ProPoints Diary of Dreamings

Starting again as of today... screwed up, very badly. Seriously badly.

But seem to be back on it today so would rather change WI day than wait til Wednesday with the attitude of "oh well I already messed up, sod it".

Been to M&S and found Macaroni Cheese in their Count on Us range... 10pp and looks gorgeous! Can't wait to try it later.

I'm officially now just "overweight" and not "obese"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

And if I can do maths I've now lost 4 stone!!!! I can't have weighed this little in around 5 years, if not 6.

I could almost cry. I hadn't been pointing or anything but PGCE stress combined with walking around with a heavy bag has led to me losing a bit of weight these past three weeks. And so I got on the scales today to find the best surprise ever :D:talk017::party0048:

I'm officially now just "overweight" and not "obese"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

And if I can do maths I've now lost 4 stone!!!! I can't have weighed this little in around 5 years, if not 6.

I could almost cry. I hadn't been pointing or anything but PGCE stress combined with walking around with a heavy bag has led to me losing a bit of weight these past three weeks. And so I got on the scales today to find the best surprise ever :D:talk017::party0048:

Well done on your lose :)

Well done!!! That's fantastic :)

Hi dreamings - just joined WW so only just read your posts but I hope things are going a bit easier now with the PGCE. I teach as well and have been the but of some very cruel comments about my weight. Most of the time I ignore them as it just gives fuel to the fire with some students. However I did have an incident last year with a group of lads who just would not let it lie. In the end I got them together and gave them the bullying speech, how much their comments hurt, what would they do if someone did it to them etc. It did work but you need to know your students. Get the help of your mentor at school. It is part of their role to support you. Good luck with it all. The PGCE year and first year are tough but it is really worth it in the end. Well done on your great weight losses.

Hi dreamings - just joined WW so only just read your posts but I hope things are going a bit easier now with the PGCE. I teach as well and have been the but of some very cruel comments about my weight. Most of the time I ignore them as it just gives fuel to the fire with some students. However I did have an incident last year with a group of lads who just would not let it lie. In the end I got them together and gave them the bullying speech, how much their comments hurt, what would they do if someone did it to them etc. It did work but you need to know your students. Get the help of your mentor at school. It is part of their role to support you. Good luck with it all. The PGCE year and first year are tough but it is really worth it in the end. Well done on your great weight losses.

Thanks :) Yeah I've heard nothing from those students since, or any others thankfully. Guess I was just angry with those ones. If they try it again they'll definitely get a dressing down from someone- whether it's me or another member of staff if I can't go through with it!

And well done to you on your loss, you've done amazingly!

Really need to get properly back on the wagon this week! I'd just been sort of hanging onto it, trying to keep myself in check but not properly. And I was a greedy pig this weekend.

Don't know how that will work as I have a mega-stressful day on Friday (being filmed teaching! eeeeek) but hopefully it will mean that I won't want to eat 3 days beforehand, and the excess is limited to Friday evening once it's over...

Last edited:
oh wow, so hungry that I've just attacked a (portion controlled) bowl of shreddies like there's no tomorrow (not a massive fan but they came in a multipack).

Can't wait to get back to being used to this amount of food again!

Badly off track again. Well I wasn't trying to be on track. Can't do both at the minute, but 4 weeks of teaching and a school trip left to negotiate. Hopefully by then I will have a job, then I can get back on track over Summer. Just stood on the scales and seen that I need to do a bit of damage limitation for a couple of weeks so will be doing that just to make sure the smaller clothes I was able to buy still fit!

Back