Total Solution Diary of a dieting doc!

Nooooo absolute total disaster!!! The leaking through my bathroom ceiling has totally waterlogged and stopped my bathroom scales from working!!! So can't WI this morning... :(

Landlord on the case about leaks, total nightmare.

Will have to stop off on way home to get new set of scales. Really annoyed, these were expensive and calculated body fat, water and lean body mass as well as total weight.

January is turning out to be a complete nightmare. Won't let it beat me!!

L x

PS of course I will keep in touch when I switch to SW... This forum has really kept me going cant believe its day 21 already!!

Well wasn't able to get any bathroom scales at the big Tesco near me... :(

So have ordered some click n collect stylee but they won't be ready for pick up til Thursday... So can't WI til Friday, which will be 5 days interval, eek!!! Mentally pretty confident I can handle it without the daily weigh in motivation though!!

It'll be good practice for when I move on to SW.... Then I will be weighing in weekly as there will be ups and downs midweek.

Keep it going everybody!!

L x

Thats proper hardcore not a chance of weighing, not weighing eh ?
You're are right though Laura, it is good practice for SW. You dont want to weigh every day on that, as it could fluctuatate so much from day to day :)

Hi Laura, Just broke my scales trying to replace the battery. Do you recommend your all singing all dancing scales that were ruined? If so - what brand/model were they?

Hope your getting on well Laura, it might be good to have a gap from weighing. A nice suprise when you get on the scales :D xx

Thanks for all the support guys!! Still going here...

Can't believe I've done 22 days 100% TS!!

Coping alright without the scales. I do get disappointed when I wake up and remember I can't WI!!

Am looking forward to Friday WI, hoping for a decent drop. Under 170 would be amazing but that is a big ask. Last WI was Sunday morning at 173.6...

How is everyone doing?

L x

You are doing FAB Laura!! Good luck for a nice loss Friday xx

You are doing fab though Laura,well done :D

Thank you so so much for all the encouragement guys... Only 1 more non-WI morning to go tomorrow!!

As I can't weigh I decided to measure. I think when I started I didn't measure myself properly, refusing to believe I was as big as I was. I have definitely lost inches as clothes that barely did up at the start of the month are now comfortable if not loose.

Still even based on possibly spurious measurements I've lost 2 inches off my chest, 2 off my waist and 2.5 off my hips! Yay!!

Thank you Exante!!!

L x

Thanks great!!! I havent done my inches because I think they will make me cry.... :/ But definatly good motivation when you cannot weigh yourself xx

Morning!!

Thought I'd share something that made me chuckle. Yesterday friends and I were talking about how when you have a dream that your OH has been mean or cheated you wake up really mad at them... (Not that I have an OH lol)

Well last night I dreamt that I caved an ate real food, and woke up reeeeally mad at myself!!! Soon realised I was being totally daft.

What a muppet.

Have a good day everyone!! I'm sooo tired after 2 solid weeks at work, thankfully day off tomorrow!

L x

Hi
Like the dream! Have you noticed how many times food features on TV? If it is not a cookery program it is an advert for some sort of food. No wonder you are dreaming about it. :D
Mere x

Hi Mere!!

I especially like the fact that the adverts during biggest loser, supersize vs Superskinny etc are all for food!!

Am very excited... Look what arrived today:

image-3497340404.jpg

Shiny!! Excuse my lump of a shadow lol!!
Taking all my willpower not to jump on now but end of day and full of water don't want to get upset!

Watch this space for WI tomorrow!!

L x

Oh these are the same As mine :) I got mine in asda sale for £5 ... Love salter scales I just wish I could find out how to put the adjustable feet on the bottom?? Xx

Hi Muffy, oooh same scales spooky!

Adjustable feet eh? Is that for using on carpet? Will have a look tomorrow see if I can offer words of wisdom...unlikely ! To be honest I'll only be using them in the bathroom though...

Going to bed now, soooo tired! Will update all in the morning... Fingers toes etc all crossed!!

L x

Yes fir use on carpet/uneven floor. I'm thinking I'd prefer to use my bedroom to weigh as I normally have a que at the bathroom while I'm naked :/ but even the bathroom floor is a bit on the wonk! :) x

Morning all!!

I have to confess to being more than a little gutted / angry / totally f***ed off right now.

Last WI on Sunday 20th on old scales was 173.2lbs

Today on new scales after 5 days of 100% I WI at 172.8lbs...

Only 0.4lbs in 5 days?!? WTF?!? I haven't drunk anywhere near as much as I should being so busy at work and I know they're new scales but was still really hoping to be less than 171 if not 170!!

So I've had my chocolate shake and taken myself back to bed in a huff.

Only doing this for another week and really wanted to lose 1 1/2 stone. So I still need to lose 5lbs! Only thing I can think of is I has three cans of Zero yesterday as needed the caffeine... Think I will limit myself to 2 per day from now on see if that helps...

Hope everyone's having more luck than me right now!!

L x

I weigh different on different scales, even if they are the same type. I think its all to do with the calibration.
You may have lost a couple of pounds more, but won't know as your other scales broke. Maybe next week it will give you a better result. :)

Laura, I got some new salter scales and they showed I'd put on a pound in 24hrs, I think Marge is right about calibration. Also you've lost loads really quickly, a few people have a sts week but lose inches? Good luck with your last week.

Thanks guys, I'm trying really hard to put it all down to the change in scales but it is hard.

First day off work in 2 weeks today. Really tired so spent alot of it in bed. Boredom / tiredness is one of my biggest triggers to eat and I've been really struggling to hold on. On working days I have a routine and it works well, on days off my mind / hands are less occupied and I just want to eat!!

I will not break though, only 6 days to go after today. It can be done!!

Thanks for all the support guys, keep going!!

L x

Back