diary of a girl who loves green days....

Slim.Emz87

So here I am back on it! Have managed to put on a stone over the last few months after having lost 3st.

First week gone well here is what I have had so far.....

Tue - Green
B - 2xWeetabix (HEB) and SS milk (HEA)
L - Rice salad with peppers, onion, mushrooms and peas
T - More salad, carrots, green beans and leeks with chicken (HEB) cooked in fry light, with diet coke, peppers, mushrooms and onions (YUM YUM YUM)
Drank lots of water and had a three or four cups of tea using left over milk from HEA
0 - syns

Wed - Green
B - 2xWeetabix (HEB) and SS Milk (HEA)
L - Pasta, peppers, mushrooms, peas and onion mixed with philidelphia light (HEB)
S - Carrot sticks
T - SW chips, cheese (HEA) omlette and beans and a tbsp brown sauce (1 syn)
Lots of water and a couple of cups of tea with milk left of from the morning
1 - syn

Thu - Green
S - apple
L - Pasta, peppers, peas and mushrooms with philly light (HEB)
S - apple
T - Cheese (HEA) omlette and beans with brown sauce (1syn)
Water and tea (only one cup that day).
Can you tell I needed to go shopping :)
1 - syn

Fri - EE
B - 2x Alpen light (HEB), mullerlight yog and fruit salad
S - apple
L - Pasta, sweetcorn, tuna, extra light mayo (3 tbs, 2 syns) with lettuce, tomato, peppers, beetroot and carrot sticks
T - Jacket potatoe with 2tsp of flora light (2 syns), 42g reduced fat cheddar (HEA), quorn mince chilli, made using passata, chilli flakes, garlic, onion and kidney beans, and salad (same as above), reduced fat coleslaw (3 syns)
Followed by an apple
Lots of water
7 - syns

Sat - EE
B - 2x alpen light (HEB) and 1 apple
S - grapes
L - Jacket pot, reduced fat cheddar (HEA), left over quorn chilli, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, pepper and beetroot and 1tbs el mayo (1/2 syn)
T - shepherds pie, (extra lean mince, onion, 1 beef stock cube (1/2 syn), mixed veg, beans and mash (2 syns for butter in mash), yorkshire pudding (3 syns), green beans, carrots and leeks, and gravy (2 syns)
Lots of water
8 - syns
The shepherds pie was split between two and I didn't even eat half so maybe over estimating the syns but better to be safe than sorry

Sun - Green
B - alpen light (1/2 HEB), grapes and half a banana
L - Burger King.....ooops!!!
T - still to come but thinking zero syns
Lots of water

Exercise for this week has been
Wednesday 40 mins in the gym (cardio)
Thursday 2hrs of badminton
Saturday 45 mins in the gym
Sunday 45 mins in the gym

So considering it is my first week back how does it look? I have the old books and haven't been to a meeting (althought I might start going soon). I need to mix things up a little more but this week has been a tight week with money. I might actually be able to do some shopping next week.
Advice would be welcome....

Slim.Emz87 said:
So here I am back on it! Have managed to put on a stone over the last few months after having lost 3st.

First week gone well here is what I have had so far.....

Tue - Green
L - Rice salad with peppers, onion, mushrooms and peas
T - More salad, carrots, green beans and leeks with chicken (HEB) cooked in fry light, with diet coke, peppers, mushrooms and onions (YUM YUM YUM)
Drank lots of water and had a three or four cups of tea using left over milk from HEA
0 - syns

Wed - Green
B - 2xWeetabix (HEB) and SS Milk (HEA)
L - Pasta, peppers, mushrooms, peas and onion mixed with philidelphia light (HEB)
S - Carrot sticks
T - SW chips, cheese (HEA) omlette and beans and a tbsp brown sauce (1 syn)
Lots of water and a couple of cups of tea with milk left of from the morning
1 - syn

Thu - Green
S - apple
L - Pasta, peppers, peas and mushrooms with philly light (HEB)
S - apple
T - Cheese (HEA) omlette and beans with brown sauce (1syn)
Water and tea (only one cup that day).
Can you tell I needed to go shopping :)
1 - syn

