Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

Normally I stick to sw principles even when counting calories, so usually I'm ok. I refuse to cook on a Sunday evening which is why I had pizza (it was very yummy) what I need to do is save a few calories through the week so I can have Sunday off :)

At least you enjoyed it ..... the worst thing is when people go off plan for something they aren't even that keen on

Hi Mandy. Just catching up after weekend away. We're all only human and have a wobble occasionally, you're doing great though the pillow sounds a bit bulky and dry :). I've gone totally off track the weekend and need to give myself a talking to. Overnight stay away sounds nice.

Tuesday 7th January

Not the best start to the year, one of our biggest customers has gone down owing us a fortune. Having crisis meeting with the boss later and may have to let one of the lads go, or maybe put them all on 4 days until things pick up. Fortunately the bank is going to cover us. We always struggle at this time of year as business tails off in December and we have our VAT and corporation tax to pay. Things will pick up again this month, but it really couldn't have happened at a worse time.
Food - I'm STARVING at the mo!

Breakfast - Bran flakes and milk

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Pasta with a spicy mince

Snacks - Wotsits and a green and blacks mini bar

Ahh Jp and beans - favourite I think. Hope things sort out ok at work. As you say a bad time of year just after crimble.

Find something free to stop the hunger.

:rolleyes:

@#!$&!
I've lost a poxy miserable pound! Ok for a normal week, but not for a first week grrrr. I've stuck to it perfectly and not had a drop to drink, I'm soo not a happy bunny :mad::mad::mad:
I've also got Mum duties today and unless she's brightened up a bit it's going to be like diving head first into a vat of misery :(
On a happier note I've some fab new wool to start knitting tonight. I know how to live!!

No, no, no - that's the wrong attitude! A pound off is good. OK - so you were hoping for more, but take comfort from the fact that it's going in the right direction.

Hopefully you will be able to rise above your mum's gloom and remember that reacting to it by eating - or drinking which is not an option for you this month! - doesn't improve anything. [And I wish I could practise what I'm preaching].

Good luck.

PS Sorry about the rotten start to the year workwise.

Hi Mandy. Visualise a lb of butter and imagine that off, it's a lot xx I know we all want it to come off faster but over the year those lbs soon add up x. Tough times at work by the sounds of it. I do sympathise with the situation with Mum. It does become all consuming for them and unfortunately those they love the most bear the brunt, it was much the same with Mum and Dad before we lost them. Hugs xx You are doing great with your diet, better than me last weekend, oops :). Hang in there and keep going with the Dryathlon xx

Ah sorry to hear things aren't too great :( I hope your mum has cheered up for you.

Sorry you're dissapointed with your loss but, easier said than done, remember its still a loss and definitely headed in the right direction. Maybe your body's taking a whole to catch up and you'll have a bigger loss next week.

Hope your day gets better x

I am sorry about your weght loss Mandy. But glad you lost! Ooh it is so hard cause we know it is better than a gain or a STS but don`t really help does it. I reckon tomorrow you will be glad that it was a loss. I know you have not been dieting in the full sense of the word but I reckon it was not lke a real first week. Or am I wrong in assuming that?
Hoping you not feeling so down about it tonight when you get home.

Do you like sugar free jellies? I have been making jelles and puttng frozen fruits in the blackcurrant one and having cherry muller with it - delish -, with the orange one I have had orange muller wth choc bits, the strawberry & raspberry sometimes with fruit sometimes just yogurt. Pretty fllling.

Of course if you don`t like the jellyI take back that last paragraph :rolleyes:.

Right 1lb gone, another next week and each week after will be over 3 stone. It is a long tme but it s one way to do it.

Keep your chin up dear friend, "we will get there in the end"

@#!$&!
I've lost a poxy miserable pound! Ok for a normal week, but not for a first week grrrr. I've stuck to it perfectly and not had a drop to drink, I'm soo not a happy bunny :mad::mad::mad:
I've also got Mum duties today and unless she's brightened up a bit it's going to be like diving head first into a vat of misery :(
On a happier note I've some fab new wool to start knitting tonight. I know how to live!!
Enjoy the knitting Mandy... what are you making?

Knitting is good - excellent food distraction therapy!

You might be interested to know that a local knitting shop Baa Ram Ewe is bringing out a knitting book called Bespoke (what else?) containing knitting and crotchet designs to celbrate Le Grand Depart - so if you want to knit a saddle cover or a yellow jersey.....

Hi Mandy, Were the `mum duties` as bad as you thought. Hope not. How you feeling today about your loss?
Right then - what are you knitting - hat, gloves, scarf? None of those then maybe a jumper for next winter - or the one after that if I were knitting one.

Hope you have a good day today Mandy, look forward to hearing from you later

Doreen x

lb_fat.jpg

Thought you might like to see what that just a pound looks like x

Thursday 9th January

Thank you all for your amazing support! I didn't get a chance to have a read yesterday - I wish I had now :)
I've got over my tantrum, but I'm still very annoyed :mad: I've always had a good loss after a while off plan. What I think has happened is my January 1st wi was one of those strangely low ones you sometimes get, because I was amazed to be under 11 stone. Anyhow, I'm pleased to report that I stuck with it yesterday, Mum wasn't too bad so I didn't need a medicinal voddy when I got home, and so far I've got £70 for doing the dryathlon :D
I'm knitting a scarf at the mo, I can't do anything much bigger because I get bored and am lousy at sewing things up. I'll have a look at Baa Ram Ewe, it's a shop I've always wanted to visit. I've driven past it with Rob a couple of times (it's in Headingley isn't it?) but it's the other side of Leeds to me and I wouldn't have a clue how to get there myself or where to park. I'm not the bravest driver in cities when I don't know where I am!

Todays food

Breakfast - Bran flakes and milk

Lunch - Turkey and cranberry sandwich

Dinner - Sausage, mash and peas

Snacks - Celebrations x 2, green and blacks mini bar

Glad to hear you feel a bit better about things today.

I have to keep telling myself that the scales will never say what we really want them to. We all want this so much that we want to see it go quickly. I am sure that if I was losing 4-5lb a week it would be because I was doing something wrong and would probably be falling over fainting everywhere! :eek:

There's a thought.....Mr Darcy could follow me around with the smelling salts :D
:bighug:

Last edited:
Pleased to hear yesterday went better than expected.

Baa Ram Ewe in Headingley? I don't know, but there's one in Harrogate at the bottom end of Cold Bath Road (head down the hill which doesn't go towards the Royal Hall from Betty's, and then turn left. Hope you can see what I mean?). There's disc parking on the side roads in the area.

Back