Diary of a Pint Sized Pretender

Well done on your loss after your naughty weekend.
wish i could say the same i just stuck @ 9 stone 7 better than a gain tho!! :)

mm jaffa cakes! iv just had a jammy doddger 83 cals OMG badbadbad

hope ur having a nice day!

x

Hi Laura - I'm going next Thursday, the day after my Birthday. In a way it's a bit of bad timing (not that I'm complaining) as I wanted to start my 'new year' being as good as I can - but if I'm going to Italy I don't want to miss out on all the lovely food! So I've just said to myself that I will eat like a 'normal' person (whatever that is) and then start being extra good when I come back.

I can't even begin to think about maintaining yet. Even though I've only got a little left to lose, I can't actually see me getting there yet - I'm worried that my body just won't let it happen! So I'll tackle that when I get there! Lol!

Thanks Jade! Ooh I must stay away from Jammy dodgers then! I love how jaffa cakes are being marketed as 'only' being 1g of fat per cake - but let's be honest - who actually ever only has one?!?!?!

Anyways - back to the food diary.

Everything went well yesterday untill about 3.30pm where I am declaring temporary amnesia and cannot remember a thing that entered my mouth!! Although I am led to believe it included about 4 million calories worth of haribo, takeaway pizza and cookies. Whoops!!

I still went kickboxing, which I'm glad I did, because I'm really getting better at it, but I feel quite bad about the over eating. I'd like to blame it on mental sabotage or something, but really it was just me lacking will power and being greedy!

But I promise myself (and everyone reading) that I will be good today - even if it only lasts just for today!!

Anyway, I'm off to work, and I will resist all temptations of office snacky goodness!! Have a good day everyone!

Hello :) good luck with shifting that last pound for Rome!! Im not jealous at all ........ ;) fancy swapping husbands??? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello, just came on to post good luck and well done on your weight loss, will be following your diary. :D

You're doing great, at least you exercised yesterday. We all have slip ups, and the pizza monster is one of my biggest demons!!

Yes pizza is my thing too so I try to avoid but god help me when my husband suggests an "Allo pizza" eek cannot resist a big fat mexicarno pizza with french style cheesy garlic bread with chips....hmmm I am drooling now :)

We all have blips, heck I have just eaten a row of chocolate from my big bar of cadburys and I am meant to be having a detox week haha sometimes needs are must as long as you enjoy it and get back on track then don't worry about it x

Hello Ladies!!

Well first of all sorry for being AWOL for the last couple of days - work has been manic busy!!

Legomom - unfortunately he's not my husband (yet - I'm working on it ;) lol!) But I'm afraid I'm a very jealous type so I'm going to have to decline ;):D hehe!!

Thanks Goodbyeflab, do you have a diary of your own? It's actually quite fun!! (In a wierd - I have no friends in real life way ;) hehe!)

Thanks Squeezy, Laura and Missy - I can report that I am now fully back on track, although the last three pieces of pizza did happen to make their way to my mouth on Wednesday night (In my defence, I stayed to do 3 hours overtime at work, got home at 8.30 and there was the leftover pizza calling my name - I refuse to feel guilty over it because it's what any 'normal' person would do - and that's what I'm aiming for!)

Anyway, yesterday was much better:

Breakfast: Branflakes and skimmed milk (166)
Lunch: Jacket potato with beans (485 est)
Snacks: Quavers (109) Banana (121)
Dinner: Tesco light choices sausage and mash (350)
Drinks: Tea (52)

Total: 1283

Exercise: 1 hr kickboxing

I'm a daily weigher (I know I shouldn't, but tough :D) and I'm pleased to report that despite pizzagate x2, I have been dead on 8st 0lbs for the last two days. I just need it to shift to slightly below that by Wednesday and I'll be happy. Then I can go to Rome, enjoy myself, come home and tackle any gain and then work towards my first real target of 7st 7lbs.

I'm at work today, then in work for 7am tomorrow for 5hrs overtime, then I'm visiting my parents and going for a meal tomorrow night. It won't be anything fancy so I'm not too worried about the calorie content, but I do have a very bad track record for snacking on all my parents'/sister's junk they have in their house - must resist!!!

How is everyone else getting on?

Great attitude littlenoo. You'll be fine this weekend. Just be mindfull that you are being careful. :)

Squeezy, I wish I had read your post before I went...

I think I should title this post 'Bugger it' because that's essentially how I've felt this weekend. It's been full of family meals, birthday cake and dvd's with popcorn.

Needless to say I'm not entirely happy with myself, so I think the best course of action for the moment is to take it easy over the next couple of days, go to Rome and enjoy myself and then come back to calorie counting as soon as I get back.

I know that I can get to my goal, it's within arms reach, but I think I'll be in a much better place once I'm back from Rome. Sure there will be social situations to tempt me, and visits back home that might throw me off track, but I think I'll be better able to handle them once I've got my trip out the way.

At the risk of going off on a little ramble, I've been thinking a lot about how other people percieve me lately. I'm only five foot tall with a petite frame, so naturally people think I'm quite weak and girly. In actual fact, I kickbox twice a week, I want to join the Police (I'm nearly at the end of the application process for the Special Constabulary), I enjoy action films (although I'm still partial to the drool fest that is Twilight!! ;)) and it's even been suggested that I should have been born a man!!! :eek: But it really annoys me how people automatically assume that because I'm a girl and I'm small, I'm not capable of looking after myself or that I'm physcially inferior to others. So part of the reason why I want to get fit is to prove to some people that actually, even though I may be small, I can still be as fit, or as fast, or as strong, as your average bloke, I think it just takes a little (ok a lot!) more effort.

