Diary of a yummy mummy hidden in a blobby body

Opps sorry Zazu! I misread your post! 10 stone is a decent amount, but with all the support on the forum you will do great.

Sammy nice to see another horse owner on here. I stopped riding about 4 months ago when I got to over 14.5 stone. I have a 15hh Gypsy cob, who is actually capable of carrying more than that but I wasnt comfy. I have piled on almost 2 stone since then! Probably miserable as cant ride. So need to shift this weight to get back in the saddle!

Well I am pleased to have got through my first weekend TS!

It was really hard yesterday as I was so hungry and so tired. But today I have been full of beans and not hungry.

So full of beans I have managed to clear out 17 black bags of stuff from my house. We are moving in 2 weeks and we have tonnes of stuff to clear before we go. But I now have 2 rooms ready to pack into boxes as they are. Only another 6 to go!

I have found it really hard to drink enough water the last couple of days. So that is my focus the next couple of days. I have also noticed that eating my first food pack later in the day makes it easier. So I will try and do my first food pack after the school run in future.

How have your weekends been? Hows it going Kizzle?

Ive got a big old coloured cob too, called Tommy :) who I am back riding now, I was 16 stone at one point so wouldnt even ride him then but I started riding him when I got to 13 stone but I also breed coloured sports ponies and need to get to 10 stone to be able to ride my sports pony stallion and probably closer to 9 stone before I would happily take him into the show ring or jump him

Hi Sammy, so your in the coloured cob club too! I also just notice we are the same height and have the same target. I think I started 6lb's heavier than you though!

Well today has been easier but harder, if that is possible.

I feel like I have a urine infection. Yuk. Which is driving me mental. Pee-ing every 10 mins, and almost nothing. Really sore. I am drinking for England. But it is not fun.

On a positive note there is no hunger pangs at all so far today.

But I did just read a chinese takeaway menu from cover to cover!

Yeah most of mine are coloured, all the foals I breed are coloured but some of my broodmares are solid.

10 stone is my first target weight but Im really small framed and I dont carry weight well, so Im going to see how I feel when I get to 10 stone and might keep going until I get to 9 stone, we'll see when I get there :)

Hey M&m I'm doing great thanks day 5 here and cant wait for day 6!!! I'm loving this diet atm! what you been up to?

Hi all

Well today I am feeling really good. definitely in K I think. I am full of energy and dotn have the ups and downs of my previous carb fuelled day. Having a steady stream of energy is fab.

Yesterday I struggled as I felt like I had a urine infection, but by the end of the day I was ok again , and fine today too. I wonder if it was the change into K that my bladder was reacting to? Either way glad it is better.

I went and had my hair cut today! First time in 13 months...no, really. The last time I had it done was for a family do. This time I did it just for me! And I feel really good. It changes my face so much as when it is long it goes thin and flat and it makes me feel like I have a huge face. But with it shorter and with more body it seems to have a face minimising effect!

Other thing to note is my jeans feel more comfortable and I can get my belt done up on the next hole! woo-hoo. I am only 5lb down so far this week, and a bit disappointed. But saying that I am chuffed about the clothes and belt and evergy levels.

I am not finding it too hard to stick to the 100% I have had zero cheats since the planned chinese buffet nightmare of last friday. In fact I find it easier not to have to think about food. I just reach for a pack and thats it.

I am still obviously cooking for the family, but dont mind too much. What I have noticed is how my habit for picking up bits as I am cooking must have been having an impact on my calories. I catch myself going to nick a bit of food and then stopping myself. I dont really want the food, and certainly not bothered about not munching on a bit of kiddie food. But how many times a day/week was I doing this without even realising!

Oh, I have also discovered my favourite flavour shake! Vanilla with one sweetener and a pinch of cinnamon! OMG! heaven. I now have 3 ways of doing Vanilla, normal, with coffee or cinnamon! YUM!

Sammy: I am sure you will do great getting to you goal, riding those coloured sports pony's will do it!

Kizzle: Glad to see it is still going so well. I see you are 8lb down! That is amazing! How is Mr. Kizzle doing?

I am not finding it too hard to stick to the 100% I have had zero cheats since the planned chinese buffet nightmare of last friday. In fact I find it easier not to have to think about food. I just reach for a pack and thats it.

I am still obviously cooking for the family, but dont mind too much. What I have noticed is how my habit for picking up bits as I am cooking must have been having an impact on my calories. I catch myself going to nick a bit of food and then stopping myself. I dont really want the food, and certainly not bothered about not munching on a bit of kiddie food. But how many times a day/week was I doing this without even realising!

Fab! A new haircut too :wee:

Isn't it fab not having to work out calories, points etc. I found that a taste of this or a bit of left-over that was going in my mouth out of habit before, because I have had to consciously stop myself doing it!! It's not that I want or need it it's just there!
You're doing really well and staying strong, well done xx

Hi all

Well today I am feeling really good. definitely in K I think. I am full of energy and dotn have the ups and downs of my previous carb fuelled day. Having a steady stream of energy is fab.

