Diary of losing my baby weight (now that my son is 5!)

Been a good day today - although me being up at this time of night is a bit risky, as is my usual 'snacking on naughty things' time! I have already cleaned and flossed so hopefully that will keep me in check.

Achieved everything I set out to do today except get the zip - the shop was shut, but it did mean i could take the kids to the cafe for lunch. They shared a bowl of chips whilst I sipped on green tea - oh yeah - am currently shining my halo! Made me laugh tho, midday, 36 degrees and everyone is sat inside in the air con, just me and the kids sat outside and a song going through my head - 'mad dogs and englishmen go out in the midday sun'!!!!

Also found a yummy ice lolly for 2.5 syns and some yummy crisps for 3.5 syns and made a yummy marinade for just 2 syns each.

Yummy great day - and only 8 syns - result!

Tomorrow - could be a difficult day, mothers group, where everyone brings a plate full of something (usually not sw friendly!) A couple of the girls are really good cooks, so most of it is yummy, but usually at least half of us are on some kind of diet. We are meeting at the pool. My plan is to take watermelon and grapes for everyone, and maybe a sandwich just for me - my other plan is to sit on my hands and tape my mouth shut - not sure if that one will work as have lots of gossiping to be done.

Also could be difficult as we mainly sit by the baby pool as lots of the other mums have little ones, as my two are 5 and 6 the chances of keeping them by the baby pool (and therefore getting all the goss) are slim. Oh well - I guess sometimes you have to make sacrifices as a mum!

Will get the wii out in the afternoon for my excercise.

Foodwise, am having porridge for brekky cos you can have more now, lunch a sandwich, and tea will be something chicken-y with couscous and salad - tomorrow sorted. Am looking forward to it!!!

A cooler today, thankfully! Not sure if we will be meeting at the pool as it's very overcast, although predicted 34 degrees later so am guessing its gonna be muggy :( - well at least less chance of sunburn!! Received 2 parcels this morning of xmas pressies - my mum sent me zumba on the wii, so am looking forward to doing that this arvo. Also from my friend in UK, she also sent gifts for 40th birthday - she is v organised as still 7 weeks away. I, however am not so organised!!! Her 40th birthday is 4th Jan - TODAY!!! (or still 4 hours away for uk time diff!) I, of course, have not sorted pressie, so have a decision to make - do I a) run around and organise a pressie today from here, wrap and post it and it will be a week late or b) buy something online from uk and deliver it 1 day late - more timely, but less personal. Whatever I do, I need to get a wiggle on!!!

Have just realised am burbling on about stuff totally un-diet/food/weightloss-related!! but then I guess this thread is more like me writing my own private little diary and posting it into cyberspace so the world and his dog can read it!!!!

Another good day Yay!!! - at mothers group others brought cakes, bikkies and crisps - and I sat there with my watermelon and grapes, shining my halo lol!!! I had my lunch when I got home - smoked salmon salad. I had intended to have a play on my new zumba game in the afternoon, but when I got home I realised the dishwasher had stuck so spent the rest of the afternoon on the net to look for how to mend it (or at least so OH could mend it!)

My kitchen is still in the deshevelled mess and will deal with it in the morning, but at least dishwasher is fixed! I didn't get on the wii, so will do a double whammy tomorrow - zumba and step in the evening.

Food today
B: Banana Porridge
L: Smoked Salmon, cheese and salad
T: Ham salad and wholemeal roll
Snack: 2 packets of JJ's 3.5 each, 2 ice lollys mini splits 2.5 syns each, yogurt 2 bananas, watermelon, grapes, apricot, plums.

I havent got much planned for tomorrow, other than zumba on the wii and step. I havent sorted out my friends birthday pressie so will go to town and get that posted.

Foodwise - am gonna try Magic porridge, which I will have to sort out in a mo. Lunch will be an omlette and boring old chicken, salad and jacket spud for tea - sorted!!!

So far so good - pressie for friend sorted and posted. The shop I wanted to go to was shut until next week so I had to go to the jewellers and spent a little more than I originally set out, got a beautiful neckace for her, they packed and wraped it really nicely,so it looks like it is way more expensive than it was, so was actually a result that the cheaper shop was shut. I also wrote a letter in with the gift to make it a bit more personal.

