Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

Aw I'm glad you're feeling better with your back and that you're giving sw another go - as Doreen said, do your best and just see how you get on and if I were you I wouldn't get hung up on the super free front.

I hope work gets a bit better for you, sounds hard at the minute. Managers are notorious for not listening to their staff aren't they! Hopefully it will get sorted son, at least you have your day off tomorrow. Hope your mums happy for you and that you have a good day :) x

Hi Mandy. Work sounds v stressful at the mo, doesn't help with sleep or diet. Curaheat pads are quite good for bad backs, just a pad that warms up on the skin, no medication in them as they just provide heat at the point of pain. Others contain things so you just have to watch using creams or other medications by checking their leaflet. Just a thought as bad backs are so painful and really affect how you feel. Sounds like the boss is stressed and you're getting the brunt which is not on xx Good luck with the SW plan.

Thursday 16th January - Green Day :D

I'm back!
I can't believe how quickly you forget everything... I had an app on my last phone that I'd put all my favourite food syns on and it was really easy to track from, and it doesn't exist anymore :mad: so I've very grudgingly joined sw online, then I remembered that it really isn't very good grrrr. The only good thing is I got 3 months for £49.95 and that includes 7 magazines, but I'm still annoyed because I'd promised myself I wasn't going to chuck any more money at diet clubs. My subscription will run out the day before my Birthday which will be a good date for a mini target, and I'm determined not to waste the money again.
My starting wi yesterday (after pre-diet pig out) was 10 stone 13.25, and I did pretty much stick to plan (or what I could remember of it)
Here we go again...

A - Milk
A -
B - Bran flakes
B -

Breakfast - Bran flakes and milk

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Five bean chilli and rice

Snacks - Dunno yet

Keep going Mandy. I did a green day yesterday and liked it for a change. May well turn today`s diary to green too.

It s so hard the more we stop and start eh? I am feeling positve and hope that continues.
Hope work is a little better now.

Love Doreen

By the way am away at the weekend Fr pm to probably Mon am so maybe no diaries.

TBH 3 months membership and a year's subscription to the magazine isn't too bad for £50. It's when you start to pay monthly that the value for money is shocking. Just remember to print off the lists of HExs before your membership expires and swot up on the Syn values of things you like to eat. I know it's a extra expense, but it might be worth purchasing the Syn directories?

Food for today is looking good.

I'm sad to say that I have a sw pack from group last year and the food directory, I'm just a saddo who likes apps! I've already cancelled my membership, so it'll just end after the 3 months. Today ended up being a bit confused, it was the same until I got home and then was as follows

Dinner - Cod in breadcrumbs (3.5) with mushy peas, extra cod (4)

Snacks - Celebration (2) weetabix muffins (3) muller light dessert (4.5)

Synage - 17 oops!

Friday 17th January

I need to do a better job today and get my syns under control, or I'll not be able to get back on the wine in February :D
I also think I've probably blown my chances of losing 7 pounds in January...

A - Milk
A -
B - Bran flakes
B - Chicken

Lunch - Homemade carrot and coriander soup

Dinner - Maggi Mexican chicken (2) with rice

Snacks - Mullerlight lemon cheesecake (1), supernoodles, green and blacks mini bar (4)

Syns - 7

Syns better so far today :) Good choices is the key, says me who goes up and down like a yoyo. Sausages and chips from chippy last night.

Off to Haverhill now. Have a good weekend Mandy. Keep focused:peep::vibes:

Don't worry - it'll take you a day or two to adjust to SW again. Your plan is looking good for today and you sprinkle some HExA2 on your chicken and flash under the grill, or you could just snack on the cheese later. I would probably have had one or two Babybel Light with the soup, just to make it a slightly more substantial lunch.

Well done on the wine front - you're half way to the end!

Sounds like a lovely food day, Mexican chicken sounds yummy - is it tasty?

It doesn't matter if you don't lose 7lbs this month, as long as you do your best I'm sure you'll still have a good loss - there's always February ;)

How was work in the end - glad it's Friday lol? X

It was all change again yesterday, as we went out for tea. I had spaghetti bolognese and skipped a couple of my treats so I should've been within syns.
I'm supposed to be meeting a friend who I haven't seen for ages this afternoon, if she doesn't cancel me again. I'm not sure I can be bothered going because she's one of those who never shuts up and isn't remotely interested in anything you have to say. I wouldn't bother if I had anything else planned, there is always the chance that she might be ok...

Food

A - Milk
A - Cheese
B - Bran flakes
B - Chicken

Lunch - Rest of carrot and coriander soup (good idea about cheese Patty)
Why does homemade soup never taste very exciting?

Dinner - Yesterday's Mexican chicken (2) with rice
Becky, all the maggi so juicy seasonings are worth trying. The Mexican one is chicken breasts, red onion and peppers, you chuck it all in the bag with the seasoning and 40 minutes later you have a tasty meal. It's 5.5 syns for the whole pack and even I eat the veg because it's so nice.

Snacks - Mullerlight dessert (5)

Syns so far - 7

It was all change again yesterday, as we went out for tea. I had spaghetti bolognese and skipped a couple of my treats so I should've been within syns.
I'm supposed to be meeting a friend who I haven't seen for ages this afternoon, if she doesn't cancel me again. I'm not sure I can be bothered going because she's one of those who never shuts up and isn't remotely interested in anything you have to say. I wouldn't bother if I had anything else planned, there is always the chance that she might be ok...

Food

A - Milk
A - Cheese
B - Bran flakes
B - Chicken

Lunch - Rest of carrot and coriander soup (good idea about cheese Patty)
Why does homemade soup never taste very exciting?

Dinner - Yesterday's Mexican chicken (2) with rice
Becky, all the maggi so juicy seasonings are worth trying. The Mexican one is chicken breasts, red onion and peppers, you chuck it all in the bag with the seasoning and 40 minutes later you have a tasty meal. It's 5.5 syns for the whole pack and even I eat the veg because it's so nice.

Snacks - Mullerlight dessert (5)

Syns so far - 7

Hope lunch goes better than expected..... or you could always cancel on her, but she might not notice ;)

I went, I was talked at for two hours. I'm completely up to speed with her life, she knows not one single thing about mine. Why do I bother?
Food update, I missed lunch because my ironing took longer than expected, but everything else was the same. I know I've not eaten enough today.
I'm looking forward to having a nice day tomorrow, I have no jobs to do and the sun is supposed to be shining :)

It could have been worse, you could have met for lunch and wasted syns on it too! I wonder what makes some people so self centred? I would love to know what they say when their partners ask about what their friend does/has been up to etc. She must realise at some point that she doesn't know the answer!
Have a good day today, We have blue skies right now down south, hope you do too!

Some people are just weird!
Had a sneaky peek at the scales this morning and things are moving in the right direction. It does always amaze me how sw works.
It's still a bit gloomy here, but the forecast is good. We're still trying to decide what to do at the mo.
Have a good day x

I had a sneeky look too! :D
I agree though, other than enjoying a few glasses of wine now and then I don't really feel deprived. ..

Have planned a 4 mile walk this morning, just rounding up the others! :)

Last edited:
It could have been worse, you could have met for lunch and wasted syns on it too! I wonder what makes some people so self centred? I would love to know what they say when their partners ask about what their friend does/has been up to etc. She must realise at some point that she doesn't know the answer!
Have a good day today, We have blue skies right now down south, hope you do too!

I found this really funny.... my husband would no more ask that kind of question than boil his own head lol

you need nosier friends Mandy lol

Back