Total Solution Diary of a dieting doc!

Thats a great loss, well done !!
If daily weighing keeps you on track then do it...
Or do it every other day, if you are trying not to ;)

Ohhhh who am I kidding I am such a daily weigher!

Whatever works though right?

178.6lbs this morning, another 0.6 down!!

Have this cool app on my phone called TargetWeight, I've been logging my weights on it since I started LL 2 years ago so I can compare my current wait to 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 3 months 6 months, 1 year and all by means of a graph, and it tells u how long it thinks it will take you to get to target based on your weight loss over the previous selected amount of time!

Very clever. But I know things will slow down massively in Feb when I switch from Exante to Slimming World... :( Just can't abstain from normality for much longer than a month!!

Everyone's doing really well, keep going guys!!

L x

Your doing really good, I am a daily weigher too....I need to try and stop myself...sometimes I am a several times a day weigher! lol xx

Well today's been ok, pottered round the flat and slept alot cos I've had a terrible cold. Feeling better for the rest though, back to work tomorrow!

Today I have had a vanilla shake for breakfast, a Choc orange bar for lunch and going to have a mushroom soup with lots of garlic salt in for dinner.

Finding the fluid intake hard, never been much of a drinker anyway but the consequences if dehydration are not great, splitting headache and horrendous constipation! Sorry if TMI...

Great to see so much activity on the forums, hopefully if we all keep supporting each other we won't get much in the way of attrition when January ends and New Years Resolutions start to wane...

Keep going everyone!!

L x

This is why you shouldn't weigh everyday, back up to 179! It's a blip, I know, it's probably because I haven't drunk enough water!

Won't let it ruin my resolve! 9 days done, 22 to go!

L x

Yup that's why I hate weighing daily! It's fine in the first week but after that I don't like it, however - whatever works for each person! Have a good day xx

Wowsers, have had the craziest of days ended up leaving work 2 hours late!!! Exhausted so quick shake and into bed.

Pro: didn't really feel hungry or tempted to eat anything
Con: v poor fluid intake again :(

Fingers crossed tomorrow shines on me!!

L x

See I knew it was a blip!! 177.6lbs this morning, which is just under 12st 10 I think.

Struggling to keep my water intake up at work. Difficult lugging a bottle of water around when you're on the move around an enormous hospital all day!!!

Hope everybody's well!!

X

Keep going, your doing fab xx

Thanks everybody!! Had a crazy 2 hours with an absolutely unquenchable thirst where I basically downed 2L of water and 1L of coke zero!! And I'm STILL thirsty!!

Now having a hot vanilla shake watching a TiVO'd episode of Supersize vs Superskinny!

Then a nice warm bath and early night methinks...,

Keep it going people!!

L x

Morning!!

176.6 this morning, another lb off! That's 11.4lbs in 11 days!! Very happy.

Off now for a paddle on the water with the rowing club.... Brrr looks cold!!!

Have a good day everyone

L x

Great start to your diary and your diet well done. Im home reading through minimins as I have ripped my rotator cuff after a fall and can't do a lot other than sit. Will keep an eye on your diary. Good luck for Another good week loss xx

Hello all!!

Having an alright day, bit hungry cold and bored but managed to stay on plan!!

Gonna have my soup now and try and drink another couple of litres of water before bed...

L x

Hello there!!

Right well if daily weighing has taught me one thing it's the difference that drinking plenty of water makes...

If I drink 3+ litres a day I will have a good maybe 1lb drop overnight. If I don't then I won't lose any, may even have a small gain!!

Didn't drink much yesterday at all and weighed in at 176.8lb, a 0.2lb gain overnight. Yes I know it's not much or even statistically significant but psychologically it is.

So I'm now shivering under 2 blankets with a bottle of water... Slowly but surely!! So irritating having to get up to pee every 30 mins tho!!

Hope everybody's having a good Sunday!!

L x

Thats quite amazing eh ?
It just goes to show who ever said "the more you drink the more you shrink" has a great reason for it eh ?
:)

That's an interesting thought about the water- I'm drinking about 2+ litres of water so deffo going to up it! Just means going to the loo more often!
I wonder why water does make you shrink more?!

Your story is very similar to mine- the weight creeps on and before you know it your a couple of stone heavier!

Apparently water needs to flush out all the sodium and extra ketones because once they reach the liver they are turned into more fat or converted into energy - what we want. If we have too many ketones it all get a bit muddled and they can be pushed into the urine so its best to flush them out and keep a steady flow xx

Ah your so knowledgeable bout all this stuff! I've made sure I have had 3+ litres of water after seeing your comment Laura. :) I was thinking about my weight loss and y'day I did lots of exercise so drank so much water. Then I weighed this morning and I'd lost a pound! So perhaps I didn't have enough water last week and that's why weight loss was slower?

Aaaarrrggghh 177.0 this morning!! Why does it keep going up?!? Drank loads and managed to go to the loo yesterday..,

"Official" 2 week WI is tomorrow, there'd better be a big drop then or I'll cry!!

L x

Back