Fri - EE
B - 2x Alpen light (HEB), mullerlight yog and fruit salad
S - apple
L - Pasta, sweetcorn, tuna, extra light mayo (3 tbs, 2 syns) with lettuce, tomato, peppers, beetroot and carrot sticks
T - Jacket potatoe with 2tsp of flora light (2 syns), 42g reduced fat cheddar (HEA), quorn mince chilli, made using passata, chilli flakes, garlic, onion and kidney beans, and salad (same as above), reduced fat coleslaw (3 syns)
Followed by an apple
Lots of water
7 - syns

Sat - EE
B - 2x alpen light (HEB) and 1 apple
S - grapes
L - Jacket pot, reduced fat cheddar (HEA), left over quorn chilli, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, pepper and beetroot and 1tbs el mayo (1/2 syn)
T - shepherds pie, (extra lean mince, onion, 1 beef stock cube (1/2 syn), mixed veg, beans and mash (2 syns for butter in mash), yorkshire pudding (3 syns), green beans, carrots and leeks, and gravy (2 syns)
Lots of water
8 - syns
The shepherds pie was split between two and I didn't even eat half so maybe over estimating the syns but better to be safe than sorry

Sun - Green
B - alpen light (1/2 HEB), grapes and half a banana
L - Burger King.....ooops!!!
T - still to come but thinking zero syns
Lots of water

Exercise for this week has been
Wednesday 40 mins in the gym (cardio)
Thursday 2hrs of badminton
Saturday 45 mins in the gym
Sunday 45 mins in the gym

So considering it is my first week back how does it look? I have the old books and haven't been to a meeting (althought I might start going soon). I need to mix things up a little more but this week has been a tight week with money. I might actually be able to do some shopping next week.
Advice would be welcome....

Hi Emz

Looking good hun. I was a bit worried at the beginning as you hardly had any syns , but you seem to be on track ;-)

Stock cubes are now free , which is great , I noticed you synned one.

You are much better than me with your exercise and water drinking. I am sure that stone will fall off you ;-)

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Kwise. That makes me realise how old my books are but equally if it worked then it must work now.
Even more reason to go to a meeting.
Now just making tomorrow's lunch which is butternut squash and red pepper soup.
The water seems to be habit now as I always try and make sure I have 1ltr at work alone so any extra, which I know I have more when I count squash and tea, is a bonus!
As for the exercise, watch this space, not sure how long that will last :)
Thanks for the reply x

Slim.Emz87 said:
Thanks Kwise. That makes me realise how old my books are but equally if it worked then it must work now.
Even more reason to go to a meeting.
Now just making tomorrow's lunch which is butternut squash and red pepper soup.
The water seems to be habit now as I always try and make sure I have 1ltr at work alone so any extra, which I know I have more when I count squash and tea, is a bonus!
As for the exercise, watch this space, not sure how long that will last :)
Thanks for the reply x

My books are too - lol. I find out all my info here on minimins - it's a brilliant site for info . I'm about to start Zumba this week so wish me luck ;-)

Kx

Good luck with Zumba Kwise! Let me know how it goes, I am thinking of giving that a go.

B - 2xWM toast (HEB), 1 egg (scrambled), beans and 1 tbsp of brown sauce (1 syn)

L - Butternut Squash and red pepper soup, syn free salad with 2xLaughing Cow Light cheese triangles (2/5 HEA)

S - Grapes

T - Pasta'n'sauce (tomato, onion and herb) and peas. 1 tsp of butter in pasta (1.5 syns)

S - 2 xWM bread (HEB) with 2xLaughing Cow Light cheese triangles (2/5 HEA) and beetroot

Drink - water, diet coke and three cups of tea using ss milk (1/5 HEA)

Syns = 2.5

Exercise - none today

I hope what I have done with my HEA is okay but I could seem to fit it in any other way. To be honest I hadn't realised that I still needed to have another HEB until I started to write it down and I didn't realise I hadn't had much of a HEA today!
And after having quite an off track day yesterday I am keeping syns low today ;-)

x

Slim.Emz87 said:
Good luck with Zumba Kwise! Let me know how it goes, I am thinking of giving that a go.

