ProPoints Diary of a podgy bride (sigh)...

Yet again, I am not looking forward to WI tomorrow.

I have been absolutely spot on all week but I have been peeking at the scales which were showing STS until this morning. Then they showed a 1lb loss (would be happy enough with that) but I have just come back from my Couch to 5k run and since starting, I have always gained a pound on the scales the next day.

I know it can't be fat going on so I don't worry about what the scales say in that respect but I will be seriously hacked off if I record a gain at WI.

Hey Sweetie, I'm sure you will get a STS at the very least but I have a good feeling that you will get a loss. Keeping everything crossed for you.xxxxxx

Hey Sweetie, I'm sure you will get a STS at the very least but I have a good feeling that you will get a loss. Keeping everything crossed for you.xxxxxx

Well it certainly worked Serena! I'm so glad the scales registered a loss - 1.5lb.

Well it certainly worked Serena! I'm so glad the scales registered a loss - 1.5lb.

Whoop Whoop! Well Done Sweetie :) How have u been getting on since you posted? X

Well I am back from my holidays and a business trip (back to back). Our all inclusive holiday was great - a week in the sun with enough exercise to keep the weight steady. I had one glass of wine and one bottle of non-alcoholic beer, the rest of the time it was diet coke, water and coffee. I tried to be sensible at the AI buffet but I overdid it on a couple of nights. I had a blue cheese and crackers fest one night and a dessert fest on another. The food was all cooked in olive oil so I ate fruit, yogurt and salad in abundance. I had veggies, rice and protein as much as possible and managed to stay the same by the end of that first week, which delighted me!

I then had a business trip which took me to London and Malta, involving drink and lots of three course meals. I knew I had put a bit on, despite choosing fish and chicken throughout. I weighed in today and according to the WW scale I gained half a pound whereas on my own I gained a pound. I am perfectly delighted with that though!

I am back on it as from this morning! x

Well I am back from my holidays and a business trip (back to back). Our all inclusive holiday was great - a week in the sun with enough exercise to keep the weight steady. I had one glass of wine and one bottle of non-alcoholic beer, the rest of the time it was diet coke, water and coffee. I tried to be sensible at the AI buffet but I overdid it on a couple of nights. I had a blue cheese and crackers fest one night and a dessert fest on another. The food was all cooked in olive oil so I ate fruit, yogurt and salad in abundance. I had veggies, rice and protein as much as possible and managed to stay the same by the end of that first week, which delighted me!

I then had a business trip which took me to London and Malta, involving drink and lots of three course meals. I knew I had put a bit on, despite choosing fish and chicken throughout. I weighed in today and according to the WW scale I gained half a pound whereas on my own I gained a pound. I am perfectly delighted with that though!

Hey Maria! Wow you've had a busy couple of weeks! Have passport, will travel eh ;-) Well Done on your half/one pound loss, you clearly made some fantastic choices and should be very proud of yourself. How does it feel to be back home and back on track? X

Hey Maria! Wow you've had a busy couple of weeks! Have passport, will travel eh ;-) Well Done on your half/one pound loss, you clearly made some fantastic choices and should be very proud of yourself. How does it feel to be back home and back on track? X

Hi Serena, it was a slight gain rather than a loss but I was very pleased that it was a small gain.
It feels good to be home and back on track - I think it makes you a bit anxious when you aren't in control of what you are eating.
How have you been? Have you hit target yet? I think I read a couple of your posts that suggested you had not had a great couple of weeks. Is that right and are you back on track again now? x

Hi Serena, it was a slight gain rather than a loss but I was very pleased that it was a small gain.
It feels good to be home and back on track - I think it makes you a bit anxious when you aren't in control of what you are eating.
How have you been? Have you hit target yet? I think I read a couple of your posts that suggested you had not had a great couple of weeks. Is that right and are you back on track again now? x

I've had an AWFUL couple of weeks and unfortunately I'm back on track now and my IBS has flared (It doesn't like healthy lol) so I'm blocked up. I'm still 1lb away from goal, so close but yet so far!!! X

I've had an AWFUL couple of weeks and unfortunately I'm back on track now and my IBS has flared (It doesn't like healthy lol) so I'm blocked up. I'm still 1lb away from goal, so close but yet so far!!! X

I used to suffer from IBS until I gave up white flour products. If I stay away from white bread, pizza and pasta it doesn't seem to bother me any more.
Hope it eases off asap.
Although you have had an awful couple of weeks, you don't seem to have gained so that is good news. x

I used to suffer from IBS until I gave up white flour products. If I stay away from white bread, pizza and pasta it doesn't seem to bother me any more.
Hope it eases off asap.
Although you have had an awful couple of weeks, you don't seem to have gained so that is good news. x