Anyway, thats kind of my motivation to lose weight really. I want my body to perform the best that it can. I want to be as lean and as strong as I can. As most of you know, if you compete in contact sports like boxing your are put into weight categories, so it's best to have as little fat and as much muscle as possible for your weight. That's what I'm aiming for - maximising what I have.

Anyway, that's definitely turned into a ful blown ramble now, but I know that once I get back from Rome I'm going to concentrate on eating clean and really working on my fitness regime. Hopefully by Xmas I will have made good progress towards 'maximising' my body.

Enjoy the bank holiday!!!

Have a great time in Rome! When you come back you get back to showing them all what you're made of! :)

I think that was a really good and open post - remember it will be here for you to report back to if you feel a wobble coming on!

I hope you have a lovely time in Rome, and come back fighting fit! xxx

Thanks Bostik and Missy!

Rome was lovely - very very hot!! Did lots of walking - so much so that my feet were absolutely killing!! Was practically limping back to the hotel each day!! Was very nice to see all the sights and eat lovely food, and we had a really nice time together :)

The damage is that im now 8st 3.5lbs. Not to worry - i'll be under 8st in around two weeks :)

Only a quick post for now just to let you all know I'm back on track :D and I shall leave the rambling for later!!

Hope everyone is well!! xx

Glad you enjoyed it! Yeah, I'm just back from Barcelona and the amount of walking we did was mental. Feet hurt like mad by the end of each day!

Hey girls!! Thought I'd give a quick little update!

My first week back didn't actually go too well and I ended up gaining weight!! However since Monday I have been back on track and weighed in this morning at 8st 2.5lbs :)

Weekends are always the hardest part of the week so if I can stay this weight come Monday weigh in I will be happy.

Here's a quick overview of my week so far:

Monday: 1127
Tuesday: 1164
Wednesday: 1261
Thursday: 1185 - 268 cals from kickboxing
Friday: 1286

So far that's a net average of 1151 :)

I'm feeling very hungry today and have already had 716 cals (not had dinner yet) OH wants to order a pizza and it's very tempting! However I have a frozen pizza in the freezer that will only set me back 630 cals rather than the 1500+ it will be for a dominos. I guess there is only one choice really. Could really do with a kick up the ass just to make sure I don't cave though!!

I'm hoping to go to the gym tomorrow too. That will be 2 exercise sessions this week. Next week I hope to make it three.

I'm planning a catch up with my uni friends in 4 weeks and would like to feel (and look) a bit slimmer by then. I wonder what I should aim for? Maybe 7st 10lbs? That's 6.5lbs. I'm sure that's doable! Wish me luck! x

Hey girls!! Thought I'd give a quick little update!

My first week back didn't actually go too well and I ended up gaining weight!! However since Monday I have been back on track and weighed in this morning at 8st 2.5lbs :)

Weekends are always the hardest part of the week so if I can stay this weight come Monday weigh in I will be happy.

Here's a quick overview of my week so far:

Monday: 1127
Tuesday: 1164
Wednesday: 1261
Thursday: 1185 - 268 cals from kickboxing
Friday: 1286

So far that's a net average of 1151 :)

I'm feeling very hungry today and have already had 716 cals (not had dinner yet) OH wants to order a pizza and it's very tempting! However I have a frozen pizza in the freezer that will only set me back 630 cals rather than the 1500+ it will be for a dominos. I guess there is only one choice really. Could really do with a kick up the ass just to make sure I don't cave though!!

I'm hoping to go to the gym tomorrow too. That will be 2 exercise sessions this week. Next week I hope to make it three.

I'm planning a catch up with my uni friends in 4 weeks and would like to feel (and look) a bit slimmer by then. I wonder what I should aim for? Maybe 7st 10lbs? That's 6.5lbs. I'm sure that's doable! Wish me luck! x

Why not have just one slice of your OH's pizza and have your frozen pizza? At least that way you have had some of the naughtier pizza, but not a full one! x Or if you do end up getting the domino's pizza, don't feel guilty about it, enjoy it, it's a one off! :)

And good luck :-D

Thanks goodbyeflab! In the end I had the frozen pizza, but also had some potato wedges with it. Ended the day on 1696, which is just over maintenance, so it wasn't too bad.

Jumped on the scales again this morning - I know i'm bad! But it did say 8st 0.75lbs!!! So there you are, I think I've found the weight loss secret we've all been looking for - pizza!! lol!! No i just think it's a one off but like I said, if I can weigh in tomorrow at anything under 8st 2.5lbs I'll be really happy :)

Today so far I've just had a bowl of branflakes and a cup of tea. I've got housework to do and then need to nip to the supermarket for some dinner for later. I've got quite a bad headache so might not fit any exercise in. If that's the case I'll have just done the one session this week, and I'm aiming to up it gradually to 4 sessions a week. I think next week i'll just aim to do my two kickboxing classes and go from there.

Not sure what is for dinner tonight but hoping to stay within calories due to weigh in tomorrow. Even though I went over yesterday it could have been so much worse with dominos starters, half a greasy pizza and then cookies after, so I'm actually quite pleased. I want to feel like I'm eating like a normal person - not starving myself one day and then having a massive blow out the next!

Anyway, hope everyone has a good weekend and good luck to all those Monday weighers! xxx

Yesterday was a really good day. Ate lightly throughout the day so I could enjoy a meal with OH in the evening - lasagne and cheesy garlic bread - not as bad as you might think! Ended the day on 1130 which I was mega pleased with.

And the results of weigh in this morning are...... -4lb!! :D

Very happy with that!! If I can just lose 2 more lb this week then I'll be under 8st and it will just be the final push then to 7st 7lb. I'll see how I feel when I get there if I want to lose any more.

Anyways I best get ready for work, hope everyone has a good day!!! xx

Back