Diary of a chocoholic

Yeah Green and Blacks the higher the cocoa % is an acquired taste to say the least, good luck with that second square ;)

I noticed the ice cream part... it was in the fine print... but did not go unnoticed... was it good? Can't remember the last time I had Ice cream, I'm sooo jealous!!! x

Lol I don't think your meant to chumble down a whole chunk at a time!! The trick is in slowly nibbling it and letting it melt in your mouth a teeny bit at a time!! Otherwise it's like chewing coffee beans!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Legomom i did let the chocolate melt in my mouth! :) And Lindsey the ice-cream was gorgeous!!

I had a quick 2 minutes on here yesterday but didn't have time to post anything, i am a bit short for time now but i want to account for yesterday before i post properly tonight.

So i went to Nando's yesterday as everyone well knows as i waffle on about it so much. I took dd1 as she did so well at sports day that she deserved it! During the day i had eaten quite a lot, all healthy stuff, but i was just ravenous! I got in late so didn't do any exercise either :sigh: It is safe to say that i over-ate yesterday but it wasn't a binge because i didn't feel that compulsion and i feel ok today, no dodgy sounds coming from my tummy haha.

So today is back to normal, i had my porridge this morning and having lovely salmon this evening. I will drink lots of water and can't wait to do some exercise (can you believe i miss it these days!), and i really think i will still get a loss tomorrow, even if it's half a bloody pound! I certainly feel and look slimmer, i just want to be out of the overweight category of the BMI.

Oooh i will continue with my dark chocolate expedition today too, i didn't have it yesterday :eek:

I am off to read a few posts then will update properly later :D

Legomom i did let the chocolate melt in my mouth! :) And Lindsey the ice-cream was gorgeous!!

I had a quick 2 minutes on here yesterday but didn't have time to post anything, i am a bit short for time now but i want to account for yesterday before i post properly tonight.

So i went to Nando's yesterday as everyone well knows as i waffle on about it so much. I took dd1 as she did so well at sports day that she deserved it! During the day i had eaten quite a lot, all healthy stuff, but i was just ravenous! I got in late so didn't do any exercise either :sigh: It is safe to say that i over-ate yesterday but it wasn't a binge because i didn't feel that compulsion and i feel ok today, no dodgy sounds coming from my tummy haha.

So today is back to normal, i had my porridge this morning and having lovely salmon this evening. I will drink lots of water and can't wait to do some exercise (can you believe i miss it these days!), and i really think i will still get a loss tomorrow, even if it's half a bloody pound! I certainly feel and look slimmer, i just want to be out of the overweight category of the BMI.

Oooh i will continue with my dark chocolate expedition today too, i didn't have it yesterday :eek:

I am off to read a few posts then will update properly later :D

Ohhh yes, I forgot about the dark chocolate! :p Nothing wrong with nandos, I go there every week. They've got the nutritional info in their website if you didn't already know :)

Here we go for today :)

Breakfast - Porridge and raisens - 225
Banana - 100

Lunch - Ham salad sandwich and a Galaxy Ripple - 367
Strawbs and grapes - 75

Dinner - Cajun salmon with rice and broccoli, carrots and sweetcorn - 561
2 squares of chocolate - 40

Total = 1368

Exercise = 208

Net calories = 1160

When i went shopping on Sunday they didn't have any of the Birdseye steam fresh bags left so i bought Asda's own. I didn't check the calorie content, the Birdeye ones are only 50 cals so i thought these must be similar...they are 120 calories each!! It's not like you get a load more in them either!! :mad:

Tomorrow we are having quiche and i can't wait :D

As you may have noticed, i had TWO squares of Green & Blacks today :flirt2: I am getting used to it already, i've decided that i'm not having any milk chocolate whatsoever in July, i will even have the carrot cake instead of the chocolate cake if i go to Nando's :eek: Lets see if my tastebuds can adapt in that month ;)

I can't wait to take my measurements on the 1st July, it will have been a month since my last ones were taken. I bought some new work trousers at the end of May and they fit me perfect in a size 14, they now feel really really loose and i have to wear a belt :sigh: :D:D:D

That's it from me for today...i'm at work tomorrow so will update in the evening with weigh in results.

Over and out xxx

Food looks good hun. mmmmmmm Galaxy ripple, haven't had one in ages.

