Diary of a Fat Mam

Sunday

Breakfast
Boiled eggs, 2 x Hovis Nimble (HEb) 10g Dairygold Light (2 Syns). Cup of tea with dash of milk (0.5 Syns). Orange Segments.

Dinner
Roast Chicken (skin removed), baked potatoes with 30g cheese melted (HEa) and spring onions. Peas, Swede & Carrot mash, broccoli, (very watery) Gravy made with 1tsp Bisto (1Syn)

Dessert
Mixed berries with a Mullerlight Coconut and 10g Nestle spray cream (1.5 Syns)

Evening
Leftover chicken with rocket, 1 tblsp ex light Mayo (1 Syn), cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and 2 Ryvita dark rye (3 Syns) plus <50g Avocado (4.5 Syns)

SYNS

Water
2 litres

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy are Avocados so high!! 9.5 Syns for 100g! They're so delicious :(

Last edited:
Im new too and think you are amazing...i dont have kids but other than at your story is similar to mine..food is my comfort in times of stress and pain and ive had too many of them...im on SW too and still finding my way sometimes buying and eating the wrong things but im in it for the long haul...keep going you are doing great

Thanks so much, I think it's going to be a long journey but I'm not going to rush it this time, best of luck to you xx

Monday

Breakfast
35g Tesco Malt Wheats -(6 Syns) milk from allowance (HEa)

Lunch
Other half of avocado just over 50g - (5 Syns). 4 Ryvita dark rye (HEb) ham. Bowl of goosberries and cherries.

Dinner
Mushy Pea Curry with a chicken breast and rice.

Snacks
Hard boiled egg x 2, coffee with dash of milk (0.5 Syns)

Water
2 litres

SYNS

Forgot to have Superfree with breakfast, was rushing out to make an appointment. Will bring a banana next time!

Last edited:
So, that's the first weekend in a very long time where I haven't had alcohol or a takeaway! (How bad does that make me sound!!!!) - and I didn't miss either of them. I'm not actually "missing" anything, I don't want chocolate or crisps or fizzy drinks - I'm going to have to do a little more batch cooking though, because twice now I've found myself in front of the fridge thinking - what can I knock together really quickly - and ended up with salad. I know myself, that will wear thin very soon so I'm going to try and get some soup and curry in the freezer. I loved the butternut squash soup from last week so I think I'll do that, and I'll try the mushy pea curry out.

My son just came home from camp with some biscuits he made - I'm not going to say no to a 9 year old & offend him, so I did eat half a little biscuit. It was lovely and I've no idea what's in it, but if I have a gain tomorrow I'll blame the biscuit ;-)

So, that's the first weekend in a very long time where I haven't had alcohol or a takeaway! (How bad does that make me sound!!!!) - and I didn't miss either of them. I'm not actually "missing" anything, I don't want chocolate or crisps or fizzy drinks - I'm going to have to do a little more batch cooking though, because twice now I've found myself in front of the fridge thinking - what can I knock together really quickly - and ended up with salad. I know myself, that will wear thin very soon so I'm going to try and get some soup and curry in the freezer. I loved the butternut squash soup from last week so I think I'll do that, and I'll try the mushy pea curry out.

That doesn't sound bad at all Hun, the glass of vino is my nemesis!! It's good you aren't missing all those things, but don't forget we can have then in moderation....I know I will need them to keep on track :)

Batch cooking is a good idea - I think I might dedicate some time on Sunday to that!!

I definitely can't do moderation at this stage, maybe in a couple of weeks I'll be able to! It's easier for me to stay away from that stuff for now, especially when I genuinely don't want it. I made the mushy pea curry and have some pots in the freezer, it's not very spicy but it's nice, will be nice with SW chips :)

Ooh curry and chips...I like this idea!! Strange question but how much can you taste the mushy peas...I'm not really a big fan of them!

