Diary of losing my baby weight (now that my son is 5!)

My cleverly planned 10syn day went out the window due to the beautiful creation that is Almond fingers and their nasty 9 syn per finger issues and the fact that I couldnt stop at 1! I had to literally force feed my OH into eating the last one simply so I didnt!

Managed to limit it to 2 fingers in the end, but that and the fact I had forgotten that I had to syn the burger roll put me on 34.5 syns for the day :sign0007:!!!

Not the end of the world, but on saturday I am going with a couple of friends to a Gala meal for one of my friends work conference - so there will be food and wine and a hotel brekky the next day. I need a plan!

I have 3 days to make a difference. Am gonna attempt 3 days at 5 syns per day. I know I can do this. Years ago, before kids, I used to have 0 syns all week, and go to my OH's mate's house on a Friday night and drink bottles of red wine and have a big cheese board and I would consistantly lose weight - and I got to target! I think now-a-days that is called binge-drinking, but back then it was just called drinking!

Anyway, the point being I can have some low syn days - I just have to put my mind to it!

Understandable, I have a weakness for most almond products. God I love marzipan but haven't had any in years but I always want to and knowing you can buy a block of it... lol and almond slices are gorgeous.

But we all slip up at times. For me this week I had 2 triangles of the large 400g bar of Toblerone 'before' looking up the syns!... :rolleyes:

Val72 said:
My cleverly planned 10syn day went out the window due to the beautiful creation that is Almond fingers and their nasty 9 syn per finger issues and the fact that I couldnt stop at 1! I had to literally force feed my OH into eating the last one simply so I didnt!

Managed to limit it to 2 fingers in the end, but that and the fact I had forgotten that I had to syn the burger roll put me on 34.5 syns for the day :sign0007:!!!

Not the end of the world, but on saturday I am going with a couple of friends to a Gala meal for one of my friends work conference - so there will be food and wine and a hotel brekky the next day. I need a plan!

I have 3 days to make a difference. Am gonna attempt 3 days at 5 syns per day. I know I can do this. Years ago, before kids, I used to have 0 syns all week, and go to my OH's mate's house on a Friday night and drink bottles of red wine and have a big cheese board and I would consistantly lose weight - and I got to target! I think now-a-days that is called binge-drinking, but back then it was just called drinking!

Anyway, the point being I can have some low syn days - I just have to put my mind to it!

You can do it! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I got back about an hour ago from my weekend away, had a fab time with some great company. Was great to have some Val time, but am really glad to be back to be home with the family.

Have been 'off plan' since Friday and dont think the dancing last night would've done much to counter the gain I am expecting tomorrow morning. However, rather than waiting till tomorrow to get back into it, I am starting again from now in a move to limit the damage. It is definately 'too little, too late' but I am fully prepared for the consequences. I had a great time, tomorrow will show a little gain, but I have full confidance that with sw I will go onto lose it and more.

Onward and forward ;)

WI today - 2 1/2 on!!! :(

I was expecting it, tho am still a little disappointed, am doing 1 step forward, 3 steps back at the mo! :sigh: Pull yourself together val!! I had a good time - now to deal with it.

Am going to plan my week and keep a written food dairy for the whole week (and not just a couple of days!!) Back to the 3 bottles of water per day as that has been slipping and also the green tea.

I have 4 more wi's before christmas. I am going to set a goal of 8lbs - which I think is realistic - it will be tricky, but I will have to work hard and I know I will get there. :)

I have just re-read my last post and I think 8 lbs will be super tricky given the amount of social events I have planned at the moment. I think I am going to choose a couple of events where I will be drinking and maybe drive for the others. I really want to in a better starting position the other side of christmas than I am at the moment, and the only way to do that is by making a few sacrifices. I just have to remember that further down the track!

Food for yesterday went well. I had a chocolate craving last night and not enough syns left, so I had a chai tea and added a sweetner to it, it was still 2 syns, but way better than chocolate.