I absolutley do not understand how the calorie content of something can change so drastically, according to brand! I am as flumoxed as you are.

I think you're so brave. 2 whole squares of the evil that is very dark chocolate. Congratulations!!! :)
I think its great that you are cutting out all milk choc. Carrot cake is fab anyway, and 1 of your 5 a day!!! :rolleyes:

Not long till measurement day. My fingers are crossed, but by the sounds of it you will be A OK :D

Here we go for today :)

Banana - 100

Lunch - Ham salad sandwich and a Galaxy Ripple - 367
Strawbs and grapes - 75

Dinner - Cajun salmon with rice and broccoli, carrots and sweetcorn - 561
2 squares of chocolate - 40

Total = 1368

Exercise = 208

Net calories = 1160

When i went shopping on Sunday they didn't have any of the Birdseye steam fresh bags left so i bought Asda's own. I didn't check the calorie content, the Birdeye ones are only 50 cals so i thought these must be similar...they are 120 calories each!! It's not like you get a load more in them either!! :mad:

Tomorrow we are having quiche and i can't wait :D

As you may have noticed, i had TWO squares of Green & Blacks today :flirt2: I am getting used to it already, i've decided that i'm not having any milk chocolate whatsoever in July, i will even have the carrot cake instead of the chocolate cake if i go to Nando's :eek: Lets see if my tastebuds can adapt in that month ;)

I can't wait to take my measurements on the 1st July, it will have been a month since my last ones were taken. I bought some new work trousers at the end of May and they fit me perfect in a size 14, they now feel really really loose and i have to wear a belt :sigh: :D:D:D

That's it from me for today...i'm at work tomorrow so will update in the evening with weigh in results.

Over and out xxx

I'm going to nandos on Thursday, so I'll try the carrot cake and let you know how it tastes! Or I might be tempted by the chocolate cake, but I'll let you know how that tastes too :D hehe! And wooo for loose trousers! Let's just hope that belt can hold them up! :p

Thank you for the replies your all so lovey!!

I do read other people's but i really should reply more...there's just so many and so little time!

Food for today:

Breakfast - Banana - 100
Small apple - 75

Lunch - Mugshot - 265
Yoghurt - 99
2 squares of dark choc - 40

Dinner - Quiche - 427
Rustic chips - 202
Beans - 140
Salad and cherry toms - Didn't count!

Total = 1348

Exercise = 152

Net calories = 1196

Drinks = 4 litres squash/water

Slowly getting used to the dark chocolate! :D

Oooh i almost forgot weigh in! I lost 1.5lbs! So i am now officially in the healthy weight of the BMI :D:D:D I have 1lb to lose to reach my June target which i am sure i will do. I can't believe i will be 10st something next month :rolleyes:
Having a few issues with the ex over the girls, i'm not letting it get me down but he is such a pain in the arse! I wich i could be bothered to type the whole situation up and ask for advice but i really don't have the energy tonight.

I am still smiling anyhow :D

xxx

Hey you.

Don't worry about the lack of replies, we have all been saying how many active diaries there are at the moment!! It's fantastic though, cos there is always someone out there to offer help and support.

Well done on the weight loss and especially for getting into the healthy BMI :talk017:

Your food for today sounds lovely. I absolutley love quiche, but always assumed it would be too high in calories. What kind of quiche did you have?

Sorry things are difficult with your ex. Try not to let it get to you, and maybe when your feeling up to it, tell us about it. I find writing things down is great "therapy" and then you get all our suggestions on top!! :D

chocolate_bananas said:
Oooh i almost forgot weigh in! I lost 1.5lbs! So i am now officially in the healthy weight of the BMI :D:D:D I have 1lb to lose to reach my June target which i am sure i will do. I can't believe i will be 10st something next month :rolleyes:
Having a few issues with the ex over the girls, i'm not letting it get me down but he is such a pain in the arse! I wich i could be bothered to type the whole situation up and ask for advice but i really don't have the energy tonight.

xxx

I really do think smiling is good for the soul! Well done on your weight loss that's terrific. Keep it up and don't let the ex get you down {hug}

Lol I really have to buy some more dark choc. Big J has stolen it to try an trick the teachers into eating a big lump lol well done on your losses!! Your doing really well!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you for the replies your all so lovey!!

I do read other people's but i really should reply more...there's just so many and so little time!