Took the kids to the bakery for lunch. Why do shop made sandwiches taste nicer - even without any kind of butter or dressing, did get a little bit of avacado on 1 of the sides, will count that as 1 syn, but prob not even that.

I should be scrubbing the house right now, but will take the kids to the pool for an hour - they are starting to drive me nuts, and the only thing to do is entertain them - if you cant beat them!!! (Just realised you could take that a couple of ways lol! I meant it as am gonna join in having fun, not that I intend to dish out the punishment!!)

Onward....

Val72 said:
So far so good - pressie for friend sorted and posted. The shop I wanted to go to was shut until next week so I had to go to the jewellers and spent a little more than I originally set out, got a beautiful neckace for her, they packed and wraped it really nicely,so it looks like it is way more expensive than it was, so was actually a result that the cheaper shop was shut. I also wrote a letter in with the gift to make it a bit more personal.

Took the kids to the bakery for lunch. Why do shop made sandwiches taste nicer - even without any kind of butter or dressing, did get a little bit of avacado on 1 of the sides, will count that as 1 syn, but prob not even that.

I should be scrubbing the house right now, but will take the kids to the pool for an hour - they are starting to drive me nuts, and the only thing to do is entertain them - if you cant beat them!!! (Just realised you could take that a couple of ways lol! I meant it as am gonna join in having fun, not that I intend to dish out the punishment!!)

Onward....

Haha that last bit made me laugh! :) sounds like a busy productive day then - I uses to love swimming, can't wait to start going again!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hehe, made me giggle too! And we had heaps of fun at the pool now that they can swim a little better -must've spent at least 1/2 hour treading water at the deep end while they jump in off the big diving board - my shoulders are killing me today lol!!

Am stealing an idea from Broadbean where you write 3 positive for the day - Dont quite know how it will work out as i like to do a long diary entry - maybe I will do that in the morning and do the 3 positives in the evening - actually am not not that orgainised, so will probaby just be my normal burble!!! Anyway here are my 3 positives for yesterday as it still early(ish) today

1) Bought wrapped (ok, the shop wrapped it!) and posted my friends birthday pressie, am really happy with gift - also included 2012 xmas card to ensure it got there in a timely manner hehe.

2) In town have got Son 6 polo shirts and 9 pairs of grey socks for school - only the shoes to go and he is all set for starting school on 1 February - and they were a bargain too!!

3) When the kids started getting on my nerves, bickering and jibeing at eachother rather than shouting at them I took them to the pool and every1 (including me) had fun.

4) Had that 'cant be bothered' feeling at tea time, but instead of grabbing the pizza menu had seafood salad, salad and poached eggs with a roll - total cooking time: 2 mins!!! Total syns :6 in the seafood salad sauce - Soooo much better and quicker than pizza

5) Was active all day and did an hour circuit training at the Gym - hardly sat down and rarely thought bout food

6) Made a good start on the ironing in the evening - OK didnt complete it, but it was 2 weeks worth!!! Sparked by my 6 year old telling me that 'someone's not been doing their chores, cos I have no pyjamas on my shelf' - cheeky mare!!!:D

7) For my evening snack attack at 10pm had grapes and yogurt and a cup of tea

8) am feeling so positive about yesterday that i was only supposed to do 3 things, but couldnt decide which ones to leave out, so I put them all in and ended up at 8!!!

Food for yesterday(Thursday)

b: Porridge Banana yogurt (forgot to sort the magic porridge in advance will try again tomorrow) hex b
L: Chicken salad wm sandwich with a smidge of avacardo on 1 side only (1 syn) hex b
T: Seafood salad (6 syns for the sauce), WM bread roll (7 syns) Salad 2 poached eggs
Snacks: JJs crisps (3.5 syns) Grapes, yogurt, apricot, milk for tea hex A

Syns were 17.5, but over the week I still have syns in hand. I had 2 cans of diet coke today, am going back to putting bottles of water in the fridge and drinking these. I know this encourages my kids to drink water too - can only be a good thing!!

Have done way too much burbling today, must get off the pc and start the day - am looking forward to taking down the xmas decorations!