You are doing well! It's great that you are not craving 'naughty' stuff, I contributed to a thread a couple of days ago about healthy ways to use syns- somebody else didn't want to have choc/alcohol- there were some great suggestions maybe you could have a look? I think it's important to use your syns so that if your losses slow you have something to change, and lessen the deprivation feelings!
Its stupidly simple but tonight I froze a banana and it was a revelation! So creamy and sweet and texture just like hard ice cream- yet it was a humble banana... Xx

Ooh curry and chips...I like this idea!! Strange question but how much can you taste the mushy peas...I'm not really a big fan of them!

Nope, you definitely can not. I was afraid I'd be able to taste the baked beans, HATE them! It just tasted like a very mild, thick curry sauce after I blended it up with the hand blender and there was loads left to freeze x

You are doing well! It's great that you are not craving 'naughty' stuff, I contributed to a thread a couple of days ago about healthy ways to use syns- somebody else didn't want to have choc/alcohol- there were some great suggestions maybe you could have a look? I think it's important to use your syns so that if your losses slow you have something to change, and lessen the deprivation feelings!
Its stupidly simple but tonight I froze a banana and it was a revelation! So creamy and sweet and texture just like hard ice cream- yet it was a humble banana... Xx

I think that was my thread :D I did buy some of the stuff mentioned on the thread, have only used the avocado & squirty cream so far! The only thing I miss is popcorn, funnily enough. I had a bag of the Manhattan one on Saturday and it was such good value for 6.5 Syns, might get one for the weekend too depending on how WI goes tomorrow! I must try the frozen banana x

Well........I'm down 4.5lbs. Delighted about that! Going to Food Optimise 100% this week, weigh all healthy extras and keep this thing going. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think "4.5 - is that all?!" but I think that's just because I'm so used to pulling a big number the first week of WW - and look how that worked out so far! Very happy, out of the 17s too :)

Well........I'm down 4.5lbs. Delighted about that! Going to Food Optimise 100% this week, weigh all healthy extras and keep this thing going. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think "4.5 - is that all?!" but I think that's just because I'm so used to pulling a big number the first week of WW - and look how that worked out so far! Very happy, out of the 17s too :)

Wow 4.5lbs - fantastic!!! Well done you!!

Tuesday Food

Breakfast
Patties made from lean pork mince & grilled. Tomato, mushroom, bacon medallions, 1 small potato wedged & grilled, fried egg (frylight). Cup of tea with dash of milk (0.5 Syns) 1/2 a melon.

Lunch
60g of wholemeal roll (HEb) with 40g grated mozzarella (HEa) and 25g Chorizo (5 Syns). Mixed leaves with cucumber, gherkin, baby tomatoes. Kale Crisps.

Dinner
Slimming World Taco Chips - SW chips with homemade Taco spice and 40g Mozzarella (5 Syns). Bunch of green grapes.

Water
2 litres

SYNS

Last edited:
Oh wow I was SO sick last night. I think my body is in complete shock, this is the first time I've eaten really, really well in years. I never thought I'd get through all the fruit & veg I bought last week but I won't have a scrap left by Friday! I've also realised I can't have anything with aspartame anymore, I've been getting headaches and jotting them down - every time I have a Mullerlight or use Splenda I get a headache. It's horrible stuff anyway so I'm not sorry to say goodbye to it. Going to get some Stevia at the weekend and use that for recipes that need sweetener.

Wednesday

Breakfast
Bowl of melon cubes.
Breakfast Sandwich: 2 x Hovis Nimble toasted (HEb), grilled cherry tomatoes & mushrooms, 2 bacon medallions, 2 poached eggs.
Cup of tea with dash of milk. (0.5 Syns).

Lunch
Leftover Taco Mince with Iceberg Lettuce and 40g grated Mozzarella (HEa).

After Lunch
Split Ice-Pop (3.5 Syns according to NV & Syn Calculator)

Dinner
Baked potato with 10g Dairygold Light (2 Syns), mushy peas and a chicken breast with a Maggi Papyrus sheet (1.5 Syns)

Water
2 litres

SYNS

Last edited:
Back