Diary of a Fat Mam

I've read a few times of people having adverse reactions to aspartame! I try and avoid masses of artificial sweetener but it doesn't make me ill fortunately.
From your food diary, you generally have plenty of syns to spare so perhaps you could use honey instead? X

That's actually not a bad idea at all, I haven't had honey in ages either, might start adding it to fruit. I'm going to look at other yogurts when I go shopping too, I like a yogurt with fruit but not if it's going to give me a headache! I wouldn't mind but the fridge is full of the flipping things! x

That's actually not a bad idea at all, I haven't had honey in ages either, might start adding it to fruit. I'm going to look at other yogurts when I go shopping too, I like a yogurt with fruit but not if it's going to give me a headache! I wouldn't mind but the fridge is full of the flipping things! x

Oh dear :-( not worth being poorly for though! Natural fat free yoghurt is free- you could sweeten with a little honey and add fruit of your choice to make your own fruit yoghurt! Or buy synned yoghurts- I think onken is synned because it has sugar not sweetener? Double check though!
A little honey on fruit is lovely. Really brings the juices out and if you suffer from hayfever, local honey is supposed to help! X

I think there's a guy in our village who keeps bees, I'll get my husband to find out if he has honey! x

Thursday Food Diary

Breakfast
35g Jordan's No added sugar muesli (HEb) Milk from allowance (HEa) gooseberries, cherries, raspberries.

Mid-Morning
2 Ryvita Dark Rye (3 Syns) 50g Avocado (4.5 Syns)

Lunch
Banana, Apple, Persimmon

Dinner
Homemade Sausages (from the 100 Extra Easy Days book) - (0.5 Syns), Green Beans, Peas, Carrots, Mashed Potato with milk from allowance & butter (3 Syns for butter).
Cup of coffee with milk from allowance and <20g spray cream (3 Syns).

Water
2 litres

SYNS

I learned from today that Muesli is not going to cut it as a breakfast, it didn't fill me and I was so hungry by 12pm, hence the ryvita & avocado. 7.5 Syns that wouldn't have been used if I had an egg or something instead. Lesson learned!!

Last edited:
Hello,
Just wanted to drop in. Youre doing so well and being so good! Im really impressed and you should be too!
You've really made me think about all the excuses I make for when I mess up and really theyre just rubbish - if you can do so well with 3 little ones Ive got no excuse just because I work (it sounds so pitiful!) but I find myself being like o I cant be bothered to cook something for lunch tomorrow ill get something from the canteen ive been at work all day - RUBBISH!

I think the greek yogs from aldi or lidle are free and meant to be a lot nicer than mullerlights and don't have the chemical in but youll have to have a look.

A lot of people make quiches in muffin tins to have something to snack on, maybe that would be good for you as you can just get one out of the fridge? Also when I started everyone used to have the chickpea dahl curry loaf so that again may be something to snack on?

Keep up the good work and ill keep popping in - I need a kick up the bum and to get back on track! x

Hi Emma! Thanks for stopping by :) I've been in that 'I'll just grab something quick' mode for SO long now and it's doing me no favours so this whole thing is as much about changing the way I think as anything else. Also with the kids - I would feel so, so bad if I gave them what I used to eat so there's no reason why I should be eating badly! Thanks so much for the yogurt tip, I'll check Aldi tomorrow and see if I can find something nice. The curry loaf sounds amazing! Best of luck on your journey xx

Its bachelors rice and a tin of asdas free chicpea dahl and an egg then you put it in a loaf tin and bake it.

Thats the thing isnt it, I wouldnt give kids what I was eating all the time so why am I eating it. Thats a very good way to look at it! Ill try remember that x

Friday - My Danger Day!!

Friday has always been my danger day on any plan because it's such a busy day for me and I end up buying loads of food but wondering what to eat when I come home from town. I planned ahead for today and it's going really well, phew!!

Breakfast
2 Slices Hovis Nimble (HEb), 2 grilled bacon medallions, iceberg lettuce, 1 tblsp lighter than light mayonnaise (0.5 Syns).

Lunch
Leftover sausage mix shaped into patties & airfryed (0.5 Syns). SW chips, roast cherry tomatoes. Bunch of grapes.

Afternoon
HB Brunch Ice-Cream (8.5 Syns)

Dinner
Potatoes sliced & cooked with splash of milk (1 Syn) and 30g grated cheddar (HEa). Chicken breast done with Maggi Papyrus Garlic (1.5 Syns). Garden peas & green beans.

Water
2.5 litres

SYNS

Last edited:
SATURDAY

Breakfast
Mixed Grill: Bacon medallions, mushrooms, tomato, leftover cooked potato sliced, egg (dry fried). Wholemeal round pitta from Aldi (6.5 Syns). Cup of tea with dash of milk (0.5 Syns)

Lunch
Tomatoes, Iceberg Lettuce, Spring Onions, Cucumber, Gherkins, Prawns, homemade Marie Rose Sauce (1.5 Syns), 2 slices Hovis Nimble (HEb), glass of milk (HEa)

Dinner
Super Speed Soup, handful of pasta.

