Diary of a Wino

Morning peeps,

Been really busy last couple of days getting paperwork done for the move. Plus a visit to the doctor who has put me on metformin.

Cooked a lovely moussaka last night and used creme fresh with the egg on top. I didn't drain the oil from the mince......is that right?

About an hour after eating I had a really bad belly and was in and out of the loo. Expect that's down to the tablet I took. Hopefully will settle down as I've got to get up to three a day at some point.

Made a ham salad with mayo and cheese for my lunch today. Thinking of belly pork slices with cabbage and leek cooked in philli for dinner tonight. Only problem is I can eat a whole pack of belly pork in one sitting!

Hope you're all enjoying the sun :0)

Whenever you're ready lol ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1373480640.704451.jpg

Morning peeps,

Been really busy last couple of days getting paperwork done for the move. Plus a visit to the doctor who has put me on metformin.

Cooked a lovely moussaka last night and used creme fresh with the egg on top. I didn't drain the oil from the mince......is that right?

About an hour after eating I had a really bad belly and was in and out of the loo. Expect that's down to the tablet I took. Hopefully will settle down as I've got to get up to three a day at some point.

Made a ham salad with mayo and cheese for my lunch today. Thinking of belly pork slices with cabbage and leek cooked in philli for dinner tonight. Only problem is I can eat a whole pack of belly pork in one sitting!

Hope you're all enjoying the sun :0)

Metformin can give you the sheets! I came off it after hearing bad things about it plus I couldn't be sociable any more because I hate using public loos for the you know what so I got to the point I was panicking about going out.

my dr advised me to stick with it and get past the first few weeks and it would be ok but I ws a wimp. I often think about going back on it but not sure.

Claire your menus are looking great by the way :)

Thanks Goldi. I have had a bad belly but had about 10 minutes warning. I'm going to stick it out no matter what as I'd really like to see if it works. I've never had periods so to speak unless on the pill but more of a very light half day every few months. It's been 7 months with nothing now so would be lovely to have some normality although unlikely. How long did you stick with it?

Woke up this morning feeling much less bloated and have lost 1lb this week which I'm very happy with. Especially considering the amount of wine I drank Friday, Saturday and Sunday! Now I'm on these tablets ill be avoiding the booze.

Wasn't hungry at all but ate 3spoons of cottage cheese, a piece of cheese and a coffee with cream, just so I could take the met. I've made a yummy name salad with mayo and cheese for lunch and thinking of trying the quiche for dinner if I can find the recipe. I think it was eggs mixed with cottage cheese and whatever filling I fancy (be mushrooms and broccoli probably) but ill have a nosy.

My quiche is all sloppy :cry:I've drained it so hoping it will set otherwise I'll have to find something else to eat. Blardy useless lol

Hi Claire,

Welcome x....your doing good, menus have plenty of lovely greens. Good luck on your journey x.

Good morning,

Hope you got some tea last night after the quiche didn't co-operate :-/

Good morning,

Hope you got some tea last night after the quiche didn't co-operate :-/

Morning Busy. It wasn't too had actually but think ill put some herbs in it next time to give it more taste

Yeah I'm a big fan of herbs and spices. The quiche actually sounds lush for hot days with a salad.

I didn't have it with a salad bit I will next time. Need to be clean and green now as just ate a bag of revels oops

I didn't have it with a salad bit I will next time. Need to be clean and green now as just ate a bag of revels oops

bet they tasted so lush though, I'm jealous of a cheater here ;)

hope you are keeping well?

Morning ladies :0)

I'm very good thank you. Had an Indian last night but could only manage half. Totally lost appetite which can't be a bad thing lol. Had a herbal tea this morning which was all I could manage.

How are you getting on? Loving the weather I bet. Have been cleaning all morning ready for inspection to see if can do the homeswap. As soon as he's gone I'm going out in the garden to potter around and catch some sun yay

Back