Diary of a desperate girl...

Welcome cheese thief! Thanks for subscribing - how has your Christmas been?

Just gone on the scales and I'm looking at about a 5lb (maybe more!) gain at the moment! YIKES! Granted I've just had a big dinner, quite a lot of liquid and was fully clothed but it's still a gain ... I'm okay though cos I am now rearing to go and looking to lose a stone by the end of Jan. This is my new goal! I got a fab slimming world recipe book for Christmas so I'm going to start bookmarking all the ones I want to try, and I'm going to get in plenty of slimming world friendly food for the week ahead. Going to make soups and fishcakes and salads and all sorts! Proper up for it :)

I hope everyone's Christmas was fantastic!

Didn't go to SW this week, I probably should have really so that this week was a fresh start but hey no - let's have my fresh start after NYE! :)

I'm still being relatively good but I'm not feeling too guilty if I have the odd chocolate. Luckily we only got one box of chocolates (Lindt ... Mmmm) between us so there's not too much temptation. I've hidden the alcohol that we got in the spare bedroom (out of sight, out of mind?) and I'm currently cooking up a big old batch of soup for this week's lunches.

I also did my first ever Zumba class today. Really enjoyed it! And I'm trying body combat tomorrow, a little bit scared about that one! But for Christmas I got given this jazzy heart monitor, calorie burning counter type thing which I used at Zumba and for about 10/15 minutes either side - and in that time I burnt 644 calories! Yeeeeeeesh! Just shows how overweight I am, haha. Still, my resting heart rate has improved ten fold since I started exercising and that means so much to me. Can't wait to improve it even more! When exercising though it got up to 180 ... I'm a bit worried about that!

Ahhh, I know it's silly but I'm so excited for 2014. Really think it's going to be a great year for me.

I am so jealous of your Zumba! I really, really miss mine and I don't know how/if I will fit in one somewhere else :(

I am joining you on the New Year restart, I've allowed myself to wallow in a chocolate coated pit of despair for a while now and I feel so heavy and bloated. Already started making a list of bits in the freezer and going to get some bits tomorrow to get back on plan(ish) and see what I can lose in the month before we go away.

Hope you have a lovely new year x

Oh Jody - I'm sure you'll find one somewhere. I swear they're just everywhere at the moment!

Body combat was fab but oh my goddddd was my back sore yesterday ... And still today actually! Killer! Feels great though.

I had a lovely new year but I still haven't been good on the food front this week. Ready to get on it tomorrow though and then at 7.30 it's weigh in, which I'm not looking forward to, although it will feel good to wipe the slate clean after the last couple of weeks!

I woke up yesterday full of cold which came from NOWHERE ... Usually I can feel a cold coming on but not this time ... Bah. I could really do without it if I'm honest cos it makes me want to eat comfort food and that is not what I need! Hoping to fight it off by the weekend.

I want to have an amazing week this week but I'm supposed to be going out for a new year lunch with workmates on Friday and then I'm spending the day in London on Saturday with a champagne afternoon tea booked. Really looking forward to London, it's just a shame that I'll be feeling guilty when there. Never mind - it won't completely destroy my week! And I might see if I can persuade my work friends to go for lunch in a couple of weeks. We'll see!

Happy New Year everyone ... Let's make this the year we all hit target! Woohooooooo.

2lb on! I'm shocked ... Thought it was going to be far more. Rearing to go now ...

Glad the gain was much lower than you thought! I hate colds that come out of nowhere, my one before xmas literally developed in about an hour the Saturday before xmas.

Are you still swimming?

I am still swimming yeah, although I haven't been since Christmas week! Planning on going tomorrow after Zumba though. I'm looking forward to it!

I just got back from my day in London ... Was a lot of fun but I got pretty soaked. I had far too much prosecco though (they kept filling our glasses for no charge, what's a girl to do?) and the cakes/scones were pretty amazing. I left quite a bit though cos I was just too full. Decided to walk back to Victoria from Westminster (in the rain), only about 20 mins and then 15 mins to get home so I had a little exercise, if not very much. Feel shattered now mind you!

Hope Zumba and swim went well! Mmmm, free Prosecco sounds good, and I've been craving cake for days!

Hope you don't catch cold after your soaking yesterday, I just cannot believe there is much more water left up there to come down :eek:

I didn't go in the end! My friend that I go with couldn't go and I didn't fancy it as much on my own, but I've had quite an active day walking to and from town and doing loads of housework and *sob* de-Christmas-ing the flat. Tough times! My legs feel a bit tender though (weirdly) ... I wonder if I've overdone it on the walking front this weekend. If they're still sore tomorrow I might give body combat a miss and do swimming instead - a lot less high impact on my little leggies!

Was looking forward to seeing American Hustle at the cinema tonight but we arrived earlier and it had sold out - gutted! Night in with a film or a book then ... Still sounds pretty good if I'm honest :)

Sounds like you are very upbeat at the moment - well done you for all the exercise. I agree the prosecco was a job you had to deal with - no-one could blame you.

I love how far down I had to scroll to find my thread! Never seen here so busy before :)

I am so full right now! Just had a SW fry up and it was gooooood. I did Zumba at home when I got in on the fella's xbox ... It was pretty good actually! Although the endless laughing didn't help as Mike kept pointing out how wrong I was doing it, haha.

Had a good day today though, good food choices and plenty of water. Really want a good loss!

Sounds like you are very upbeat at the moment - well done you for all the exercise. I agree the prosecco was a job you had to deal with - no-one could blame you.

Hi lass!

yes I feel good :) up for a really good 2014. How are you getting on? How was Christmas, NYE etc? Haha yeah, it was tough but I managed to give myself a pep talk and accept the copious amounts of prosecco... ;-)

So I had a cheeky look at the scales when I got in from work and it's not saying that I've lost anything really :( gonna be distraught if I haven't!

Wow, good on you for all the exercise lately! Is doing Zumba at home easy? I have all the coordination of a baby giraffe, is it better to do a class where they can show you the moves or would you recommend it at home? I'm glad you've made your peace with the prosecco - it's healthier to enjoy a treat on a social occasion than it is to beat yourself up about it :) Fingers crossed for a good weigh in!

I hope so lass! This time in 24 hours, I'll know! Haha I'm so dramatic.

Yeah I found Zumba at home easy snowflakes but I prefer the class - I do more I find and it's less easy to convince myself that I'm really tired. I think getting the moves in class is easier than the xbox game but, if I'm honest, a lot of the time I do something that's vaguely similar ... Learning moves is not my forte, especially when they change frequently! It really makes me laugh though, but nobody cares if I'm doing my own thing, so long as I'm not standing there like a baboon! I think a baby giraffes will be fine ;-)

Went to a friend's house today (to watch Grey's!) and she cooked this pastry thing with Lloyd grosman sauce, loads of roasted veggies on top and cheese - not very SW friendly but it was gooooooood! Hope it hasn't upset things for tomorrow ...

Hope WI went well!

I think I have found a new Zumba class too! Once we have moved I think I will start it up again....... :D

Lost 2.5lb ... More would have been nice but pretty pleased all the same cos it means all my Christmas/new year weight, plus a little extra was removed in just one week :)

Would like a big one this week so that I can hit my SW stone and a half, club 10 and 2 stone overall milestones. Probably won't bother reducing my weight on there though as it's only half a pound, will hope I can just do a big reduction next week :)

I'm basically at your starting weight now Jody! Haha ... :rolleyes:

Thank you lovely :)

Back