Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

Er 'scuse me! Mr Darcy is mine ok?

Harrogate I can do, even if it is further, I'm such a wuss...

I've retired early, I can hardly keep my eyes open. I'm having half an hour with Anne Boleyn then zzzzzzz

Night all x

Hi Mandy. Glad the day with Mum went better than expected, you're sounding much more upbeat xxx :).

Saturday 11th January

I hope no one notices that I'm avoiding mention of Friday
:) it didn't quite go to plan...

Breakfast - Bran flakes and milk

Lunch - a bit of Robs banoffee cake

Dinner - Chicken biryani

Snacks - Hot chocolate and a muller dessert

Hello :) ohh did you get much gardening done? Visited family today, went to see OH's nan, whose hard work - she's sweet bless her, but she does like to moan and whine about absolutely everything so it can be hard work. Then went to my parents for dinner, nice not having to cook! Got lots of cleaning and housework to do tomorrow, boring :( x

Well done for getting back on plan today, you could have easily have carried on with being off plan but you didn't so well done :) x

Hello :) ohh did you get much gardening done? Visited family today, went to see OH's nan, whose hard work - she's sweet bless her, but she does like to moan and whine about absolutely everything so it can be hard work. Then went to my parents for dinner, nice not having to cook! Got lots of cleaning and housework to do tomorrow, boring :( x Well done for getting back on plan today, you could have easily have carried on with being off plan but you didn't so well done :) x
I got lots of gardening done, but also lots of eating - oops!
Your OH's nan sounds like my Mum, you start losing the will to live lol. I don't envy you doing housework tomorrow, we're in the garden if it's warm enough.
Be good x

Monday 13th January

Ow!
My garden looks lovely (It's surrounded by high old stone walls so is very sheltered) and all my new plants survived the night, but I've pulled something in my back and am in agony ooowwwww :( it doesn't even ease off when I'm sat still. I'm so out of condition and unfit it's embarrassing! I ate quite a lot yesterday, but earned a lot exercising so I think I should be ok.

Breakfast - Bran flakes and milk

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Actifry chips, roast beef in gravy and peas

Snacks - Green and blacks mini bar, wotsits

Poor you.... backs are such a pain in the erm back xxx

Sorry to hear you hurt your back Mandy. Couple of painkillers and a nice hottish bath may help sort you out.
Food looking good tho. Mine was notgood foryesterday. Just gonna update.

Love Doreen

Sorry to hear you hurt your back Mandy. Couple of painkillers and a nice hottish bath may help sort you out.
Food looking good tho. Mine was notgood foryesterday. Just gonna update.

Love Doreen
I think you have a very good reason for not managing to stick to plan yesterday x

Ach - that's the trouble with gardening! I'm getting better at remembering to take care of my back but I'm still prone to bend from the waist and pull rather than bend the knees and tug! The last time I hurt my back OH got me some Voltergel (sp?) which appeared to help, although it hadn't done before. A warm hot water bottle can help too and can act as a bit of a cushion.

Hope it gets better soon.

Tuesday 14th January

I wish I could start sleeping a bit better :sigh: I don't think I've had a good night this year and it's beginning to tell.
On a happier note, my back has eased off quite a lot. I really need to get a bit more exercise! I've just taken the long route to the bank. Work is still pants, boss is worried and vile, and I'm having to bite my tongue and not say that I'd been warning him for a couple of years that this would happen. We have no money until some other customers start paying or the bank loan kicks in, and I'm kept hidden in my office so if anyone asks us for money the lads can say I'm not in. Thank goodness tomorrow is Wednesday, fingers crossed that my Mum will be in an ok mood...

On a more diet subject, I think I'm going to give sw another whirl for a bit. I need carbs when I'm tired and it's cold, so I'm going to start tomorrow. I'll have a flick through my books tonight and remind myself what I can have. I mustn't get back into my old habit of eating rubbish all the time though because I really started to feel yucky on it. Feel free to tell me where I'm going wrong, apart from the fruit and veg thing where I promise I will do my best :)

That must be awful having to hide in case someone wants some money. I firmly believe that if bossess spoke to and listened to their staff more often, they would find out how much more staff know what to do about what is going on.

As for diet, promise won`t go on about fruit and veg. Do your best Mandy.

Doreen

Look up magnesium..... it helps with anxiety and if taken at bedtime helps with sleep.... particularly if you can't sleep 'cos your mind is overfull. Xx

Look up magnesium..... it helps with anxiety and if taken at bedtime helps with sleep.... particularly if you can't sleep 'cos your mind is overfull. Xx

Very good point! Mandy - if you're returning to Green days with SW, you could have nuts as a HExB; nuts provide magnesium.

Pleased your back is improving, but sorry about the work situation which I guess will not be helping you to sleep.

Back