Food for today:

Breakfast - Banana - 100
Small apple - 75

Lunch - Mugshot - 265
Yoghurt - 99
2 squares of dark choc - 40

Dinner - Quiche - 427
Rustic chips - 202
Beans - 140
Salad and cherry toms - Didn't count!

Total = 1348

Exercise = 152

Net calories = 1196

Drinks = 4 litres squash/water

Slowly getting used to the dark chocolate! :D

xxx

Hahaha I love how you're like me and don't count those salads! Whats 5 calories, eh? Do you count your squash?

Aw mate, that's pants about the ex. You can write it up when you're ready and we'll all give you advice/virtual hugs xxxx

Thank you all so much, i feel a lot better today :D

Squeezyweezy it was just a cheese and tomato quiche, they are only £1 from Asda, i really enjoy them though! :)

Happyhealthy, i don't count my squash either :p

Today has gone like this:

Lunch - Ham salad sandwich - 195
Yoghurt - 99
Galaxy Ripple - 175
2 squares of G & B - 40

Dinner - Jacket potato with salad, beans and a little bit of cheese and ANOTHER Galaxy Ripple - 663

Total = 1394

Exercise = 198

Net calories = 1196

Drinks = 4 litres of water/squash

So a very chocolatey day with no fruit :eek: How did that happen haha :eek:

I stopped after 40 minutes of exercise too instead of doing the full hour, the baby was shouting her head off at something, it turned out that she had been a bit sick :jelous: I feel guilty now for leaving her sat in her cot with the puke and for not finishing the dvd! But i did go full pelt and i managed to do enough to get my net cals down to 1200, so i guess it's ok really. The baby is snoozing away now too, all nice and clean :D

Long day at work tomorrow, i reeeeeeally want a Gregg's lunch, the tuna crunch baguette with the chocolate cake afterwards, it's well over 900 calories though, mentally mulling over whether it's worth it! We are having smoked mackarel and mushroom melt for tea too and it's quite calorific, i would be pushing 2000 calories if i have that lunch...Hmmmm! I could do the 500 calorie workout! But is it really 500 calories that i burn?!? Hmmmm...

Off to have a bath anyway then i will be catching up with diaries xxx

Thank you all so much, i feel a lot better today :D

Squeezyweezy it was just a cheese and tomato quiche, they are only £1 from Asda, i really enjoy them though! :)

Happyhealthy, i don't count my squash either :p

Today has gone like this:

Lunch - Ham salad sandwich - 195
Yoghurt - 99
Galaxy Ripple - 175
2 squares of G & B - 40

Dinner - Jacket potato with salad, beans and a little bit of cheese and ANOTHER Galaxy Ripple - 663

Total = 1394

Exercise = 198

Net calories = 1196

Drinks = 4 litres of water/squash

So a very chocolatey day with no fruit :eek: How did that happen haha :eek:

I stopped after 40 minutes of exercise too instead of doing the full hour, the baby was shouting her head off at something, it turned out that she had been a bit sick :jelous: I feel guilty now for leaving her sat in her cot with the puke and for not finishing the dvd! But i did go full pelt and i managed to do enough to get my net cals down to 1200, so i guess it's ok really. The baby is snoozing away now too, all nice and clean :D

Long day at work tomorrow, i reeeeeeally want a Gregg's lunch, the tuna crunch baguette with the chocolate cake afterwards, it's well over 900 calories though, mentally mulling over whether it's worth it! We are having smoked mackarel and mushroom melt for tea too and it's quite calorific, i would be pushing 2000 calories if i have that lunch...Hmmmm! I could do the 500 calorie workout! But is it really 500 calories that i burn?!? Hmmmm...

Off to have a bath anyway then i will be catching up with diaries xxx

I love Galaxy ripples. Im gonna have one tomorrow me thinks!! :D
Well done for getting the exercise in, even if it was with interuptions. Hope baba's OK.
xx

You're doing magic babe. I don't count my squash either and it hasn't hurt me. The way I see it is that the benefits of the water outweigh the 10 or so calories it contains. Plus I probably burn those 10 calories getting the huge bottle of diluting juice out the cupboard, pouring it, going to the sink, lifting the bottle to drink etc etc

Glad you had a lovely day xx

Sooo tired tonight!

