Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

So what was spag bol like with hidden veg?

I usually have my syns on a weekly basis as my MiL comes round every Saturday with wine & chocs & there is now way I could make 15 syns stretch that far!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I count down from 105. Just try what's best for you, you may find some days you have 15 & some days just 5, they are there to be used so do what makes you happy.

It was really tasty! It had the usual onion and tomatoes, and I also used peppers, mushrooms and carrots. It's nuts but I still don't feel like I've had any veg!!
Wine and chocolate are definitely worth saving for.

Morning all

I'm feeling very bloated today, I'm hoping it's just one of those days and I'm not going to get a fright when I get weighed in the morning.

Have a good day everyone x

Thursday 16th - Green Day

A - Milk
A -
B - Cereal
B - Chicken

Breakfast - Fruit and fibre

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Maggi garlic chicken (2.5), roast potatoes and carrots

Snacks - muller light

Will edit later ...

Last edited:
hi Mandy, hope you had a good food day, you were asking about syns well i always eat 15 each day no matter how much i try not to.
you were saying you dont like fruit and veg. im not mad on traditional veg either but what i do is roast a lot of different veg and try to top it with cheese or sauce cos it really changes the taste of it.
sorry but i had a good giggle when i seen you had 2 lunches yesterday, i started sw last year and i went mad cooking all the sw recipes and i lost count of the dinners etc i threw out lol
what i do now is try to cook the stuff we would normally eat here but adapt it to sw style, no oils etc and i find it much handier and nicer.
im off work till next week cos of my surgery and its so easy to get all the food prepped but next week im back to normal so god knows what will be on the menu.
try to have your syns cos we need little treats and it feels less like a diet then.

Morning!
Yeah, I'm starting to realise I'm falling into the new diet trap of over doing things. I am going to try and adapt meals I like from now on. I also think I need to use more syns...and not just on alcohol lol...I'm still in the calorie counting mind set that less is more. Thanks for the tip about veg, I'll give it a go.

You're in for a hard week next week, it's always difficult getting back into the normal routine xx

Woke up feeling bloated, but raring to go.
I've nothing planned in the near future, so if I can stay away from the dreaded wine it should be all systems go for a slimmer future.
Am quite excited...how sad am I?

Tuesday 21st May - Green day

A - Milk
A -
B - Cereal
B - Mince

Breakfast - Fruity bran and Milk

Lunch - Jacket potato and beans

Dinner - sw chilli (lots of veg) and rice

Syns - extra mince 6.5

Not a bad day :)

Last edited:
Hello again Mandyboo - Nanny Doreen here. Got my dairies started but lost you. I wanted tofollow you but could not find you, Looking at your diaries I think I may try a couple of green days. I like potato jackets and pasta and the idea of 2 a and b

Hi! I'm pleased you found me, I'll have a look for your diary. Green works well for me because it restricts me a bit with not doing the 1/3 plate of veg - though I am getting better! You can have a bit of meat or fish with your extra B choice x

Day off today - Yay!
I've nothing much planned other than a bit of cleaning so I'm going to try to get a bit sw organised. I'm going to flick through my books, try a soup recipe and maybe make up a big batch of bolognese. I'm also going to have a mooch round tesco (not my normal supermarket) to get some of the yummy ideas I've seen on here x

Wednesday 22nd May

Green Day or Extra Easy - not sure, what would anyone else do?

A - Milk
A -
B - Cereal
B - Pork

Breakfast - fruit and fibre, milk

Lunch - home made pea and mint soup, super noodles

Dinner - tesco pulled pork, roast potatoes and carrots, peas

Snack - muller light

Is this enough veg to call it EE, or do I count whatever meat I have for dinner as a B choice?

Syns - pork? Should be ok

Last edited:
Green I think Mandy as the only superfree is the carrots I think

Thursday 23rd May

GREEN DAY...

A - Milk
A -
B - Cereal
B - Haddock

Breakfast - fruit and fibre

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Haddock with chive butter, new potatoes and peas