Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

I definitely fancy a class if I can find a good one - the last I went to was dreadful.
I think I'm doing ok, I can't expect a good weight loss this week after being away at the weekend x

I definitely fancy a class if I can find a good one - the last I went to was dreadful.
I think I'm doing ok, I can't expect a good weight loss this week after being away at the weekend x

Hi Mandy, how are you getting on with your veg, i decided to do a few green days cos i havent been eating much pasta / rice ect (hubby is not a big fan). it so handy for easy quick dinners. well i had a good read of the book this morning and i hate to tell you but it says we are still supposed to be having 1/3 superfree even on green, :cry:
i suppose its to keep the calorie count down.
i go to class and i love it, im lucky that ive made friends with a nice group of women and we have a bit of a laugh, it keep me motivated when i have to step on the scales in group, i know i would be useless at home id just keep starting over every few days lol
i see you used to do weightwatchers well so did i and it was defenitly a different sort of class but maby look for a different sw one and give yourself a few weeks to settle in before you decide it not for you.
chat soon

Hi Moira
I'm eating lots more veg than I used to which is a good thing, but not much of it is superfree. I did sw in my twenties before the veg thing started and lost weight so I'm going to do my best and see how I get on. I'm going to check out what classes there are that I can get to and pluck up courage to go to one x

Lost 1/2 a pound! Am really pleased after last weekends blow out. Now I need to stay away from the wine this weekend, have a good week, and see if sw works for me! :D

Friday 24th May - Green

Todays challenge is... if I drink wine I'll stick to half a bottle, and be able to avoid a chicken nugget/kit-kat binge!
I would try to avoid wine altogether, but I only work half day Friday and take my Mum out in the afternoon.
Generally speaking...Mum = stress = buying wine on my way home...

A - Milk
A -
B - Cereal
B - Porridge oats

Breakfast - Sultana bran with milk

Lunch - Fruit bread (5.5)

Dinner - Chicken biryani (1) rice, peas, tomatoes, onions, chicken (8)

Snacks - muller light with porridge oats - thanks Moira!

Syns - 14.5
Wine
syns (tbc) - 12 - well it is Friday...

Last edited:
Yes 1/3 of superfree on the plate or have fruit within 10 minutes of meal.
I have got a new red and green book separate from our normal ee book and they are saying that 1/3 superfree with red & green would be beneficial. Don`t panic - not compulsary. Try having fruit if you want to do EE.

Good luck anyway Mandy.

I'm pleased it's not just me Michelle. I love her to bits, but she seriously drives me to drink lol.

Phew :clap: thanks for that Doreen, it's nice to have it confirmed that I might have a chance without superfree. Another problem I have is I only eat tinned fruit, which has syns...I know...I'm a hopeless case!

Right, I'm off to work out my menu for today so I know how much wine I can have :party0036:

Guess who's found the extra smilies!!

Saturday 25th May - Extra Easy!!

Am pleased to announce that I may have had too many syns yesterday, but at least I stuck to my plan and didn't
have a blow out!

I'm absolutely shattered today, we were woken up at 5 by an animal screaming, as one of our cats is very poorly we both shot out of bed like whippets. As it turned out it was a couple of foxes getting romantic in the back garden - she sure didn't sound to be enjoying herself!! Anyway we were both shaken up so couldn't get back to sleep, and Rob brought me tea and toast to bed (he doesn't understand sw) it smelt lovely and I didn't want to hurt his feelings so I ate it - oops!

So todays diary - I'm doing EE for a change

A - Milk
B - Bread

Breakfast - toast and butter (3)

Lunch - Mulligatawny soup from sw little book of soup - bubbling away at mo, will give verdict later

Dinner - spaghetti bolognese with LOADS of hidden veg - might be too much veg, but thought I'd give it a go

Snacks -

Look forward to verdict on soup. I went over Friday too but I did count it. Love doing it here it is like a confession to being naughty but when in print you really see what you are up too

I've blown it BIG TIME!
It's our wedding anniversary today, so we're out tonight, but tomorrow I start again. No more messing.
I think I need to lay off the booze for a bit as I'm a bit of a lightweight and always end up binging afterwards.
Leeds meet sounds great, you had a lovely sunny day for it.
The soup was beautiful, I need to start taking photos.
I'm so cross and disappointed in myself :mad:

I've blown it BIG TIME!
It's our wedding anniversary today, so we're out tonight, but tomorrow I start again. No more messing.
I think I need to lay off the booze for a bit as I'm a bit of a lightweight and always end up binging afterwards.
Leeds meet sounds great, you had a lovely sunny day for it.
The soup was beautiful, I need to start taking photos.
I'm so cross and disappointed in myself :mad:

First of all Happy Anniversary. :candledinner: Try and enjoy it.

I agree with Happy Holidays, don`t beat yourself up. What is it the managers say - draw a line under it ready for tomorrow. You can do it, you know you can.

Right! Serious stuff now and no more messing around...
Am going to a meeting on Wednesday so hopefully that'll keep me on the wagon. I'm also going to try to have a dry June - wish me luck!!

Back