Monday EE
B Weetbix and Milk Hex A and B
L Cottage cheese (1/2 syn) on 4 ricecakes (4 1/2 syns) and cucumber
T 3 sw kfc chicken drumsticks mades with beef bovril (cant get chicken here) (3 syns) sw wedges and salad
snacks Cherries, mango, 2 yogurts, aldi popcorn(2.5 syns) Chai tea (2 syns)

Total 12.5 syns

I have worked out a pattern - Mondays usually go well and Tuesdays, well not so well!!!

Started out fine - went to pump, it was tough esp. after not going for a few weeks - will be feeling that tomorrow!! Lunch was an omelette.

For tea I had decided to have a red day and use up a burrito kit I had sat in the cupboard - its a salsa sauce with a packet mix seasoning, I will have lf cheese as a hex A, how bad can it be??? So I had 2 wraps worth and the rest of the family didnt like it, so I had to have another one. 20 mins later I worked out the syns - 8 per burrito!!! Oooops. Thats 24 syns just for my tea!! So I did what any full grown adult would do - had 2 skinny cow ice lollies and a packet of popcorn!!!

WHY DID I DO THAT????!!!!

More importantly - Why do I constantly do that!! I am gonna be 40 years old next year and where food is concerned I am more like my shoe size (and not in European size!!) :giveup:I give up!!

Actually I am not going to give up - today I cannot comprehend what turns me into a bratty kid when I make a silly mistake like not checking the syns and it all goes a bit pants. And honestly, today I am not even gonna try. However, knowing that I will react like that will help me deal with it in the future and it will not kick me off the plan - I am gonna keep going and lose weight inspite of it.

Meanwhile back at the ranch... as I have had 55.5 syns in 2 days I am going for a syn free day today...

Other things happening today - had my hair cut and coloured and my computer keeps telling me it has detected a hard disk problem - oh joy!!

Wednesday went well - not quite a syn free day, but v low. I started off on a red day, but fancied mash spud for tea so switched to ee so had to syn 1/2 hex a that i was over. Plus some cottage cheese that I put in my omelette that was not free. So 4 syns total - am pleased with that. I started getting the munchies around 9pm so I went to be before OH and was asleep before he come to bed. That never happens. I woke up around 4.30 and then at 6 to use the loo. I must be losing water as if I am at the start of my diet again - am hopeful that means am going to have a good loss this week - fingers crossed!!!

Today hopefully am going to bingo, am waiting on a txt msg from one of my friends. Havent been for weeks and it will soon be school hols and cant go cos of the kids. Here they have their 6 week summer holiday over christmas, so they break up around 20th december and it is practically February when they go back to school for the start of a new school year. My daughter will be year 2 and my son will be starting Kindy (I think they call it year R in UK) Am feeling old just thinking about it.

Sorry, am waffling!! will just do my food diary: EE

B: Milk and Weetabix
L: Asparagus and onion omelette with cottage cheese (1 syn) and 21g lf cheese (3 syns)
T: Grilled fish, mashed spud and veggies
Snacks: Banana, grapes, 3 yogurts!!!

In total have used 59 syns in 3 days - so can have 10 syns per day for the rest of the week and I will be right - cool!!

Heyses Val - I'm almost at the top of Diary Mountain :D

Sounds like you should be set for a great loss this week, I know how tricky it can be keeping those pesky syns in check though :rolleyes: All toooo well lately :eek:

Glad you enjoyed your weekend away though - we need these little breaks every now and then. Can be tricky reigning things back in afterwards but we'll keep plodding along slowly but surely I'm certain :)

Were you happy with your hair cut? Still pondering braving a hairdressers again myself (I've been twice... in my 27 and a bit years on Earth :eek:). It's like a reward and a challenge combined for a future loss milestone I reckon :D Amongst all the other anxieties I've no idea what to ask/tell them to do, don't know any hair lingo lol