B - 2xWM toast (HEB), 1 egg (scrambled), beans and 1 tbsp of brown sauce (1 syn)

L - Butternut Squash and red pepper soup, syn free salad with 2xLaughing Cow Light cheese triangles (2/5 HEA)

S - Grapes

T - Pasta'n'sauce (tomato, onion and herb) and peas. 1 tsp of butter in pasta (1.5 syns)

S - 2 xWM bread (HEB) with 2xLaughing Cow Light cheese triangles (2/5 HEA) and beetroot

Drink - water, diet coke and three cups of tea using ss milk (1/5 HEA)

Syns = 2.5

Exercise - none today

I hope what I have done with my HEA is okay but I could seem to fit it in any other way. To be honest I hadn't realised that I still needed to have another HEB until I started to write it down and I didn't realise I hadn't had much of a HEA today!
And after having quite an off track day yesterday I am keeping syns low today ;-)

x

Hi Ems

What did you have at BK? Surely it wasn't that bad :)

I will certainly let u know about Zumba - if I survive - lol

Kx

Ah it probably wasn't that bad, it was a sweet chili chicken wrap, fries and some of my bf's bacon double cheese-burger which he decided he didnt like.
Oh I then had four hobnob cookies yesterday evening! x

Slim.Emz87 said:
Ah it probably wasn't that bad, it was a sweet chili chicken wrap, fries and some of my bf's bacon double cheese-burger which he decided he didnt like.
Oh I then had four hobnob cookies yesterday evening! x

Have you worked out the syns - it might not be so bad ;-)

Mmmm hobnobs - lol

Kx

Gotta update my diary today. Been good and exercising hard. Food diary to follow later :) x

Tuesday 10th and Wednesday 11th

Tue 10/01/12 - Green

B - 2xWM toast (HEB), beans, poached egg and 1tbsp brown sauce (1 syn)
S - Grapes
L - Butternut squash and pepper soup, with 2xWM bread (HEB) with flora light x 2tsp (2 syns)
S - Thai style mugshot (0.5 syns) and apple
T - Baked potatoe, cheese (HEA) and beans with salad, flora light on potato (1 syn)
Exercise - 35 mins in the gym and 50 mins badminton
Drink - lots of water and tea with milk (HEA)
SYNS TOTAL - 4.5

Wednesday 11/01/12 - Green
S - Grapes
L - Lettuce, cucumber, pepper, grated carrot and Laughing Cow light cheese triangles x3 (3/5 HEA), tomato & herb mugshot
T - 2xWM bread (HEB), Laughing Cow light cheese triangle (4/5 HEA), 2tbsp branston pickle (2 syns) and roast chicken mugshot
Exercise - none today
Drink - lots of water and tea with milk (left over from morning HEA)
SYNS TOTAL = 2

Had a rubbish day today and I nearly end up going off track, but I managed to stick to it. I decided to have quick tea because I was in a terrible mood and just wanted to get in bed!!!
Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I keep splitting my HEAs, not sure if that is okay but I am sure the results will soon tell me.

Have planned meals for tomorrow, EE day, but I hate to write them down in-case I change my mind! ;)

Slim.Emz87 said:
Tue 10/01/12 - Green

B - 2xWM toast (HEB), beans, poached egg and 1tbsp brown sauce (1 syn)
S - Grapes
L - Butternut squash and pepper soup, with 2xWM bread (HEB) with flora light x 2tsp (2 syns)
S - Thai style mugshot (0.5 syns) and apple
T - Baked potatoe, cheese (HEA) and beans with salad, flora light on potato (1 syn)
Exercise - 35 mins in the gym and 50 mins badminton
Drink - lots of water and tea with milk (HEA)
SYNS TOTAL - 4.5

Wednesday 11/01/12 - Green
S - Grapes
L - Lettuce, cucumber, pepper, grated carrot and Laughing Cow light cheese triangles x3 (3/5 HEA), tomato & herb mugshot
T - 2xWM bread (HEB), Laughing Cow light cheese triangle (4/5 HEA), 2tbsp branston pickle (2 syns) and roast chicken mugshot
Exercise - none today
Drink - lots of water and tea with milk (left over from morning HEA)
SYNS TOTAL = 2

Had a rubbish day today and I nearly end up going off track, but I managed to stick to it. I decided to have quick tea because I was in a terrible mood and just wanted to get in bed!!!
Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I keep splitting my HEAs, not sure if that is okay but I am sure the results will soon tell me.

