a- milk & cheese
Hex b- wm bread & ham

Snacks- 2 apples

Syns- 2 muffins- 16
Hot choc- 2
Quorn sosuage- 2
Brown sauce- 1
Total- 21

No exercise/ rest day

You didn't go much over hun and are well within your weekly syns, so no problem.

Pizza muffins - how do you make them??? Pizza craving needs satisfying... X

I just brought some kings mill muffins, topped with Tomato purée, onion, mushroom, sweet corn, ham, pineapple and cheese. Pop in oven to melted. There really nice but I couldn't stop at just the one. I got the recipe of the change for life app. There's some really good recipes.

Yay I did it, got through the week without binging and lost a whopping 7 lbs. I feel amazing especially because this is without me going to classes.

B- porridge,apple and cinnamon
L- bachelors Chinese rice
T- roast chicken, mustard mash, mixed veg, 2 yorkie puds & gravy

Hex a- milk
Hex b- porridge & chicken

Snacks- 2 apples, 4 satsumas

Syns- gravy- 2
Yorkie puds- 4
French fries- 4.5
Total- 10.5

Exercise- walking up steep hills whilst sledding with the kids and 45 min spin class.

I just brought some kings mill muffins, topped with Tomato purée, onion, mushroom, sweet corn, ham, pineapple and cheese. Pop in oven to melted. There really nice but I couldn't stop at just the one. I got the recipe of the change for life app. There's some really good recipes.

Mmmmmm these sound good xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yay I did it, got through the week without binging and lost a whopping 7 lbs. I feel amazing especially because this is without me going to classes.

B- porridge,apple and cinnamon
L- bachelors Chinese rice
T- roast chicken, mustard mash, mixed veg, 2 yorkie puds & gravy

Hex a- milk
Hex b- porridge & chicken

Snacks- 2 apples, 4 satsumas

Syns- gravy- 2
Yorkie puds- 4
French fries- 4.5
Total- 10.5

Exercise- walking up steep hills whilst sledding with the kids and 45 min spin class.

Amazing, well done with staying on track and then getting that huge loss! :)

Thanks for all you'll support, I really feel like my heads in the right place and that's because of minimins and everyone who posts here :)

And your inspiring us! Your loss is amazing. Still try to get my head around half a stone in a week! So pleased for you! X

omg i am a binge eater and have been for about the past 4 years (roughly that i have recognised) everyone of you i can so relate too. i too am following slimming world and have choose this as its a healthy diet to follow. i have done ww in the past had great weight loss but eaten alot of crap for my points. i am a binge eater who will panic after and try to burn off the binge in the gym but also if i can feel a binge comming on i will exercise before my binge to compensate. i mainly follow extra easy or green days and i too have found the bigger the meals the better i am with binging. i have started doing extra easy days with 2 x he a's and 2 x he b's as i love my milk for brews and like to have cereal and maybe bread in the same day. on ee i use up my syns quickly then i end up going over and then i feel like ive failed so binge city here i come ! another thing that doesnt help me is that i always seem to be in the shops. i do my mums shopping for her as i live at home and my mum works full time but i also do my dad's shopping 2 times per week as he is disabled. i hope everyone is ok and are doing well x

Last edited:
Back