Mn do you look forward to or dread the summer hols? I didn't like them much when he was younger but he sleeps better now so I get to wake up at a reasonable hour for six weeks hehe. I think they call it Reception nowadays the first year in primary school :) Is your son all excited about going to school like a big boy or is he a little anxious? Will probably help having his sister already there if they're going to the same school :)

I feel old too everytime I hear about what my son's been up to at school, it seems like they get spoiled rotten 'nowadays' compared to what my grumpy primary was like, bossing me around about being ambidextrous (I can't do it now 'cause they'd actually tell me off for it so I lost the skill :eek:) and stuff :rolleyes:

Hope you manage to go to the Bingo and enjoy yourself, in a low syn fashion ;) xxxx

Hi there Lo - great to see you conquering mountains lol!

I did enjoy my hair experience, I had a really short cut and am currently trying to grow it into an inverted bob and I am at the difficult 'looks like a bowl cut cos its growing' stage so I get it cut and then have to start all over again - so i put colour into it to give it a but of oommpph! My hair is dark so I get foils with 3 colours - blonde, light brown and red- sounds odd but it looks good. Here it costs me $68 for a cut and colour - about 45 pounds - it used to cost me that for a cut in the UK and I used to get the OH to colour it for me!!! I booked the appointment last week as a reward for (finally) getting my 1/2 stone (although as I have put on since I am not giving my shiney back and keeping the reward Ha!!!)

I am looking forward to the summer hols this year - I think I am going to try and cherish the time I have with my son as next year it will be just me on the week days. He goes to daycare on Thursdays which runs throughout the holidays and I am in 2 minds whether to keep him in until school starts or to stop that when school holidays start. On one hand I will get some girly time with my daughter, I will get a break from him (he is pretty full on, possibly a borderline ADHT) and he will enjoy some social time with other friends and on the other there is the 'cherish the time' arguement plus the financial benefit of not having to pay for it - decisions, decisions. I have often said 'Every decision will be the right one, just make it' as advise to other people, but deep down, I prefer to procrastinate!

My son is v excited about big school, more so now as he is going through induction - and he is really excited about travelling on the bus! Every kid in year K - 2 gets free bus travel, no matter how far you live from school - so long as they behave themselves! - that may be an issue for my son, although he always behaves much better for other people than for me - I think I am a bit of a soft touch!

Bingo is off today, my friend had to work, although am considering going on my own, but it is not the same, and the house could do with a bit of a going over, that said, if I do go, its not going anywhere..... lol xxx

Yay finally made the decision - son will be in day care until 22nd December - so an extra week after schools break up. I will still have my daughter on that day so I will probably use that day for food shopping cos she is really good, but he likes to run up and down the aisles putting naughty things in the trolley - I think he is really the 'inner me'!!!. Its only 1 day extra as pre-school will finish the same week as normal school.

Have also decided to go to bingo today - I did the right thing yesterday and stayed home and did some cleaning - I am not overly house-proud, but the place tends towards chaos if I dont keep a check on it, what with 2 kids and a husband who dont know the meaning of 'put things away'!!

So am going to bingo regardless of whether my friend comes along - she finishes work at 12 and it starts at 12.30, so should be ok. Only 3 weeks left of school after this one so will be going every week (in theory). Its only $6 to play and you win $2 for a line and $5 (bout 3 quid) for the house, so am going for the fun, not the money lol! Lunch will be at the bistro there so will have steak and salad and will have a smaller tea, maybe a chicken salad sandwich. I dont think kids will be going to little athletics today as has been raining solidly for 36 hours, so tea will be a little more sedate than a normal Friday. Yesterday was a 14.5 syn day, which is fine, but need to aim for another low syn day today to try and balance out 'badness' from earlier in the week.

Yesterdays food diary - green day:
B Weetabix and milk Hex A and B
L Ainsly spice sensation couscous and sweetcorn, toast and marg Hex B and 3 syns
D Baked potato, cheese, egg and beans hex A
snacks 2 yogurts, 2 packets of popcorn (5 syns), skinny cow Ice lolly (4.5 syns), and a chai tea (2 syns)

Im sure there is a saying bout the 'best laid plans of mice and men..' not sure how it goes - answers on a postcard.