Yesterday I struggled as I felt like I had a urine infection, but by the end of the day I was ok again , and fine today too. I wonder if it was the change into K that my bladder was reacting to? Either way glad it is better.

I went and had my hair cut today! First time in 13 months...no, really. The last time I had it done was for a family do. This time I did it just for me! And I feel really good. It changes my face so much as when it is long it goes thin and flat and it makes me feel like I have a huge face. But with it shorter and with more body it seems to have a face minimising effect!

Other thing to note is my jeans feel more comfortable and I can get my belt done up on the next hole! woo-hoo. I am only 5lb down so far this week, and a bit disappointed. But saying that I am chuffed about the clothes and belt and evergy levels.

Oh, I have also discovered my favourite flavour shake! Vanilla with one sweetener and a pinch of cinnamon! OMG! heaven. I now have 3 ways of doing Vanilla, normal, with coffee or cinnamon! YUM!

Sammy: I am sure you will do great getting to you goal, riding those coloured sports pony's will do it!

Kizzle: Glad to see it is still going so well. I see you are 8lb down! That is amazing! How is Mr. Kizzle doing?

I'm now 10lb down with WI day 2 moro (didnt want anyone to know about my scale hopping! haha) and Mr K is down 5lb so everything is good in the kizzle household!

Well this afternoon things got really hard and I was really hungry. I was so tempted to have an extra packet. But I resisted. I had a coffee and 2 glasses of water instead which bought me and extra two hours before my evening shake which I have just had now. Chocolate. Which I was slightly underwhelmed by and might make it a mocha next time.

I am really enjoying the continued energy levels. I have been doing loads of housework and I have so much more patience with the children. It is so nice!!!

I am obsessing about food! I have read two receipe books cover to cover today....I have never done that in my life! But it is actually really good fun! oh dear. I read on low fat cookbook that hubby bought me for my birthday. I am definitely going to have a go at some receipes when I am maintaining.

I know it is a long way ahead. But I have been trying to decide if perhaps going to slimming world once I reach my Exante goal would help me maintain??? I am really worried about going back onto food as the packs are great. No calorie counting and portion measuring. I also feel like I am learning about carbs. I never realised how much were in fruit even! I like the theory behind slimming world but havent done it, only seen the website. Any one know what it is like? easy/hard?

Well this afternoon things got really hard and I was really hungry. I was so tempted to have an extra packet. But I resisted. I had a coffee and 2 glasses of water instead which bought me and extra two hours before my evening shake which I have just had now. Chocolate. Which I was slightly underwhelmed by and might make it a mocha next time.

I am really enjoying the continued energy levels. I have been doing loads of housework and I have so much more patience with the children. It is so nice!!!

I am obsessing about food! I have read two receipe books cover to cover today....I have never done that in my life! But it is actually really good fun! oh dear. I read on low fat cookbook that hubby bought me for my birthday. I am definitely going to have a go at some receipes when I am maintaining.

I know it is a long way ahead. But I have been trying to decide if perhaps going to slimming world once I reach my Exante goal would help me maintain??? I am really worried about going back onto food as the packs are great. No calorie counting and portion measuring. I also feel like I am learning about carbs. I never realised how much were in fruit even! I like the theory behind slimming world but havent done it, only seen the website. Any one know what it is like? easy/hard?

I'm going to be using slimming world to mantain, and yeah it's a great eating plan! i did it before and lost 4 stone. I couldnt reccomend it highly enough.

So today continues with the increased energy levels, which is actually really fun! And I am much less moody too. I didnt realise I was until feeling the difference now.

I bought another new dress for my cousins wedding yesterday. And it was a bargain at £25. I had bought a dress from Monsoon, which I really like at £65. But it was a size 22 and was way to big on top, and fitted fine round the bum. I was planning to alter it to fit, but the dress I got in *whispers* sainsbury's is an 18! and fits really nicely, but if I loose more weight in the next few weeks, it should still fit. It is a black tea dress with little white dots and slightly floaty sleeve which cover the should area. Hubby loves it. Which is great....lots of compliments! It is shorter than I would normally wear, but he says it looks young. As long as it isnt mutton, I dont care. I have got to run it by some friends to see if hubby is correct or he just likes it coz it is a little short! I have to get all the other bits for it too. Cardi, fascinator, shoes, tights. But I am really chuffed with it. And the price is even better!

I am slightly gutted to find out today that we may not be moving for another month or so. We thought it would be in the next 2 weeks, but there is still more to do according to my solicitor. So that is annoying.

As for Exante. It is becoming more normal. I am loving the routine or having a bar on the go at about 9.30-10am and today I am going to hold of til 2pm for a shake. Yesterday I had it too early and paid for it with hunger pangs at 5pm. Strawberry today.

