Diary of getting to 8 stone!

Thanks!! would love another 4.5lb off for Christmas so fingers crossed :)

Sat 17th November 8st 11.5lb

Brunch:
coffee and piece of toblerone 3
pitta bread with ham and cheese 4

Lunch:
2 x burritos 16

Dinner:
1/4 of a pizza 3

snacks:
freddo caramel 3
hot choc 1
milka choc 2

Total: 32/24 dailies, 89/84 weeklies

Haven't had the best few days....oops, really need to cop on, starting to feel less and less confident about getting to 8st 7 by xmas, just so many nights out coming up! Originally I wanted to be 8 st 7 by now so that I could just maintain over Xmas! Oh well...

Sunday 18th November

breakfast:

cadburys choc fingers x 4 with coffee
pitta bread with half a rasher and a slice of ham 5

Dinner:
Duck pancakes with plum sauce 12

Snacks:
Lemon cake that my mam made... 4?
Choc 6

Total: 30/26, 91/70 weeklies

Monday 19th Nov 8st 11 - little cousins birthday so sweets..

Breakfast: fruit!

Lunch:
pasta, tomato sauce, chicken- got it in work canteen was awful but ate it anyway grr 12

Dinner:
Indian food with poppadoms and naan bread 16

snacks:
Choc malteaser birthday cake 10
Wine x 3 15

Total: 50/26, 115/70 weeklies

Tues 20 November

Breakfast: fruit!

Lunch:
Indian Beef curry (didn't eat the rice) 14

Dinner:
Small bit of Sheperds pie 4

Snacks:

2 squares of galaxy cookie crumble with my 3pm tea 2
birthday cake 6

Total 26/26, weeklies 115/70

The plan is not to go out this weekend and get down to 8st 9 by the following weekend as I think I have a very, very low chance of losing after that with everything that is coming up!

Oops! I've really slacked with posting! It's cause of guilt! But now that the scales haven't failed me I am gonna start posting again......haha 8st 10.5 so still going down although very slowly! If I get to 8st 9 for Christmas I'll be delighted! :)

Hey! Good luck for your new WW journey! I'll be subscribing for that extra motivation to keep me going! New to this today! x

Thanks, will be posting again once all the Christmas madness is over!!

8st 12.5 on Christmas day, not what I wanted but could have been a whole lot worse!!!!!!

Hi i am new to this site and am happy to see someone of my height and approx weight more or less....i am 5ft 2 inch and weight 9st 2lbs at the moment. my goal wieght is about 8st 5lbs but maybe i should aim lower? going by what your goal is??? i think i would look too thin at that weight though.....i think i am on 29points in the day and 49 at the weekend.... can i ask what you mean by 26 a day and like 72 at the weekend???? how does that work??

Happy Christmas! :)

Thanks! Hope you had a good one!!

Hi i am new to this site and am happy to see someone of my height and approx weight more or less....i am 5ft 2 inch and weight 9st 2lbs at the moment. my goal wieght is about 8st 5lbs but maybe i should aim lower? going by what your goal is??? i think i would look too thin at that weight though.....i think i am on 29points in the day and 49 at the weekend.... can i ask what you mean by 26 a day and like 72 at the weekend???? how does that work??

Hey, yeah we are quite similar! I was at 9st 2 pretty much all year despite being half heartedly on weightwatchers then started losing weight in like Sept/Oct! Lost about 8lb but have put on a bit with Christmas!

I have no idea what I'll look like at 7st 11, I was just aiming for a bmi of 20 but I could decide I'm happy at a higher weight so just gonna see how it goes really!

The points for our weight used to be 29 daily and 49 weekly, last year they changed it to 26 daily and 49 weekly but I find that pretty hard to stick to so I generally try to do the 26 daily and 70 weekly (which would be the extra 3 points a day up to 29 x 7 days = 21. 49 +21 =70). It just works better for me cause I tend to go out a couple of times a week and so need lots of points for the weekend! But really I just mess around with the points to make them suit me and it has worked!

I have been a disaster for last few weeks with all the Christmas madness but when I go back to work and start eating normally and losing again I'll start posting my food! Good luck :)

Thanks! Hope you had a good one!!

Hey, yeah we are quite similar! I was at 9st 2 pretty much all year despite being half heartedly on weightwatchers then started losing weight in like Sept/Oct! Lost about 8lb but have put on a bit with Christmas!

I have no idea what I'll look like at 7st 11, I was just aiming for a bmi of 20 but I could decide I'm happy at a higher weight so just gonna see how it goes really!

The points for our weight used to be 29 daily and 49 weekly, last year they changed it to 26 daily and 49 weekly but I find that pretty hard to stick to so I generally try to do the 26 daily and 70 weekly (which would be the extra 3 points a day up to 29 x 7 days = 21. 49 +21 =70). It just works better for me cause I tend to go out a couple of times a week and so need lots of points for the weekend! But really I just mess around with the points to make them suit me and it has worked!

I have been a disaster for last few weeks with all the Christmas madness but when I go back to work and start eating normally and losing again I'll start posting my food! Good luck :)
Oh yes i see what you mean. the 26 would be impossible for me to stick to. I am always hungry. I am doing the 29 each day and need every bit of it and using between 5 and 7 of the 49 points every day on my treat, so we are doing more or less the same. It is for me trying to eat healthier, i get so down when i see the rubbish i eat. People always asume we are happy with our weight because neither you or i are overweight as such.... I'm probably much older than you, and i have 2 children. I have them eating healthy too with last few days. I hope i can keep it up. I must go for walks with the dog when the children get back to school. You are doing really well, but do you spend alot of your points on sweet things????