So today,went to step, cleaned the kitchen and went to bingo (my mate finished work late so ended up going on my own) - I only went and won the jackpot $75!!! You get it in vouchers for the club so when OH got home, he suggested we take the kids to the club for tea and spend the vouchers, seeing as little athletics was cancelled - has now been raining for 48 hours straight!. I had already had a big steak and salad for lunch, but thought I could have a prawn cesaer salad or something. Anyway when I get to the counter the woman was talking about baked potato so I thought I would have the lamb shank wellington(I gave OH the pastry) with baked potato and salad. When it arrived it was actually a potato bake - more like a potato gratin with a creamy sauce - oops! Lamb shank minus pastry was nice.

Also shared a white chocolate cheesecake with OH - double oops. - but I guess it could have been worse, I could've had a whole one!!! Also I drove so no alcohol syns.

I dont feel too bad about my syns, we had a good night, kids were good. I had 30 syns for the days left of my week, and I am very near that just for today, so will have to concentrate on keeping the syns minimal for the weekend and also will have to do some exercise over the weekend, might get the zumba dvd out, havent done that for a while. Busy day tomorrow so will see what it brings - hopefully less rain!!!

Ooh, lucky you on the big win! Glad you had a nice meal out :)

Heh I'm not sure of the spellings but think the saying is on the lines of the best laid plans of mice and men aft' gan aglay (scottishy poem, Burns I think) - meaning even the best of plans/intentions often go wrong :)

Must have a blitz of my house this weekend - my front room where I work and also exercise (hah! when the blue moon is knocking about) is filled with papers and stuff for shredding and things. Dull but it'll keep me busy and out of the way of naughty foods while I'm trying to get back on t'SW wagon :D

Ah the joys of shredding! I leave all my paperwork in a massive pile until it is just about to fall over, then I know I have to so something about it sort into filing/shredding/dealing with, then it takes me at least 24 hours to sort - probably not the most efficient of methods, but it works for me!

I woke up this morning to beautiful blue skies - so I am on a washing fest today, also Yasmin has to be at Jazz for a rehersal for next weeks concert at 10 am - Bum!!! Have just noticed the time - have only got 1/2 hour b4 she need to be there and no one is dressed, and the washing machine is beeping like there is something wrong with it aaarrrggghhh! Back later to finish post....

Well took me ages to get back to finish my post, but its those best laid plans malarky again!!!

Was on plan today, weetbix for brekky and a tuna toastie for lunch. We were off to the fair which started at 5, so my plan was to have an early tea to avoid the hotdog/chips scenario of fair food. That was the plan....

At 1.30 the power went off. So firstly was unable to get the car out of the garage cos of the electric door, so couldn't go to the supermarket for a food shop, am out of fruit, veg, meat and salad! If I had really thought about it could've whisked up an omelette, but my new blonde streaks took over!

Couldn't do my execise dvd - no power

So off to the fair - car still impounded so had to walk - a good thing

Fair food for tea - had baked potato with cheese "ham" (am thinking more like spam!) sweet corn and sour cream (accidently forgot to tell them to hold the sour cream) could've been a lot worse, but the day was a little purple in sw terms!

At the fair, father christmas arrive via helicopter, funny to watch the kids all waving to father christmas, and the men all taking pictures of the chopper!! Fireworks at the end were awesome, given that it is such a small town - went on for ages. Then the walk home - it is now dark.

Power still off! Realised how ill-prepared we were, had 2 scented candles, one of which we used to locate the birthday cake candles, which I blue-tacked into a glass tumbler - amazingly they give off quite a bit of light! Luckily, the power came back on at 9.30 - 8 hours of black out!

My first thought was the skinny cow ice lollies! Had 1 to test how the freezer had coped! Only had 2 left, the 1st was a little soft, so decided to have the other aswell cos I hate it when the crystals form in icecream. This was followed by the munchies, which wont go away. I was doing so well this week but I have no syns left. Have drunk a pint of water, a can of diet cola and they still wont go away. I am thinking I will brush my teeth and go to bed and read - OH has American Chopper marathon on the TV, which is not exactly my fav show!!!