Snacks
2 Pears, few grapes, Kale Crisps made in Airfryer.

Water
2 litres

SYNS

Last edited:
SATURDAY Breakfast Mixed Grill: Bacon medallions, mushrooms, tomato, leftover cooked potato sliced, egg (dry fried). Wholemeal round pitta from Aldi (6.5 Syns). Cup of tea with dash of milk (0.5 Syns) Lunch Tomatoes, Iceberg Lettuce, Spring Onions, Cucumber, Gherkins, Prawns, homemade Marie Rose Sauce (1.5 Syns), 2 slices Hovis Nimble (HEb), glass of milk (HEa) Dinner Super Speed Soup, handful of pasta. Snacks 2 Pears, few grapes, Kale Crisps made in Airfryer. Water 2 litres SYNS 8.5

You do so well on the weekends Hun....it's definitely my danger zone!!! x

You do so well on the weekends Hun....it's definitely my danger zone!!! x

I've always found that if my Friday is good, the rest of the weekend will be okay! I really, really want to do this so badly so I'm so determined this time not to screw it up. I almost had a bag of crisps yesterday and my husband came home with a flippin bag of chips from the chinese so I just left the kitchen - I know well I wasn't hungry so there was no reason to pick. I was like an antichrist the whole evening afterwards but I'm so glad I didn't eat just for the sake of it! It's a total change in mindset, I know I'll slip at some point but at the minute I don't want to if I can help it at all x

Sunday

Breakfast
Half a melon cubed with shredded mint leaves. Scrambled eggs with a dash of milk (0.5 Syns) and 2 Hovis Nimble (HEb) toasted with 30g melted cheddar (HEa). Bunch of green grapes. Cup of tea with dash of milk (0.5 Syns)

Dinner
Minute Steak with mushrooms and onions. Patties made with leftover potato and cabbage. Broccoli.

Snack
Thai rings (12 Syns) - did not plan to eat these and almost wasn't going to log it but I'd only be trying to fool myself! Enjoyed them.

Water
2 litres

SYNS

Last edited:
Did a stupid, STUPID thing last night. Stupid. And I know exactly why I did it, because I had my whole day planned out and I didn't stick to it. I didn't have the soup with pasta because I didn't want it after that stupid bag of Thai Rings that someone gave me, I should have said no and stuck to my plan of having the soup for tea with my popcorn as a snack. Instead, I had the popcorn last night, plus a packet of crisps and 2 little bars from Aldi. Stupid!! Why didn't I just heat up some soup? I wasn't going to post this at all but I completely deserve it now if I'm not down anything tomorrow. I'm estimating I had about 22 Syns on top of the 13.5 I had yesterday. STUPID!!!! Anyway. Can't do anything about it now, except not let it ruin today!! NEED TO LEARN TO SAY NO TO MYSELF.

Monday

Breakfast
1/2 a Melon, cubed. A few Grapes. 2 boiled Eggs. 2 Hovis Nimble (HEb). 10g Dairygold Light (2 Syns).

Dinner
Grilled Coley, swede, potatoes. 10g butter (2 Syns).

Evening
Iceberg lettuce, 1/2 pack Aldi sweet pulled pork (0.5 Syns) 3 x Ryvita Dark Rye (4.5 Syns) 30g Cheddar (HEa), pickled onions, spring onion, cherry tomatoes, cucumber.

Water
2 litres.

Snack
Bunch of green grapes.

SYNS

Last edited:
Did a stupid, STUPID thing last night. Stupid. And I know exactly why I did it, because I had my whole day planned out and I didn't stick to it. I didn't have the soup with pasta because I didn't want it after that stupid bag of Thai Rings that someone gave me, I should have said no and stuck to my plan of having the soup for tea with my popcorn as a snack. Instead, I had the popcorn last night, plus a packet of crisps and 2 little bars from Aldi. Stupid!! Why didn't I just heat up some soup? I wasn't going to post this at all but I completely deserve it now if I'm not down anything tomorrow. I'm estimating I had about 22 Syns on top of the 13.5 I had yesterday. STUPID!!!! Anyway. Can't do anything about it now, except not let it ruin today!! NEED TO LEARN TO SAY NO TO MYSELF.

Hun, you really shouldn't beat yourself up, it happens to us all, trust me I know, this weekend was not great for me!! But you've 'declared' it, you can't take it back, so as you say just move ok with a 100% day today!!

Line drawn, new day :) happy Monday!!

Hun, you really shouldn't beat yourself up, it happens to us all, trust me I know, this weekend was not great for me!! But you've 'declared' it, you can't take it back, so as you say just move ok with a 100% day today!!

Line drawn, new day :) happy Monday!!

Thanks xx I was so annoyed that I let it happen that quickly, but it's done now. Today has been good xx

WI today - down 2.5!! Thank GOD. First half a stone is gone :) Full steam ahead!!!!

Thank you! Was so worried after the other night. Will not make that mistake again!

Back