Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

Oh that's really frustrating when you're trying to be organised and avoid the shops, good luck out there x

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY MINIS FRIENDS!
Thanks for all your help this year, and can you all help me a bit more next year?
Pretty please? :D
Lots of love, Mandy x

Hope you had a good time Mandy. (I'm assuming you survived the last minute ASDA stampede - amazed they didn't have milk etc. My shop was delivered on Sunday and had everything I wanted, albeit with a few substitutes).

I think we'll all be needing support from each other and I'm sure we'll get it! See you again when you're ready....

I'm ready!
Enough food!
I know I've gained but compared to past years I've been quite well behaved - I haven't even wanted to drink *shock*
I have a meal out on Sunday, but apart from that I'm back on the wagon as of tomorrow. I got the hint today, a letter from weight watchers and a leaflet from slimming world!!

Sounds like you are really positive Mandy. I'm trying to be better behaved but not fully back on track yet, tummy felt sore on Xmas Day - not used to it. Could be worse though. You can rely on getting mail outs re weight loss hey - WW once on their mail out list never seem to give up :) years on even if you don't go back lol. Day at a time through to New Year hey, we can all achieve a lot in 2014.

Sounds like you are really positive Mandy. I'm trying to be better behaved but not fully back on track yet, tummy felt sore on Xmas Day - not used to it. Could be worse though. You can rely on getting mail outs re weight loss hey - WW once on their mail out list never seem to give up :) years on even if you don't go back lol. Day at a time through to New Year hey, we can all achieve a lot in 2014.
We WILL all achieve a lot in 2014 :)
I just hope my enthusiasm lasts past next weekend lol!

Saturday 28th December

Back on the wagon!
Husband sabotaged my efforts this morning by bringing me toast with about half an inch of butter on it to bed, it was lovely of him and I hadn't told him I was starting again, so I smiled politely and ate it.

Got weighed - 11 stone 2 pounds! So much for staying under 11.... So that's my mission before Wednesdays official weigh in.

Breakfast - Toast and butter

Lunch - egg on toast

Dinner - Chilli and rice

Snacks - Celebrations and maybe a glass of wine

Well done on making a start - sabotage by husbands doesn't count when it's meant kindly. Just ask him for cereal tomorrow as he must still bring you brekkie in bed!

Strangely enough, I've never received a leaflet drop from SW, even though there are several groups within a couple of miles radius. I notice that regular members haven't mentioned anything about new books whereas this time last year there was talk about them being given free to those who attended meeting regularly over Christmas and new Year. I suppose there's a limit to how much they can tweak the plan.

Hope the birds enjoy their Christmas bonanza!

Ah bless him, sweet of him to bring you brekkie in bed though :) even at lb a week over 52 weeks we could lose 3 stone 10lbs, now you don't need to lose that much so it really puts what can be achieved into perspective huh - for me it means hopefully I'll get to target in 2014 :) quite a bit to lose but chuffed with what has been achieved in 2013 even with holidays and Xmas :)

You could always ask for bacon and egg tomorrow Mandy ;)

Ah bless him, sweet of him to bring you brekkie in bed though :) even at lb a week over 52 weeks we could lose 3 stone 10lbs, now you don't need to lose that much so it really puts what can be achieved into perspective huh - for me it means hopefully I'll get to target in 2014 :) quite a bit to lose but chuffed with what has been achieved in 2013 even with holidays and Xmas :)

You could always ask for bacon and egg tomorrow Mandy ;)

MMM 1lb a week for 2 weeks. Sounds good. By March 14th I should have the 11lbs I have put on over 2 weeks off again

MMM 1lb a week for 2 weeks. Sounds good. By March 14th I should have the 11lbs I have put on over 2 weeks off again
Hopefully it will come off quickly as it's gone on quickly Doreen. Xmas and holidays happen though and we have to live too hey. Most people have holiday and Xmas gains and have to pull it back again even when at target, I don't suspect any of us will ever get there and never have to diet again hey :). Xx enjoy the New Year.

Woo well done you for getting back on plan, that's brilliant. Bet it feels good doesn't it!

I hope you had a good Christmas? :)

Woo well done you for getting back on plan, that's brilliant. Bet it feels good doesn't it!

I hope you had a good Christmas? :)

Erm, well I planned to be back on plan, but things haven't gone exactly to plan!!
Oops :rolleyes:
Christmas was good ta, but I'm a bit bored with it all now and am looking forward to getting back into the old routine. Hope you had a good one? X

Erm, well I planned to be back on plan, but things haven't gone exactly to plan!! Oops :rolleyes: X

You and me both! Meals were OK but too many little extras found their way into my mouth...

It will be much easier to get fully back on plan when I go back to work (on Thursday) and things get back to normal. I'll be happy to maintain this coming week.

Today has been my last day of mad consumption!
I have no more events, occasions, 'do's' for the foreseeable future, so tomorrow is officially day one.
I'm also back at work for a bit so that should help ;-)
Wish me luck and hopefully I'll be able to report a successful day!

Monday 30th December

I can't believe I'm saying this but it's actually good to be back at work! I need to remember this feeling for when the day comes that I'm sick of the sight of the place and feel like I need a break :)
I'm a bit fed up because everyone has been talking about holidays, and when I explain that we've nothing booked because of my cat, the reaction I got was 'shoot it' :mad: this is the first time in as long as I can remember that I've not had anything to look forward to and I feel miserable enough without that reaction!
Bloody heartless men.
Anyhow...foodage

Breakfast - cheerios and milk

Lunch - JP with beans and cheese

Dinner - Ham omelette, actifry chips and peas

Snacks - Wotsits and maybe a couple of Cadbury's fingers

Alcohol - 0

Monday 30th December

I can't believe I'm saying this but it's actually good to be back at work! I need to remember this feeling for when the day comes that I'm sick of the sight of the place and feel like I need a break :)
I'm a bit fed up because everyone has been talking about holidays, and when I explain that we've nothing booked because of my cat, the reaction I got was 'shoot it' :mad: this is the first time in as long as I can remember that I've not had anything to look forward to and I feel miserable enough without that reaction!
Bloody heartless men.
Anyhow...foodage

Breakfast - cheerios and milk

Lunch - JP with beans and cheese

Dinner - Ham omelette, actifry chips and peas

Snacks - Wotsits and maybe a couple of Cadbury's fingers

Alcohol - 0

It's ok honey.... just wait till they come down with the man flu...... out with your shotgun :D

Back