Tomorrow is not going to be interesting, just busy - my daughter has dress rehearsal for the Jazz concert, am not looking forward to trying to create 2 respectable looking buns in her hair, but I will give it a go. Also have to do the shopping and continue the wash fest which came to an abrupt halt due to the blackout. Turns out we had over 10cms of rain in the last few days and there is a rumour that we will have another 10cms on wednesday. May have to look around and see if anyone called Noah lives nearby, may need his services!!!

Never got round to my shreddingfest, I'll be plowing my way through a small forest of papers to get to my desk in the morning :rolleyes:

The fair sounds fab, that sounds so funny with both the kids and dads being so excited about santa arriving in a chopper, albeit for different reasons lol Think you did fairly well with your baked potato tea at the fair, considering what other things were on offer. BTW what the heck is a Pluto Pup if you know of it? It's mentioned in one of Ajay Rochester's books and I know it was one of her fair-food obsessions, never knew what she was on about!

Hope the power-outage didn't booger up any of the other stuff in your freezer, don't want you getting poisoned :eek:

Hehe good luck with the hairbuns too, don't have none of that to deal with having just a son for the time being - one day p'raps lol I think I was quite good at doing my own hair when I was in school though, could do french plaits and things, so I might manage alright :D Or if not I'll make any daughters have cute short pixie-type hair muwahaha.

Owt on this week for you, apart from looking up Arks 'R Us? :p xxx

A pluto pup - aka a dagwood dog is a long sausage in batter on a stick. It is served in a long paper bag, into which they squirt tomato sauce (not sure why they do that as surely the bag gets the sauce not the aforesaid food item!!. My kids love 'em but I doubt they will make it big in the sw stakes!!

Got quite a bit on this week - Today was meeting at the school where you get kindy kids test times for next year - they start 2 days after the bigger kids and in those 2 days they get tested on numeracy and literacy so they get a base line of what they can do before they start school. Have to say that some of the parents are real derros (sorry aussie slang, in uk i would've called them 'itchy scratchies'). One of my friends who has a little girl starting recons that most of the other little girls are from druggo families so is thinking about checking out the other school in town. Funny cos most of the parents of the little boys seem ok.

Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday is the Jazz concert, so Yasmin has to be there by 5pm so am having to be mega organised about tea for the next few days. When I was shopping yesterday I picked up a couple of the slow cooker sauces which reckon to be 18cals per serving - so 1 syn and all the stuff you add is free. That should (in theory) ease the stress whilst I attempt to pretend I actually have bun making skills ( of the hair kind) 3 days on the trot. We are going to watch her on the Tuesday. Have to take my son, not sure how he will do - half of the concert is ballet, prob will do his best to talk and act up - oh joy!!

Saturday is the cherry festival. A town near us Young is the 'cherry capital of NSW' so every year there is a parade, (another) fair and probably me trying to avoid KFC while the troops tuck in. Oh the joy!!!

Woo! That's half of the 8lbs you wanted to lose by christmas already - well done :D

Hmn seems odd testing the little'ns before starting nursery/kindergarten, you'd think they'd do it in year 1 instead... Not familiar with the phrase itchy scratchies either, would that be a saying unique to whereever you originated from in t'UK? :) Bit worrying about 'druggo' parents (I presume that's druggie and not a slang word for something else?), see how things are I guess - as long as the kids themselves are okay and there are good teachers in place things should be alright :)

Good luck to Yasmin for her Jazz concerts, I'm sure she'll do you proud :D Could you take some colouring books or comics for your son to entertain himself with quietly?

A cherry festival sounds fun, and yummy if there's cherry themed foods :D Hmn have you seen the SW 'KFC' chicken recipe over on the recipe thread? Not tried it myself but it gets pretty good reviews :)

Back