I did skip one WI as I was too much of a wuss lol. My Ibs is triggered by Fruit, Veg, Milk :-( x

You did so well on hols and only gained a little that is great. Sounds like you had a fab time too and didnt stress too much over your diet

You did so well on hols and only gained a little that is great. Sounds like you had a fab time too and didnt stress too much over your diet

I have to be honest sweet as pie - I did stress a little but I just worked on getting plenty of exercise. I made sure I got plenty of walking in and I also continued with my Couch to 5k programme. I managed 2 x 25 minute early morning runs (which is epic for me!) but then had to walk round with a face the colour of a stop-light for the rest of the day. That said, I was absolutely made up with just a small gain.

I did skip one WI as I was too much of a wuss lol. My Ibs is triggered by Fruit, Veg, Milk :-( x

Blinkin eck, pretty much everything a veggie can eat then! x

Blinkin eck, pretty much everything a veggie can eat then! x

Yep! It Sucks! When I go through my 'eat every piece of rubbish in sight' phase then I'm absolutely fine, how ironic is that! X How are u doing today Sweetie? Any plans for the weekend? X

I thought I'd really crashed and burned yesterday. For the first time since I have been on-plan, I was fancying a load of crap food so I bought some curly wurlies and some WW cookies but managed to eat 2 x CW's and 2 x packs of cookies. I then got home and just wanted carbs so I had 3 slices of toast. I totted it all up this morning and I went over my dailies by about 4 points, which is a result!

I realise I can go "off" and recover from it provided I am accountable for my actions and carry on tracking. I am learning more every day and I really do feel that this is a "do-able" diet for life.

I thought I'd really crashed and burned yesterday. For the first time since I have been on-plan, I was fancying a load of crap food so I bought some curly wurlies and some WW cookies but managed to eat 2 x CW's and 2 x packs of cookies. I then got home and just wanted carbs so I had 3 slices of toast. I totted it all up this morning and I went over my dailies by about 4 points, which is a result!

I realise I can go "off" and recover from it provided I am accountable for my actions and carry on tracking. I am learning more every day and I really do feel that this is a "do-able" diet for life.

Here Here! I definitely don't know of a diet where I can eat what I want like this one!!!! Mmmmmm Toast, I love my carbs lol x PS-Well Done for pulling it back and not totally pressing the self destruct button!!! X

I often find that, when you have a bad day you think you have done so bad and before i would have just given up but now i count it and most of the time i find that it is not as bad as i though it was. Well done on limiting yourself to and hopefully it will pay off for your at WI

Thanks ladies. You are right - it is easy to say ah sod it, there's no point in being good now. That's what I used to do so I am certainly learning!

Thanks ladies. You are right - it is easy to say ah sod it, there's no point in being good now. That's what I used to do so I am certainly learning!

That's cos you're a Mini now! X

I hate it when you have little control over what you eat.

I had a trip to London this week and we were unexpectedly taken out to lunch. The menu was very small with no salads and were very calorific. The same evening we were entertaining clients and had lots of wine, which resulted in a rare hangover the next day. Breakfast was spent in Gatwick Wetherspoons, which was so greasy.

On the plus side, I have just pointed everything up (with guesstimates) and am still within my weekly points (with 20 to spare) and I weighed myself and have not gained (phew). I will have to be good as gold between now and WI on Wednesday.

I also managed a Couch to 5k session, having not run for well over a week due to a bad cold, which I originally thought was flu. I am pleased to say I managed the full 25 minute without stopping and am feeling considerably more angelic than I did yesterday. xx

I hate it when you have little control over what you eat.

I had a trip to London this week and we were unexpectedly taken out to lunch. The menu was very small with no salads and were very calorific. The same evening we were entertaining clients and had lots of wine, which resulted in a rare hangover the next day. Breakfast was spent in Gatwick Wetherspoons, which was so greasy.

On the plus side, I have just pointed everything up (with guesstimates) and am still within my weekly points (with 20 to spare) and I weighed myself and have not gained (phew). I will have to be good as gold between now and WI on Wednesday.

I also managed a Couch to 5k session, having not run for well over a week due to a bad cold, which I originally thought was flu. I am pleased to say I managed the full 25 minute without stopping and am feeling considerably more angelic than I did yesterday. xx

I think the great thing with WW is that it does fit around life, not that life has to fit around it! Well Done for being within Weeklies (With 20 to spare no less!) and for your STS, even if it was a sneaky Mid-Week WI ;-) Will u use the remaining 20 before Wednesday or will u just stick to your Dailies? X

Back