Have planned meals for tomorrow, EE day, but I hate to write them down in-case I change my mind! ;)

I am sure u can split them hun.

I am a tad worried that you are having to few syns though - are u saving them for the weekend?

Kx

I am sure u can split them hun.

I am a tad worried that you are having to few syns though - are u saving them for the weekend?

Kx

I tend to not have as many during the week and have a few more at the weekend because that is the time that I am more likely to get tempted. I will see what happens with weigh-ins over the next couple of weeks and if it doesn't work I will up my daily (during the week) syns by a couple...
When I done SW before I used to have nearly no syns at all and would then have one day at the weekend where I would have a drink (or two) etc., which used to work. We will see I guess....

Thu - 12/01/12 - EE

B -
2xWM toast (HEB), 1 tbs brown sauce (1 syn), Mushrooms, Beans
Nectarine and grapes

S -
Didn't even cross my mind....my big breakfast must have done the trick :)

L -
Pasta, sweetcorn, tuna and extra light mayo x 3tbs (1.5 syns)
Salad (lettuce, cucumber, pepper and beetroot)

S -
Grapes and a cadburys chomp (5.5 syns)

T -
Spaghetti bolognese, made with extra lean mince, chopped toms, passata, onion, mushrooms, peppers and sweetcorn, spaghetti and topped with 20g reduced fat cheddar (1/2 HEA)
Salad on the side, lettuce, rocket, spinach leaves and cucumber

Syns = 8
Exercise = 30 mins in gym (managed 16 mins, 2100k running) and 15 mins swimming
Drink = at least 1.5ltr of water plus cups of tea (milk from other half of HEA) and squash in the morning

WOW loads of food yesterday..... I hope it is okay for EE. I have not done EE many times before so I am always a little unsure if it is okay or not!

Last edited:
Hi Hun, just thought I would come across and have a read through your diary, hope thats ok!! You look like you are doing fantastic - well done you!!!

Your day yesterday looks fine on EE too me - I am still amazed just how much you can eat on EE and still lose - I love it :) x

Hi Hun, just thought I would come across and have a read through your diary, hope thats ok!! You look like you are doing fantastic - well done you!!!

Your day yesterday looks fine on EE too me - I am still amazed just how much you can eat on EE and still lose - I love it :) x

I know. Sometimes I take loads to work, mostly free foods and never manage to get through it!
My OH was used to me having weigh the mince when having spag bowl but trying to explain to him last night how EE works he didn't get how I could eat all that food and it be free! x

Friday 13th - Green

B - 2xWM toast (HEB), brown sauce (1 syn), beans and poached egg

L - Chicken and Herb Super Low Fat noodles and more beans

S - Melon

T - Roast chicken (HEB), veg, roast pots, yorkshire and gravy (5 or 6 syns tbc)

HEA - Thinking of having some Wensledale with cranberries, can that be a HEA???

Exercise - none today
Drink 1ltr of water, tea and NAS squash

Last edited:
Slim.Emz87 said:
B - 2xWM toast (HEB), brown sauce (1 syn), beans and poached egg

L - Chicken and Herb Super Low Fat noodles and more beans

S - Melon

T - Roast chicken (HEB), veg, roast pots, yorkshire and gravy (5 or 6 syns tbc)

HEA - Thinking of having some Wensledale with cranberries, can that be a HEA???

Exercise - none today
Drink 1ltr of water, tea and NAS squash

Ooh u don't know!!

Kx

Hi Em, just having a peek at your diary as I do green days and always enjoy being nosey! You look as though you're doing really well.

Re the Wensleydale, I'd definitely count it as a hexa but I don't think it is one so it's a tweak I'm afraid. It's up to you whether you are in the market for a tweak so early on in your journey!

Slim.Emz87 said:
Don't I???
Em x

That should said Ooh I don't know - typo
:-(

Sorry Hun

Kx

Back