Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

Evening!
Just popped on to report a successful sw sort of day. We didn't do much really, Rob risked taking the love of his life out of the garage as the roads were dry and haven't been gritted this week so he was a happy bunny. We went for a drive about, to the farm shop for meat and had a coffee and that was about it. I had planned a walk, but it didn't happen. I really need to get more exercise and some new friends ;-)

Syns - 8
Can't be bothered typing the rest

Evening!
Just popped on to report a successful sw sort of day. We didn't do much really, Rob risked taking the love of his life out of the garage as the roads were dry and haven't been gritted this week so he was a happy bunny. We went for a drive about, to the farm shop for meat and had a coffee and that was about it. I had planned a walk, but it didn't happen. I really need to get more exercise and some new friends ;-)

Syns - 8
Can't be bothered typing the rest

Sounds like a good Sunday! :)
I read it too quickly at first, found myself thinking how different it is in Yorkshire where you go out for meat and a coffee! We have biscuits here!! :eek::D:D

Sounds like a good Sunday! :)
I read it too quickly at first, found myself thinking how different it is in Yorkshire where you go out for meat and a coffee! We have biscuits here!! :eek::D:D

Posh southern Jessies lol

Sounds like a strange friend - surely a 'proper' friend wants to know what's happening in your life too?!

Now what exactly is the love of Rob's life - if it lives in the garage I assume it's something mechanical, but 4 wheels or 2? Or perhaps even 3? Or does he keep something with 4 legs in there? (And I'm sure that YOU are really his main love)!

Hope you got some nice meat for some tasty meals.

You do all make me smile :)
E by gum, us up north do enjoy a nice slab of meat with our coffee lol
I'm ashamed to say the true love of Robs life is a 30 year old ford Capri, I just don't understand, but it keeps him happy, and there are worse hobbies he could have though I struggle to think of one...
Busy day today, started by delivering Mum to the hospital, meeting our accountant to try to make some sense of the mess my job has become, doing said job, then collecting Mum. I've hardly had a chance to think about food which is very unusual for me.

A - milk
A - cheese
B - bran flakes
B - oops, not had

Breakfast - Bran flakes and milk

Lunch - Heinz spaghetti

Dinner - 5 bean chilli and rice

Snacks - babybel and green and blacks mini bar

Syns - 4

And if you can't finish your slab of meat ..... you can always feed it to your whippet.. or carry it home in a flat cap :8855:

Hi Mandy. Meat and coffee huh, least it's not in the words if the goodies 'Ekky thump and black pudding' - I may be showing my age here lol. SW plan looking good. Hope things get better at work for you, sounding quite stressful xx
Ah the goodies, those were the days :)
Hope all is well with you x

Tuesday 21st January

My Mum is 77 today :)
I need to find time to do my diary earlier in the day because I forgot a couple of things yesterday - oops!
Has anyone tried veg boxes? I was wondering if I had a box of the pesky stuff turn up at the house every week if it would inspire me to use it?

Foodage

A - Milk
A - Cheese
B - Bran flakes
B -

Breakfast - Bran flakes

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Bolognese (2) with mushrooms and peppers, pasta

Snackage

Cappuchino 2.5
Mullerlight cheesecake 1
Chocolate 4

Syns - 9.5

I reckon if you really wanted it you would buy it in the shops. You could always try once and see what happens. :)

I like the idea of veg boxes, but I don't think having one delivered would turn a veg hater into a veg lover! Have you tried the frozen steamer bags? An expensive way of buying frozen vegetables I know, but choose carefully so that the mix has some veg in that you are OK with eg peas, and one that you don't like eg green beans. The rule is that each time you use a bag, you must have at least a taste of the disliked veg - use ketchup, gravy or mint sauce etc. if you have to - and each time you must have a little bit more. Eventually, you may get the taste for that veg.( If you like rice, perhaps the Rice Fusions mixes would work for you). This method worked for DD who was well into her teens before she would eat anything other than peas and sweetcorn - now she eats anything other than raw tomatoes!

You are mixing some veg into your Bolognese - I would have added finely chopped onions, carrots and celery as well. Aunt Bessies and Sainsburys both do a frozen mix of these which is a great time saver. But your food is looking good for today, so well done.

(And happy birthday to you Mum!)

Hope your mum has a great day x

Onions and carrot will be going into my Bolognese along with chopped tomatoes. I never think to mention them because I like them, I would put a bit of celery in too but I always end up wasting the rest of the pack when I buy it.
Veg I eat lots of
Tinned tomatoes
Onions
Carrots
Peas
Sweetcorn
Mushrooms and peppers (diced and in something)
Butternut squash
Leeks
All potatoes :)
So in the scheme of things I don't do too badly, I just can't eat a pile of superfree unless it's carrots. I think I've got it into my head that anything I don't like is veg, and anything I do isn't 'proper' veg.
I know...I'm weird!
I'm not keen on frozen veg at all apart from peas.

There's more on that list than I thought you ate! It's quite a variety and a range of colours so I shouldn't worry about liking more provided you regularly eat veg. If you're mixing it into the Bolognese then you're getting a good proportion of superfree in there! If you don't like veg on the side, as in meat and two veg, I guess you're not going to change now!

Not such a bad list after all Mandy.

I know your not a lover of fruit. Have you tried the frozen red berries from supermarket, thawed out - in m/wave if you like, then put yogurt over them. Sometimes I put sweetner on them too. They can be a bit sour. Just a thought.
:airquote:

Not such a bad list after all Mandy.

I know your not a lover of fruit. Have you tried the frozen red berries from supermarket, thawed out - in m/wave if you like, then put yogurt over them. Sometimes I put sweetner on them too. They can be a bit sour. Just a thought.
:airquote:
I've wondered what the berries would be like microwaved, do they go soft and jammy (yum) or stay like a berry (boo)?
Jammy with yogurt mmmmmm

Back