Hello! Just stopping by to follow your journey! :)

Hi! Thanks, I am back posting today after Christmas!!

Oh yes i see what you mean. the 26 would be impossible for me to stick to. I am always hungry. I am doing the 29 each day and need every bit of it and using between 5 and 7 of the 49 points every day on my treat, so we are doing more or less the same. It is for me trying to eat healthier, i get so down when i see the rubbish i eat. People always asume we are happy with our weight because neither you or i are overweight as such.... I'm probably much older than you, and i have 2 children. I have them eating healthy too with last few days. I hope i can keep it up. I must go for walks with the dog when the children get back to school. You are doing really well, but do you spend alot of your points on sweet things????

Oh I'm always hungry too! I find that after a few days of being back on plan that my stomach shrinks and I'm not as hungry though, but those first few days are def the hardest!! I know what you mean about the perception on weight loss, sometimes I feel stupid obsessing over losing another stone when I'm already a healthy weight but why not if I will feel better! ha I do spend a lot of my points on sweet things, but mainly alcohol! I am hoping to cut down on both in the new year although I have a big bag of leftover Christmas choc that I'm gonna pace out over the next few months and allow myself a little bit with some tea at work or with coffee at the weekends if I'm studying in the mornings. My biggest downfall is after work when I can just go mad and eat everything so need to work on that!!!

1st day of post Christmas diary! For last few weeks I have been following weightwatchers - trying to stick to maintenance points for 6 weeks now but have been going quite high over even them so I'm not surprised to be starting back with a gain from my lowest hit weight of 8st 10.25 to 8st 13.75 - 3.5lb gain in total over the Christmas season!!!!! :( Last year I lost the exact same 8lbs from Oct to Dec and put on a similar amount over Christmas and then gave up cause was so annoyed and frustrated and ended up hovering between 9st 2 - 9st 5 all year until Oct then lost the same 8lb! So I am NOT waiting until Oct this year!!!!!!!!!

This will be a tough year though, I have major exams on top of a full time job which means my life is pretty much study and work which is stressful so long evenings sitting at the kitchen table studying after a days work means I end up eating all the choc in the kitchen as a treat! Only saving grace is that I only really have time to go out once a week and am gonna be cutting down on the alcohol. Unfortunately this weekend looks very busy with social events Fri, Sat and Sun but if I don't start now I never will!!!!!!

Sorry for the rant :) Will post the diary later, currently studying before work and eating fruit!

Friday 04/01/2013 8st 13.75lb

Definitely not the best start by a long shot but I said I'd start writing here again so here goes......

Breakfast:
apple, peach, pear, grapes 0

Lunch/Dinner:

Dominos medium pizza (1/2 hawaiian, 1/2 meaty) 6 slices- guessing at 6 points each.. :( 36
1/2 panini 6

Snacks:
Roses 3
Milka choc 1

Total: 46 points.

I am trying to stick to 24 dailies this week with 84 weeklies (being the dif of 29 points and 24 = 5 x 7 days = 35 + 49 regular weeklies = 84. I am also carrying forward 54 points that I 'overspent' last week because I haven't done this in like 2 months and I think it's my downfall, starting each week afresh isn't helping! I am hoping that by carrying forward it will stop me eating so much.

So after all that complexity I am now 24/24 dailies and 77/84 weeklies. Have 2 family occasions next 2 days, eeeeeek!

Happy new year! Here's to a new WW start! I'm starting again today... managed to gain about 3lbs over Christmas, I guess it could have been worse!

Good luck!

x

Thanks!! 3lb isn't bad at all!! Good luck with getting back to it, I'm finding it tough! ha

I'm finding it tough too... I do really well during the day and then I get home and remember the stash of chocolate I have hidden away! Too much temptation at home!

But we'll get there! x

There really is!! Work is great cause can't have all the bad things which I want! :)

Keep meaning to write my diary!

Sat and Sun were disasters...86 points Sat and 42 on Sunday due to birthdays and take aways! But have been quite good the last few days so will post from Monday..

Monday 7th January 9st 2.5- the wake up call I needed! I put more on over the last week than I have over actual Christmas!!!!!

Breakfast:
Apple, pear, nectarine, grapes 0

Lunch:
Wrap with breaded chicken goujons, mayonaise and cucumber...guessing 16..

Dinner:
Roasted parsnips and pears with walnuts 3
Half a baked potato with salt (no skin) 2

Snacks:
Lemon cheesecake- last of the weekend leftovers!! 6

Total 27/24 points and 160 out of 84 weeklies...although that includes last weeks so really only 20 over weeklies...eek

Tues 8th Jan 9st 0.25

Breakfast:
Apple, pear, nectarine, grapes 0

Lunch:
Bagel with 2 streaky rashers, goats cheese, cucumber and rocket 13

Dinner:
Spinach and tomato bake 5
half a baked potato 3

Snack:
Hot choc 1
Half a hob nob 1

Total 23/24 points, 159 out of 84 weeklies