Diary of over an overweight 30 something!

poppygreendog

Silver Member
Morning All

I thought I would transfer my diary to here, I started one in the diary section but it does'nt seem as busy and I always mainly end up reading the threads here so I hope noone minds.

This is my 5th day on CD. Although my first weigh in is Saturday as I picked up my packs last Saturday but did not start until Monday.

I am sooooo enthusiastic about this diet, I know it works the evidence is there for all to see, I don't find it hard, love some of the flavours (choc tetras yum, strawberry shake yum particularly), don't have a problem drinking the water.

BUT

There always is one huh - I have what I think is trapped wind in my shoulder blade. I have had it since Tuesday and last night in bed it was so painful I could'nt get into a comfortable postion enough to sleep. I have taken Zantac which is making me burp but not shifting it (sorry, such a lovely subject I know). This morning for my first 1/2 litre of water I tried fizzy water which seems somewhat to be working (fingers crossed) but I have felt really rough in that department for the last 2 days.:cry:

On the bright side - I did LL last year, did'nt think it through though, 7 weeks in my step-daughter got married and it all went out of the window but during that time I had lost 2 stone. I chose CD because of the locality of the councellor, the price, increased choice of flavours of packs, the tetras bricks (I can take them to work without drawing attention to myself) but most of all the 1 to 1 relationship with my CDC. I found the group session with LL really difficult and felt pressurised and so CD is so much better for me.

Apart from the burps and trapped wind (sorry):wave_cry:. I physically feel fantastic, I actually feel thinner, so who knows? I have made a promise to myself that I will not step on the scales at home (ok ok I know I will be hey I haven't this week) and so have no idea what to expect tomorrow. I'll post and let you know.

Hope you are all well today:). its raining here in London, I wore my trainers to work and left my shoes at home so I look a bit silly walking around the office in a suit and trainers. I got absolutely drenched walking to the station cos I'd left my brolly on a train last week and had not bought a new one BUT I WILL WEIGH LESS TOMORROW THAN I DID LAST WEEK SO WHO CARES.:p

Sara

Last edited:
Hi welcome to cd .....good luck for your weigh in.....!
Raining eh.....its lovely here in Plymouth......no coats or jumpers its too hot.

I've lost 7lbs in 5 days

Yes its true - 7lbs in 5 days I am sooooooooooooooooo happy.

Need to figure out how to change my ticker, if anyone can tell me how I would appreciate it.

Sara

To change you ticker just click on it and it will take you to the ticker home page where you can amend it - you will then be given an updated URL code to paste into your signature - took me ages to figure that out lol.

Congratulations on your loss - fabulous start :D

Hi

Glad your enjoying the diet:D It's the best thing I ever did:D:D

Well done on your first loss, great achievement:):)

Look forward to reading more of your diary posts.

Tracey
x

Great weight loss so far. Well done.
I dont want to cause any alarm this is just to bring it to your attention, not to get you all worried, but keep an eye on the pains in your shoulder blade, especially if it is on your right. I know that this can be a symptom of gall bladder trouble (stones etc) which I hear can sometimes be related to vlcd. Of course it is probably just trapped wind. Thought I'd just mention it in case you are unaware of it.
I am aware that I could cause you to worry this is not my intention just want to inform so that if it does get any worse you can get it checked out.
Ceri

Morning everyone

Thanks Ruth, I've had to do a new one cos I could'nt click on it for some reason - hey ho:doh:

Ceri, thanks for the heads up, to be honest I was getting a little worried, I had if from Tuesday night till Saturday morning when it just miraculously disappeared so I kind of hoping that is the end of it.

I feel on top of the world at the moment:party0011: I am so happy to have lost 7lbs in 5 days and I am really enjoying the flavours on offer at CD.

I'm tending to have a shake in the morning, which is bl**dy early to be drinking something like a shake (5.15am) before I leave for work but then when I think that I used to kind myself that I was eating healthy breakfast at work (yeah right) at about 7.45am when I got in it makes it not so bad, I just get up 5 minutes early than I would normally.

I take a tetra brick to work, choc my favorite but I am have 3 of each a week, I want to maximise my flavours at the moment.

Although having said that, every night I have a choc pack made into a muffin with a nice big black coffee to go with it.

My CDC says I can have bars next week but she says if I can get along without them all the better, why is this? Are there more calories in the bars.

Anyways, thats all for me for now, 1 litre of water down already so a good day!.

Have a nice day everyone.

Sara

Hi there.
There are more calories in the bars and they also have more carbs but have been specially balanced by Cd so they are still low carb.
A lot of people suffer from wind and cramps after having the bars which is maybe why your CDC is suggesting you should go without.
I love them. It's nice to have something to chew!
Ceri

Hi Everyone

Time for an update:character00148:

I have been finding CD too easy, I love the flavours although even at this early stage (day 11) I have very clear favourites (choc, straw, coffee packs, and tetras) water is no problem, I still try to drink as much as I can during the day so as not to have to in the evening (too lazy to get out of bed at night to pee:)) Today for instance I am on 3.5 litre.

