Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Diary of my 623rd Diet - This one will work!!

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diaries' started by GaynorEm, 29 May 2008 Social URL.

1. GaynorEm

GaynorEm Proper Little Madam

Diet:
    HealthyEating
    :wavey:

I have spent the last 6 weeks messing around on various different diets...(actually the last 20 years)...but on this occasion during the last 6 weeks I have managed to lose 12lbs.
    Lord knows how.

In the last few weeks, I have done the food replacement protein shake thing, I had a bash at a sugar free diet, a miserable attempt at Slim Fast and finally a low fat diet...which lasted a full 22 hours until I was invited to a barbie.
    Anyway I have decided to go back to the plan that helped me lose four stone 10 years ago and that's good old fashioned calorie counting.

According to that Nutracheck site thing-a-majig I should be eating 1400 cals per day and exercising for approx 30 mins per day for a 2lb weight loss per week...so that is what I am gonna do...until I get to goal.

By putting it in writing in this diary I am hoping it will give my will power a boost when times get tough...and set my goal in stone.

Tomorrow - Friday 30th May is day one. :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. GaynorEm

Diet:
    HealthyEating
    This was today's crappy diet - and why I soooo need the structure of something like calorie counting.

B/fast: porridge made with soya milk (my thoughts - so far so good)

Lunch: baked potato, salad and 3 thin slics of ham (my thoughts - still going well)

Snack @ 2pm one bag of crisps (my thoughts - blown the diet today by eating that bag of junk...may as well carry on)

From 3pm onwards: 6 more bags of crisps, ham sandwhich, 20 almonds and a large bag of jellybeans. :eek:
    Oh aye and then I had a Renee for the heartburn.

Oh well tomorrow's a new start and a new day. :)

4. GaynorEm

Diet:
    HealthyEating
    Day one has gone well...

My food & cals for today are:

b/fast
    cornflakes & soya milk - 122 kcals
    soya milk for endless tea - 78 kcals

lunch
    two slices of toast - 206 kcals
    1/2 can of baked beans - 170 kcals
    1 dry fried egg - 107 kcals
    2 t/spoons of marg - 72 kcals

tea
    chicken breast - 192 kcals
    med baked potato - 244 kcals
    carrots & cabbage - 25 kcals
    table sp. of gravy - 76 kcals

snacks
    2 med size apples - 95 kcals
    4 ryvita crackers - 180 kcals

total: 1364 kcals :) that gives me 36 cals left over woohoo.

Exercise wise...apart from housework I haven't done that much. However I shall be taking the mutts out for an hours walk this evening.

Feeling quite cheery today...I just noticed Big Brother starts next week...yeha :D how sad am I?

5. westiegirl

westiegirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Well done on day 1.

It really helps to have a diary as a dump for your thoughts!

Enjoy those final 36 cals ;)

6. GaynorEm

Diet:
    HealthyEating
    Thanks Westie. X

Just a quick update - my p.c is off into the repair shop tomorrow...so I won't be able to update for about two weeks as I go on holiday on Saturday but all is going well so far and I haven't gone over me 1400 cal target yet...can't promise the same when I go on my hols. :D

7. abz

abz Gold Member

good luck with continuing with it honey.

abz xx

8. westiegirl

westiegirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Have a fantastic time :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.