Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

I have tried veg boxes briefly, I wasn't too impressed really, everything was nice and fresh but there was always something "trendy" in there.
I wouldn't have a clue what to do with artichoke for instance, and if a cauliflower isn't white in the middle then it's not a cauliflower!
It became expensive compost! :eek:

You eat quite a lot of veg really! I'm the same with onions and mushrooms - prefer them mixed into things. As long as you do your best and fit in a bit of veg when you can then I wouldn't worry too much. Do you reckon you'll try the veg boxes?

Are you enjoying doing sw again? :) x

I looked into the veg boxes a bit more closely and I don't think I'll bother. I'll go back to my old idea of buying a new 'thing' each week to try.
It'll never last but I am enjoying being back on sw. Tomorrow will tell if I'm achieving anything...wish me luck!

I looked into the veg boxes a bit more closely and I don't think I'll bother. I'll go back to my old idea of buying a new 'thing' each week to try.
It'll never last but I am enjoying being back on sw. Tomorrow will tell if I'm achieving anything...wish me luck!

Good luck Mandy! x

Sent from my smarter than me phone MiniMins.com App

Wednesday 22 January

I lost 1.75 pounds last week! I know it's a good result but it's the same as Sundays sneaky peek so I'm a bit disappointed.
*note to self*
Stop sneaky peeking or accept the consequences!
I hope to lose a pound this week, which might be tricky with being away Friday night, I'll have to try go easy on my syns on other days. Today isn't going to be a good start because I think my mum wants to go to her favourite fish and chip restaurant...

A - Milk
A -
B - Haddock
B - Oats

Breakfast - Oats and muller

Lunch - Fish and mushy peas (will try to remove batter, but how many syns for a bit?)

Dinner - Pasta bake and salad (7.5)

Snacks - Muller light cheese cake (1)

Syns - 8.5 + batter!

Well done! I reckon you can do a pound easy!! :)

I can't help the sneaky peaks either and my weight can go up and down by nearly a pound a day, so I end up praying that the weigh in happens when it shows the lower figure! But if I didn't check I would convince myself that I had put on half a stone and would be a nervous wreck! :D

Well done in your weight loss Mandy. Hope you had a nice day with her mum for her birthday. Weights do vary in the week and can be really annoying, same time each week is a better comparison but we all do it :)

That's actually a good loss - wish I could achieve that!

Have a good day with your mum and try to resist the batter - is there a non-battered option?

Oh and about the berries - microwaved berries don't go 'jammy', but do go soft - and I dare say they'd have to be Synned because they'd count as cooked.

That's actually a good loss - wish I could achieve that!

Have a good day with your mum and try to resist the batter - is there a non-battered option?

Oh and about the berries - microwaved berries don't go 'jammy', but do go soft - and I dare say they'd have to be Synned because they'd count as cooked.

I have checked this and am glad to say they are not synned anymore than if I just let them thaw on their own. I only start them off in the microwave to help them thaw more quickly.

I have checked this and am glad to say they are not synned anymore than if I just let them thaw on their own. I only start them off in the microwave to help them thaw more quickly.

Ah yes - I thaw them in the microwave too for 'free'. To get any hint of Mandy's hoped-for 'jaminess', I think they would have to be cooked, don't you think?

Which reminds me: Marks does a summer fruit compote (in the chilled section near the yogurts) you might like to try, Mandy. 6 Syns for 125 pot. I've only ever seen large pots but don't know the weight of them.

I'm with you on the whole fruit thing, I only really eat apples (which I'm not really a huge fan of, I just eat them because I feel I have to!) but I do want to eat more of it so I'm thinking about being naughty and puree ing some strawberries or something and adding to natural yoghurt to make a smoothie type thing. I know it's a tweak but is only use 4 at the most I reckon. Is this so something you'd consider? Are you a rebel too? Lol x

Ah yes - I thaw them in the microwave too for 'free'. To get any hint of Mandy's hoped-for 'jaminess', I think they would have to be cooked, don't you think?

Which reminds me: Marks does a summer fruit compote (in the chilled section near the yogurts) you might like to try, Mandy. 6 Syns for 125 pot. I've only ever seen large pots but don't know the weight of them.

Yes I you are right there x

Thanks ladies, I've surrendered on the berry front. I'd forgotten about seeds too, they'd ruin it for me. I think I'll stick to proper jam and syn it, I just though it would be a good way to eat some dreaded fruit :D
Yes Becky, I'm a rebel and tweaks like that I would definitely do. People have a bowl of strawberries and yogurt, so if it tastes nicer mixed why not?
I would actually love that but strawberries give me a rash - I'm DOOMED!

Quick catch up on yesterdays syns...

Haddock with a bit of batter I'm calling hexB and 8
Pasta bake 7.5
Celebration 2
Syns - 17.5

Todays food

Breakfast - All bran and milk A+B

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Chilli, mince B with veg and beans, rice

Snacks - Celebration (2) yogurt (1) G&B mini bar (4)

Syns - 7

Superfree is a recommendation to help fill you up. You don't have to have it with a meal using HExs as the portion control is already built in. If you added sf to the JP and beans, would you be eating more or less? Unless the sf would make you choose a smaller JP or have fewer beans, then you would actually be eating more. If you buy your lunch, as opposed to taking your own, then adding sf isn't going to alter the size and the only way sf is going to reduce the amount you eat of the free foods (ie the potato and beans), is if it were to fill you up and make you leave free foods because you're satisfied. I'm unable to do this - I'm programmed to finish the plateful!

I love salad, but I don't think it goes with jp and baked beans. JP and tuna, cheese or cottage cheese then yes, but baked beans are too - well - wet! if I were doing jp and beans at home with plenty of time, then I'd consider adding peppers, onions and mushrooms to the beans and maybe, just maybe, having a slightly smaller potato. But all too often I don't add the sf because the whole point of a jp and beans is that it's a quick, convenient and nutritious meal!

I must say I do agree with Patty. Lots of commen sense comes from this lady, don`t you agree.
Do what your doing Mandy and see what happens. You can`t eat what you don`t like, I like a salad wth JP and beans but don`t have jackets that often at the moment. There ladies at my group that don`t like most of the superfree but still do EE. They say they try not to have too much of everything else. Good luck anyway. xx

Back