Diary of a binge eater.

Onward and downwards hun xxx

What does everyone do to stave off a binge when they feel it coming on? I binged last night. Nights are always the WORST, most vulnerable time for me.

What does everyone do to stave off a binge when they feel it coming on? I binged last night. Nights are always the WORST, most vulnerable time for me.

Tried to distract myself for a while by watching TV. Turns out that does not work. Neither does playing around on the computer.

Well back from the doctors, they haven't reallygave me any constructive advice, basically they want me to weigh in at the doctors each week because I can't afford the sw classes. This is a good idea and I will do this but it doesn't really deal with what's going on in my head.

Bingo they say to use distraction techniques for example read a book, go for a walk etc but it doesn't help me, if I feel a binge coming there's not a lot I can do to stop it.

I might try eating bigger portions as long as its within sw foods so I'm fuller in the evening when my binges start.

Night are the worst for me aswell.
Sounds strange but brushing my teeth helps.
Or showering, its just delay tactics really.
X

Well back from the doctors, they haven't reallygave me any constructive advice, basically they want me to weigh in at the doctors each week because I can't afford the sw classes. This is a good idea and I will do this but it doesn't really deal with what's going on in my head.

Bingo they say to use distraction techniques for example read a book, go for a walk etc but it doesn't help me, if I feel a binge coming there's not a lot I can do to stop it.

I might try eating bigger portions as long as its within sw foods so I'm fuller in the evening when my binges start.

You'd think they'd offer counselling or something more constructive to deal with the psychological issues around eating.
Tut... Don't think people really know what your going through unless they've been through it themselves.

X

I've been battling all week with the wish to binge- has been so so difficult. I haven't blown out massively or completely, just slightly off plan..For example, had 25 syns and not 15 a couple of days, and ate bigger portions of dinner (SW food though) too. Being honest, it did help doing that, going slightly off plan that is. By not going into to the kitchen and just ramming food down my throat, it helped me think and focus about what I was doing.

Even one year on I get the odd 'twinge' about wanting a cigarette, so if I'm consciously trying to give up binging then the urge to do so is going to be around for some time yet..Right now it's so much to do with will power...someone advised to to imagine how I'd feel after I binged (if I did) .. those thoughts have helped me.

Stay strong !

Paul I think ifs great that you can go a little over your sins and not fully loose control this is what I hope to do.

Really enjoyed today on plan

Here's the food (green day)

B- porridge and blueberries
L- creamy cheese mug shot. 2 slice em bread
T- qourn sosauge, broccoli, mustard mash, onion gravy and one yorkie pud.

Hex a- milk
Hex b- porridge oats and wm bread

Snacks- 2 apples and 1 banana.

Syns- gravy- 3
Yorkie pud- 2
Whole grain mustard- 1
Mug shot- 2
Highlights hot choc- 2
French fries- 4.5

Total- 14.5

No gym but lots of walking in the snow :)

Last edited:
Im a late night binger too, sonetimes the urge is so strong i cant sleep uness ive had whatever's calling me lol, Ive recently discovered peppermint tea, it doesnt sound appealing but i swear with some sweetener its lovely
and it does actual curb the hunger cause it leaves a minty tingly feeling inside ha, i even mixed a few teaspoons of hot choc then left the teabag in and it made a mint aero type hot drink yum, i do suggest this at night just before going to sleep x

Ooh thats something to try pinknails! I'm brushing my teeth to curb binges at the mo but its not really practical long term so might give your tea a try

Ohh thanks for the tip, felt the urge tonight but had a hot choc which seems to have worked.

Kel86, I hide it most of the time. I will wait until hubby has gone to have a bath and then I'll let go. Or if I'm home alone I might even pop down the shop and stock up on everything bad. When I get home I'll sit down and have an eating session, often until I feel sick. If there is cake about at work, I'll wait until everyone has gone to lunch and then have one slice of everything.

I know I need to speak to someone because I have always had this problem to some extent, although doing WeightWatchers seems to have made it worse. While I was losing weight (for about a year) I never binged because I was highly motivated, but as soon as I reached my goal weight it started again and has not stopped since. I cannot seem to find a balance, I am either angelic and ultra disciplined or I fall off the wagon completely. I cannot understand people who can just have one biscuit and leave the rest for another day. If there are 20 biscuits in the cupboard, I have to have all 20 or throw all 20 out.

Flabtofit, there are indeed loads of good DVDs out there. If you go down that route, buy a few for a bit of variety. Doing the same one all the time can get boring. You could also buy home-gym equipment if you had some money to spare (and space!).

I could 'reply' to sooo many of all your posts on here, relate to it all it seems! I've been doing SW since May and it seemed to have completely gotten rid of my previous urges to binge. However, for the last month I have been worse than ever. I'll just feel the need to binge and then make mental lists of all the foods I want to eat and buy. Even if I have nothing in the house I'll go to the cupcake shop, then co-op and then tesco just to fulfill all my urges. I was just getting to a comfortable weight before all this started as well, feel so disgusting after but just can't seem to stop.

Sorry, never told anyone all of this before but really appreicate everyone's honesty in the this thread so thought I'd share too. Desperately need to overcome this and just don't know how! (I'll have about four days in control doing SW strictly, and then two days off again where I can easily put on half a stone in that short amount of time) Constant battle, aahhh!

I could 'reply' to sooo many of all your posts on here, relate to it all it seems! I've been doing SW since May and it seemed to have completely gotten rid of my previous urges to binge. However, for the last month I have been worse than ever. I'll just feel the need to binge and then make mental lists of all the foods I want to eat and buy. Even if I have nothing in the house I'll go to the cupcake shop, then co-op and then tesco just to fulfill all my urges. I was just getting to a comfortable weight before all this started as well, feel so disgusting after but just can't seem to stop.

Sorry, never told anyone all of this before but really appreicate everyone's honesty in the this thread so thought I'd share too. Desperately need to overcome this and just don't know how! (I'll have about four days in control doing SW strictly, and then two days off again where I can easily put on half a stone in that short amount of time) Constant battle, aahhh!

Hi Hannah,
Hopefully we all support each other to overcome it together.
Xx

Back