However

I WANT PORK PIE WITH MAYO SPREAD ALL OVER IT - AND I WANT IT NOW OK!!!!!!

I know its normal, but I am so fixated at the moment its pretty much all I can think about. Also I have become obsessed with smelling my husband's food. I even made him take a mint humbug out of his mouth last night in bed so that I could sniff it:drool: What is that all about.

The cold has set in today too, up until now I have not felt the chills associated with a VLCD but today I'm officially cold.

Still when you think of it all of the above just adds up to - its working. I have weighed myself, I know couldn't resist, I'm happy but don't want to get too excited until my loss for this week is confirmed on Saturday morning by my CD.

Hope everyone is having a great day and not craving too many things like me.

Sara

Hi Everyone

Time for an update:character00148:

I have been finding CD too easy, I love the flavours although even at this early stage (day 11) I have very clear favourites (choc, straw, coffee packs, and tetras) water is no problem, I still try to drink as much as I can during the day so as not to have to in the evening (too lazy to get out of bed at night to pee:)) Today for instance I am on 3.5 litre.

Brilliant, having a positive attitude to the diet is the key I think. I found weekends difficult, but not enough to make me cheat:D

However

I WANT PORK PIE WITH MAYO SPREAD ALL OVER IT - AND I WANT IT NOW OK!!!!!!

:rotflmao:What normal human being wouldn't!!!!!!;)

I know its normal, but I am so fixated at the moment its pretty much all I can think about. Also I have become obsessed with smelling my husband's food. I even made him take a mint humbug out of his mouth last night in bed so that I could sniff it:drool: What is that all about.

Have you had any food dreams yet? I continually dreamed about cheese on toast and brussel sprouts. The only time I didn't have these dreams, was on AAM weeks!!

The cold has set in today too, up until now I have not felt the chills associated with a VLCD but today I'm officially cold.

Still when you think of it all of the above just adds up to - its working. I have weighed myself, I know couldn't resist, I'm happy but don't want to get too excited until my loss for this week is confirmed on Saturday morning by my CD.

I'm a scale hopper too:eek: sounds from your comment it's going to be another good week, fingers and toes crossed for you:)

Hope everyone is having a great day and not craving too many things like me.

Sara

What a lovely positive diary, a pleasure to read. Keep up the good work!!!

Tracey
x

Thanks Tracey, still want pork pie this afternoon but the craving is not so bad.

Sara

ps just noticed you are at goal, how long did it take you?
xx

Thanks Tracey, still want pork pie this afternoon but the craving is not so bad.

Cravings get less and less each week:):)

Sara

ps just noticed you are at goal, how long did it take you?
xx

I had 51lbs to lose, I set my goal at 9 1/2 stone. Got to goal by week 15:):):) So just over 3 months. I've just started maintenance and am now 9 stone 3, so even when you start going up through the plans, you still lose a bit more weight:)
I'm happy now (actually that's an understatement) at the weight I am, so this week have upped my food intake a bit more, just got to find a happy medium now and not put any back on!

The weeks will fly by for you, it dosent seem that long ago when I started.

Take care
Tracey
x

Hi Everyone

Well I'm revving up for tomorrow morning's weigh in and will post result after.

Slightly worried now as I brought a set of WW digital weighing scales yesterday which I don't seem to be able to get a true reading from, alongside my Salter old scales they show me 3lb heavier which would mean that my loss this week would only be about 3lb. I'm sure that I've done better than this and am quite concerned and a little disappointed.:(

I think I'm going to take them with me to weigh in and see what they read in CDC house so that I know either way which is correct (I think that makes sense :wave_cry:)

From tomorrow I can have bars! I think though I am going to try 1 a week and use them as a sort of treat, assuming I like them that is. How do the rest of you find them?

Sorry not a very positive post this afternoon. Water levels OK, I've done 3.5 ltrs so far, copious amounts of coffee today as I have had a really long hard week at work and to be honest cannot wait to go home.

Tracey, wow you have done so well, I only hope I can achieve the same!

Going to get this week's edition of Full House as there is a someone in there who has lost 15 stone on CD - wow can you imagine that sort of loss - phenominal!!

Have a great weekend.

Sara

Hi Everyone

Well I'm revving up for tomorrow morning's weigh in and will post result after.

Slightly worried now as I brought a set of WW digital weighing scales yesterday which I don't seem to be able to get a true reading from, alongside my Salter old scales they show me 3lb heavier which would mean that my loss this week would only be about 3lb. I'm sure that I've done better than this and am quite concerned and a little disappointed.:(

I'm a scale hopper too! Do you weigh yourself at different times in the day? My CDC never weighed me from the start, I weigh myself on my scales. I only ever weigh first thing in the morning, as during the day you can add a couple of 1lbs especially with all the water we have to drink. Don't worry too much, and if it is 3lbs, hey that's still a great loss:D

I think I'm going to take them with me to weigh in and see what they read in CDC house so that I know either way which is correct (I think that makes sense :wave_cry:)

Good idea!

From tomorrow I can have bars! I think though I am going to try 1 a week and use them as a sort of treat, assuming I like them that is. How do the rest of you find them?