I have discovered Sainsbury's classic diet coke! OMG what a treat to drink something fizzy. I suffer from aspartame headaches and palpatations so cant drink diet coke or other similar stuff, but the fact that classic coke is aspartame free it a great discovery. I had 2 cans yesterday plus 2 cups of coffee, and 3 litres of water.

Today I am aiming for at least 3 litres of water and no more than 2 cokes and 2 coffees. I lost another 1lb overnight, so now I am 6 down. Which is got but not as good as some peeps have managed. Mind you I have done almost zero exercise this week. Been busy and preoccupied. But I have checked out the local leisure centre and I should be able to fit in an aquafit class and a pilates class once a week each. The rest of my exercise will come from walking and cycling and generally maintaining an active lifestyle. I cant do running or high impact stuff as I have Hypermobility syndrome. Which causes a lot of joint and muscle pain. Part of the reason I am so keen to get the weight off. But all 4 of those exercises are fine for my condition...they are pretty much to only ones.

I am really excited to get into the 15's which by tomorrow morning I think I may well achieve! Havent seen them for a couple of months so will but chuffed to pieces! Then onwards and down wards to the 14's

I was looking at my xmas target (loose 42 lbs) and I have averaged it out (what I have left) and see that as long as I loose an average of 3lb's a week I will reach it! We have a family christmas dinner planned for the 27th of Dec. Which is when I desperately want to be wearing something nice and feeling really good about my achievement. Also hopefully TC is not to bad for carb avoiding! I will have meat and veg and pass on the yorkie and pots!

I wish I could stop thinking about food!

Hi M&M size 18 woohoo :wee:

You are so determined you will do great. 3lbs a week is a good target you are going to be a knockout at the Christmas family gathering. Enjoy aqua and pilates, great core building exercises and not too strenuous on the joints.

Apologies for the shockingly awful last post with 101 typos and funky size fonts???

Today I am in the 15's woot woot! I am sooooo happy. I am loving this diet.

But I am trying to solve the case of the mystery hand rash and ever changing taste buds?

Over the weekend I noticed a few little dots of a rash, a bit like eczema but spreading and intensely itchy. Now an area about the size of a 10p. All little joined up red shiney dots. Google searches (never to be recommended) have led me to diagnose myself with everything from impetigo to scabies (yuk!). I know it is tiny and sounds like nothing but is irritating and a worry, and I work with kids and horses so dont want to be catching and spreading anything.:eek: Going to go to the pharmacy today and see what they think.

Could it be the recent change in diet? As in, I am suddenly getting all the vits and mins I have never had, given my previous shocking carb junkie diet?

As for the tastebuds....I hate coffee! :confused: Coffee (Nescafe Gold Blend to be specific) is my favourite thing. I used to do 4 to 6 cups a day. I cut it down to 3 since doing Exante and found there was an unpleasant after taste that have never been there before. I am gutted. But now drinking 3 cups of tea a day ....(I never drink tea) and really enjoying it. Seriously odd.

On a downside, I have no bars left. :( and I trying to decide if I can afford to order the bumper pack or not? A month with no solid food doesnt sound like fun. And the convenience of the bars in the car after the school run is fab!

Hows everyone else this a.m?

you can get some tesco ultra slim bars too which are basically the same as the exante ones and are fine to use. Their in packs of 3 and atm are 2 pack for £3.50 may be worth it if you didnt want to spend on another bumper pack just yet,

Your doing really well tho hun. Onwards and downwards xxxx

|I get that hun, they start off like mega itchy little red lumps an after a couple of the days the will almost pop and turn into dry skin. Its just contact dermatitis its nothing to worry about. I used to get it all the time when I worked in nurserys.

Persoanlly id get some bars, now I got them I'm in love with them! haha!

And isnt it weird how are tastes change!

Eventful couple of days...lol well not really.

I got hold of the ultraslim bars, they are ok, not as nice as the Exante ones, but cheaper and nice to have some chocolate. I also picked up 6 Biggest looser ones as they were 37p each! clearance. No wonder they were 37p they were horrid!

Well i had the chicken shish kebab last night with salad but no pitta. It was lovely to taste something else and feel full, but today I have been starving today, so I suspect it impacted ketosis. Then again I have been super busy packing the house to move so maybe burning it up quicker.

Funny how I actually have been more uncomfortable following eating off plan, than sticking to it religiously. There is something comforting to me to know when what and where I am eating, and how I will feel. I love the routine and the stable energy levels.

I am looking forward to another 3 magic packs tomorrow!

Exante is my comfort blanket to!

oops, thats exactly how I feel to!

I am starving right now. I think I came out of K, from eating on Friday and have been knackered and hungry today. Still trying to get back in!

I have been working in the house non stop this weekend trying to declutter and chuck as much as possible to make the packing as easy as possible.

Off to get a cuppa to try and sort the hunger pangs.

Back