Breakfast - None! :eek:

Lunch - Gregg's tuna crunch baguette - 530
Gregg's carrot cake - 361

Dinner - A disgusting concoction of mackarel, pasta, mushrooms, peppers and a mushroom sauce - it was quite calorific and i ate half so i'm guessing - 400
TWO Galaxy Ripples - 350
2 squares of G & B's - 40

Total = 1681

Exercise = 0

Net calories = 1681

Drinks = 3.5 litres of water/squash

Another unhealthy day today, not too bad on calories, could have been much worse, and i should do some exercise but i need a rest day, i'm pooped, i just couldn't put enough effort into it to make it worth it.

No fruit again, far too much chocolate, and tea was AWFUL!! I made it last week with tuna and it was gorgeous, tried it with mackarel this week and it was disgusting, although the baby wolfed it down...typical!

I'm going to make it a really good weekend, careful with food and i will definately exercise both days, not going for long workouts though. Then i have a meal out Monday night, but Tuesday should be good food-wise, both of those days i'm going to do some more intense exercise. I would LOVE to be under 11st on Wednesday!

Things are still iffy with the ex. It is ok for him to be with someone else but he hears that i may have someone on the horizon and hits the roof, seriously psycho mode!! I think i attract psycho's into my life, and bullies. I would like to know who this new man is myself mind you ;) :rolleyes: Gossip eh!

Dd1 is off out with him tomorrow and his girlfriend will be there, they have been together a long time now so it's about time she met the kids, but it's actually making my stomach turn at the thought of it...i need to get over it i guess. Awww :cry: I never planned for things to work out this way when we had children. And shallow and selfish as it sounds i don't want my daughter's growing close to another woman :(

Going to have to keep myself busy tomorrow :)

That's it from me anyway xxx

Sooo tired tonight!

Breakfast - None! :eek:

Lunch - Gregg's tuna crunch baguette - 530
Gregg's carrot cake - 361

Dinner - A disgusting concoction of mackarel, pasta, mushrooms, peppers and a mushroom sauce - it was quite calorific and i ate half so i'm guessing - 400
TWO Galaxy Ripples - 350
2 squares of G & B's - 40

Total = 1681

Exercise = 0

Net calories = 1681

Drinks = 3.5 litres of water/squash

Another unhealthy day today, not too bad on calories, could have been much worse, and i should do some exercise but i need a rest day, i'm pooped, i just couldn't put enough effort into it to make it worth it.

No fruit again, far too much chocolate, and tea was AWFUL!! I made it last week with tuna and it was gorgeous, tried it with mackarel this week and it was disgusting, although the baby wolfed it down...typical!

I'm going to make it a really good weekend, careful with food and i will definately exercise both days, not going for long workouts though. Then i have a meal out Monday night, but Tuesday should be good food-wise, both of those days i'm going to do some more intense exercise. I would LOVE to be under 11st on Wednesday!

Things are still iffy with the ex. It is ok for him to be with someone else but he hears that i may have someone on the horizon and hits the roof, seriously psycho mode!! I think i attract psycho's into my life, and bullies. I would like to know who this new man is myself mind you ;) :rolleyes: Gossip eh!

Dd1 is off out with him tomorrow and his girlfriend will be there, they have been together a long time now so it's about time she met the kids, but it's actually making my stomach turn at the thought of it...i need to get over it i guess. Awww :cry: I never planned for things to work out this way when we had children. And shallow and selfish as it sounds i don't want my daughter's growing close to another woman :(

Going to have to keep myself busy tomorrow :)

That's it from me anyway xxx

Oh so jealous of your lunch and your ripples!

I think it's only natural to feel that way about your DD going out with the ex and his GF... I've been on the other side of this situation as the GF and I really clicked with my BF at the time's daughter but her mother just could not handle it and well sadly the mother kept putting alot of pressure on my BF's daughter and it was all really messy to the extent that the daughter felt wretched and wanted to come live with her dad ... I was younger and didn't handle it the best way myself ... so I'll hold my hand up and say I escalated the situation but luckily for all parties the daughter was probably the most mature of us all and opened up to her mum as much as possible .... kids are usually smarter than us LOL and I am sure that your DD will be super great with her Dad's GF but YOU will always be her mum and she'll never lose sight of that ! LOL LOL sorry that was a ramble but I got to the point in the end ;)

Back