Last edited:
3 positives for today (will try harder to keep it to 3 hehe)

1) despite being sore from yesterdays activities managed to get to the gym, couldnt do pump, but did5 km run and 25 mins on x trainer.
2) have an amazing OH who, despite doing an 8 hour day and being on call looked after the kids when he got home whilst I had a stress-free food shopping trip and so I could get to the gym so I can get skinny and look amazing for him!! (honestly not my only motivation, but he has worked out my dieting has fringe benefits)
3) aswell as having lots of yummy fresh fruit in my cupboards, I have bought the ingredients to make some delish muffins from oat bran and peach and mango flavoured ff yogurt
4) am settling down to watch ' a few good men' on the tellybox - one of my all time fav films.

Food for today
b Magic porridge and mango hex b (liked it but i got hungry earlier than normal)
L chicken mayo lite and salad wrap 4 syns
d seafood salad on wholemeal roll hex b and 6 syns
snacks: 2 pkts jj's (7 syns) Twisters (6 syns) ice lolly(2.5 syns)

Total syns 25.5 - oops - just 23 syns for the weekend!! - will have to keep it together - got to go, tom cruise has just put jack nicholson on the stand - you cant handle the truth!!!

Am struggling to find 3 positive for today, but will try:

1) Had fun with the kids making puppets with the kids, although, to be fair, I think I made most of the puppets

2) finally got my kids to tidy their rooms although, to be fair, I think I did most of the tidying

3) have wonderful OH who cooked a beautiful meal so I could get on with my puppet craft.

Have had 103.5 syns for the week - only wish Ididnt have another day to go - am gonna use my remaining 1.5 syns tomorrow on a muffin which I am gonna make with the kids, will take me over by 1 - which in the great scheme of things am not gonna worry about

I can now move my arms properly after being so stiff this morning - also had sore abs, even without doing any sit-ups or similar - just goes to show all the other stuff you use your abs for! Anyway I gave myself today off, will do a dvd tomorrow.

Foodwise
B weetbix and milk Hex a and b
l Omelette with pepper and onion and 21g lf cheese (3 syns)
T Chicken and potato with peas sweetcorn, green beans and brocolli with gravy (2 syns) followed by yogurt and banana.
Snacks Ice lolly 2.5 syns, twister bar (6 syns), 2 chocky miny bikkies 8 syns - yeah I know 8 SYNS once again failed to check syn values before eating it doh!!

Oh well, have to be good tomorrow...

Well in the end I did not have a good day but wasnt bad either. Had 15 syns instead of 1.5, oh well, bad me!!!

Anyway today was wi and despite being 13.5 syns over i lost 4.5lbs, which was precisely what i gained over the festive season yay !!! My 1st goal acheived :D

I have no time to rest on my laurels as my 2nd goal was to get under 11st by my holiday - which is now just 10 days away - so only 1 wi before then and 1.5lbs to go. Am confident I can lose this, but inorder to maximise my chances am going to do a success express week - starting from today - not done it as a whole week before, but am excited by the challenge.

The other thing going on this week is the kids start swimming lessons, which fall over lunch time, so that will be a challenge. Also the gym has not started back with its 9.15 classes with the creche so getting in my 4 classes or dvd's per week will be tricky as the kids still have 3 weeks before the end of the summer hols. Playgroup 1st thing today aswell - going to be a busy day!

forgot to do my positives on my last post so i will go back to that today.

1)Had successful day doing success express - 1 down, 6 to go.
2) Managed to have 1 chocky bicky and leave the rest for the next day, which kept my syns down to 11
3) when i realised OH was gonna finish work too late for my gym class i got on did my Vikki Binns DVD

Am actually really enjoying Success Express, it think because you get to have 2 hex's plus mixing the free food from both plans - so best of both worlds.

food for ysterday
b weetbix and milk hex a and b
l ham and tomato on wm roll with salad hex b
t smoked salmon, small jacket spud with 28g cheese and a massive salad hex a
snacks 2 bananas, grapes, ff yogurt, 2 nectarines, apple, 2 packets of jj's and 1 choccky bicky 11 syns

Today am gonna do some housework (yawn!) before swimming lessons then meet some friends at the park for a play date. step class is at 5.30, hopefully OH will get home in time. I will do beef and mushroom ragout in the slow cooker for tea, which i will serve with a few new potatoes and a big plate of green beans to keep it SE - sorted!!

