Diary of a binge eater.

Aaaannnnnnnnd...

After 1 week I have lost 300g (just less than a pound). It's not great, but I figure that since I also celebrated New Year's it's not too bad. And if nothing else, it's a start.

Aaaannnnnnnnd...

After 1 week I have lost 300g (just less than a pound). It's not great, but I figure that since I also celebrated New Year's it's not too bad. And if nothing else, it's a start.

Well done that's a great start to the new year. A loss is a loss and as you said you still enjoyed yourself :)

Aaaannnnnnnnd...

And on a different note, where else on minimins does everyone post? I've been checking out the different forums. Not sure where to get started - there are so many! And some seem more active than others.

I tend to post on the sw section but just started reading other sections. There are so many with good advice, I like to look at before and after photos

Hi, I'm a binge eater too, I can go for weeks and be fine but then something will trigger me off and I'll binge, most times i hide it, sneaking food up to my room, eating in work, but eating normally when i'm around my mum and dad. I've been much better for the last year, but still lapse sometimes and go into a binge for a day or too, most time i managed to get myself back onto slimming world though, except the last few months i've been in a constant binge cycle, after 9 weeks of being unable to stop myself eating the junk i think i've finally gotta out of my cycle again, so back on SW again.

Good luck goin bk to sw, I find it easier to control the binges when focused on sw. I'm tryin to stay focused as I can't get bk to class till end feb.

I am too a self confessed binge eater my downfall is Doritos share bag with 25% extra too. I will eat these on my own then put the wrapper in the bin after I've hidden it under other rubbish, I'll also eat popcorn or if I can't get hold of this stuff I'll binge on anything else but it's always on my own when my partner is at work or in the car on my own.
Now I haven't binged in a while since October and I've been trying to think why I binge and so far I've come up with some reasons.
1. boredom
2. stressed
3. I've exercised and now I can award myself and this goes with weight loss too.
4. I FLIPPEN LOVE FOOD!!

It's something that we have to learn to change. Understand what our triggers are and think about what we can do to distract ourselves from binging.

And on a different note, where else on minimins does everyone post? I've been checking out the different forums. Not sure where to get started - there are so many! And some seem more active than others.

I too tend to post on the SW forums as that's the diet that I'm doing at the mo.

Theres threads on loads of different diets though...

Now I haven't binged in a while since October and I've been trying to think why I binge and so far I've come up with some reasons.
1. boredom
2. stressed
3. I've exercised and now I can award myself and this goes with weight loss too.
4. I FLIPPEN LOVE FOOD!!

It's something that we have to learn to change. Understand what our triggers are and think about what we can do to distract ourselves from binging.

I have a number 5 for me.... 5) Punish myself

Ah really bad first week back in work. Feel like giving up the diet and stuffing my face :-(

Sooo hard, dunno how long I'll be able to resist a binge...

Ah really bad first week back in work. Feel like giving up the diet and stuffing my face :-(

Sooo hard, dunno how long I'll be able to resist a binge...

How are you doing today sweets? Please don't give up, you'll feel 10x worse afterwards.

I had a binge on Thursday night and I felt wracked with guilt the whole of yesterday. It's not worth it.

Stuck to plan so far today but yesturday was a disaster!

Trying to get back into the SW mindset but I really just want to eat :-(

I've had a horrendous week at work and raging toothache. Binges most days really wish I could regain the right mindset. Been looking at techniques to stop binging but there just not working for me I'm going to have to get advice from a doctor. Hope your all havin a good week xx

I heard recently that literally/physically pushing away the food that you want to eat can sometimes help reduce the temptation to eat it. Something about a physical reinforcement of what you are already telling yourself to do mentally.

Kel if you come across any techniques, please let us know.

Stuck to plan so far today but yesturday was a disaster!

Trying to get back into the SW mindset but I really just want to eat :-(

Hi Hun I've been away from sw for 3 months cause I couldn't get into right mindset put on 34 lbs in that time eeek , have had to borrow my daughters size 18 jeans was in size 14 in sep that gave me the kick I needed but this time around I am eating loads more than I did when I was on sw b4 & haven't been tempted to binge must be because I'm eating plenty, hope u can get back into the mindset good luck xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks everyone.
Trying today but it really is hard - almost like split personality, one half of me wants to stuff my face and the other half wants to have a good loss this week.

Had 2 toffees out of the Roses tin and then OH took them away so at least I didn't eat too many.

Just bought a size 10 dress to wear in the summer - hoping it might give me the inspiration to carry on.

To be honest I was sort of managing before I went back to work but since I went back on Monday all I've wanted to do is stuff - maybe its because I associate work woth binges as I used yo eay in secret on the way to/from work...

And I am finding it hard working full-time again, 30 miles away from home with a toddler and a baby. I seem to get home and they go yo bed not long after - really missong being home with them...

Ah I'm rambling now...

Thanks for all your support! Think it would be 10x harder without you all xx

Well today's a new day trying to keep positive but its hard. I've been awake all night, I keep getting constant pins and needles in my arms oh is making me go to docs. Whilst there I don't know whether to bring up the whole binge eating thing. It depends which doc it is ones already had a go at me about my weight so defiantly haven't got the confidence to bring it up with him. I worried they won't understand and say I'm greedy.

Today's food is (green day)

B- egg on toast
L- roast pork, potatoes, broccoli, Yorker puds and gravy
T- vegetable omelette & baked beans.

Hex a- milk in drinks
Hex b- pork and bread

Snacks-

Syns- gravy 3
Yorkie puds - 4

Exercise- 45 min spin class

I'm going to weigh myself at the gym later and see what the damage is from last weeks binges. As I'm doing sw from home I'm going to change wi to sun then hopefully ill be in more control over the weekends.

Well back from the gym had an amazing workout. Jumped on the scales and I've put another four pounds on which now takes me to14 stone this is a massive wake up call that I need. I'm not going to dwell on it because that will only lead to more binges. I'm just going to move forward, there is only me that can loose the weight. It's not going to be easy but I'm gonna beat it

I would like 2lbs off this week.

Back