Yesterday was good in terms of meals - stuck the success express, went to step at the gym, came home, did tea, got the kids to bed and did a whole load of ironing. Unfortunately ironing bores the pants off me so I ended up raiding the pantry as I ironed - so I am now 6 syns up on the week :( Not the end of the world, I will make it up over the course of the week.

Today it has turned chilly and windy - which is typical as the kids have swimming lessons in an outdoor pool and there is a 45 min wait between lessons I will take clothes for my lad to change into once he gets out.

foodwise its not great - im feeling really hungry and have already made some bad choices - its 11am and i have already got to 9.5 syns. I think it is worse as I have not been up to much this am, just sat and watched kiddies tv with them - my OH bought home a big pack of white rolls yesterday and they smell yummy - have had 1 already, I must resist!! Am going to grab a pint of water, hopefully that will make a dent.

3 positives for today

1) Daughter doing well at swimming lessons - strokes have improved and is keeping up with the others despite being youngest and needing the most effort.
2) Son is also doing well, he is listening to instructions, I am really pleased about as am now more confident about him starting school in 3 weeks time.
3)Have had a really nice evening in - OH went to bed early so I watched old eps of Outnumbered, QI, Silent witness, and Torchwood - all guilty pleasures i'm afraid, but lovely to just flodge out.

Positives not diet/exercise related, not been great on that front, am not gonna dwell - will do better tomorrow.

Had really good day today, v positive and banished negative thoughts.

1) foodwise have been really good, I know the day is not over, but am just watching biggest loser uK and will go straight to bed - am not gonna mix up tiredness with hunger!!
2)Kids are still improving on the swimming front and are now half way through the marathon that is swimming lessons
3)Really enjoyed my workout today - went to circuit training at the gym - it was 2 tracks of spinning, then a run down the lane and back - prob 300m then 30 jump ups and then 30 squat and push up with a hand weight - 5 times and to finish 2 tracks of abs. Felt like I had been ragged around the room!!! but felt really good afterwards.
4) The gym has step on tomorrow morning including a creche, so I dont have to go to the 5.30 work out, dead pleased cos doing the teatime session suds up the family evening routine - we have been eating at 7pm and the kids havent been going to bed until 8.30 - there is going to be a rude awakening in less than 3 weeks time once school goes back, so need to get back into it!
5) syns for the day 8.5

All good.

Just 3 more days till weigh in - am looking forward to breaking into the next stone barrier - am convinced I will do it!

As I said, all good!

Night

aaarrrrrgggghhhh! Why do I continue to weigh myself everyday - I am exactly the same weight as I was last friday - within 100 grams!!! It will not put me off my goal to get into the 10 stone zone for monday - I need a plan:

1) continue success express for the rest of the week
2)step this morning, wii zumba on sat and a dvd on sunday, plus will get in the pool with the kids today and sunday
3)got a clothes party to go to on saturday, will have to avoid the party food and the wine - will eat well before I go
4)will continue with positive thinking - might not make much difference to my weight, but definately improves my mood and therefore makes it easier to stay on track

right - that is the plan.. onward....!!!

Just a quick one tonight as am starting to doze off!

Have mainly stuck to my plan, apart from having a red day - also had 18.5 syns oops!
Kept really active with step and got in the pool with the kids. Must've trod water for an hour and my shoulders are aching - am gonna feel it tomorrow.

Tomorrow is gonna be busy, OH working all day - zumba first thing, then off to aldi's for a bit of shopping, will take the kids to the big park for lunch. They wanted to play in macdonalds play area, but this way is better on all levels!

In the afternoon am off to my friends clothing party - this is the tricky bit as she will have party pies and sausage rolls to avoid. Will drive, so no wine syns and also will help keep my resolve. I really want to get my 2nd goal on monday and have to make sacrifices to get there.

Plus

Have bought prawns for tomrrows tea and am really looking forward to them!:D

Have fun at Zumba and the clothing party! Would your friend be upset if you showed up with a veggie platter for the party? Then you would know there's an alternative to the pies and such.

Back