I loved them:D each and every flavour. I had one a day. Used to have them in the evening when everyone else ate their main meal, I didn't feel I missed out on food that way. Some people say they have suffered wind etc. I never had any problems, make sure you drink lots of water with them tho, they tended to dry my mouth out.

Sorry not a very positive post this afternoon. Water levels OK, I've done 3.5 ltrs so far, copious amounts of coffee today as I have had a really long hard week at work and to be honest cannot wait to go home.

Tracey, wow you have done so well, I only hope I can achieve the same!

Thank you. You definately can :D:D:D

Going to get this week's edition of Full House as there is a someone in there who has lost 15 stone on CD - wow can you imagine that sort of loss - phenominal!!

Have a great weekend.

Sara

Hope you have a good weekend too Sara, don't forget to post your weigh in tomorrow. Good luck:)

Tracey
x

Morning everyone

My internet connection we doolaly at home this weekend so I have had to wait to post when I got to work. I lost 5lbs this week! Hooray!:)

Allowed bars this week but my CDC is very reluctant to give them to me as she says it will slow down my weight loss, is this true I wonder?:wave_cry: Anyway, I had one, peanut (I have died and gone to heaven it so gorgeous!!) and I'm going to use it as my treat at a weekend, although saying that I have decided to have 2 next week so I can have one on Saturday and Sunday.

Since I started this, I have been determined that people's lives around me should not change, its me who's on a diet and trying to change my eating patterns not everyone else, however I really craved food yesterday. My husband started the day with hawian toast and finished up with an Indian takeaway yesterday and I swear I was drooling.

He is quite understanding my poor husband, I kept making him stop eating it so I could smell his plate, just imagine (LOL).:D

Anyway, onwards and upwards, I done about 1.5 ltrs so far and I suppose I better get on with some work. I pop back later.

Have a good day all

Sara
x

Morning everyone

My internet connection we doolaly at home this weekend so I have had to wait to post when I got to work. I lost 5lbs this week! Hooray!:)

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!:D:party0049::party0049:

Allowed bars this week but my CDC is very reluctant to give them to me as she says it will slow down my weight loss, is this true I wonder?:wave_cry: Anyway, I had one, peanut (I have died and gone to heaven it so gorgeous!!) and I'm going to use it as my treat at a weekend, although saying that I have decided to have 2 next week so I can have one on Saturday and Sunday.

I had 1 a day and still lost just over a stone a month. However I may have lost more if I didn't have them?? and I loved them:D:D

Since I started this, I have been determined that people's lives around me should not change, its me who's on a diet and trying to change my eating patterns not everyone else, however I really craved food yesterday. My husband started the day with hawian toast and finished up with an Indian takeaway yesterday and I swear I was drooling.

So considerate arn't they:rolleyes: My hubby does the same thing! Chinese and Indian food wafting round the house, followed by me spraying oust everywhere!

He is quite understanding my poor husband, I kept making him stop eating it so I could smell his plate, just imagine (LOL).:D

I'd be tempted to accidently dribble on the plate;)

Anyway, onwards and upwards, I done about 1.5 ltrs so far and I suppose I better get on with some work. I pop back later.

Have a good day all

Sara
x[/quote

Glad everything is going well, well done on your great loss this week!!!

Tracey
x

Good Morning Everyone

Its day 16 and I can honestly say I cannot remember the last time I've felt this good! I feel healthier, I have bags of energy and I am geniunely not hungry.

I'm thinking that this week I will have 2 bars for the week so that I can use them as treats, I am so totally in love with the peanut bar (yum, yum).

Struggled a bit with water yesterday but only due to my bad planning. I left the office at midday for an off site meeting thinking I would only be gone about an hour and ended up 3.5 hours without water. Very bad move and one I just did'nt manage to recover for the rest of the day. I try to drink most of my water between 8am and 4.30pm. I commute for 1.5 hours each was and do not want to be using the loo all the time on the train so this was I can get home before I need the loo hopefully.

My first grandson was born yesterday which has also given me this amazing boost. He is just darling, I will be posting a pic later.

Looking forward to weigh in on Saturday - isn't it terrible to wish you life away on weigh in's but I geniunely look forward to it.

Hope everyone is ok.

Have a great day.

Sara

x

Hi Everyone

I got weighed on Saturday morning and lost 4lbs.

Looking back over the last couple of days I think that I had convinced myself that 4lbs was not a good loss and so yesterday, after really struggling with food all weekend, I cheated!:cry:

On Sunday my husband wanted to go out for a drink, which I don't mind, I don't think it is necessary for others around me to change their habits or wants just because I'm on CD, unfortunately for me the day turned into a great day for those all drinking, having a great time and generally getting pissed but for me at the end was completely pants. I ended up so angry with my husband I only had one pack on Sunday and consequently fantasised about food all day.

We had a power cut Sunday night which was still not rectified by Monday morning. I had to heat water on the gas hob on Monday morning and could not use things like hair straightners before going to work. ( I commute to London) I travel to work 1.5 hours each way and was half way there on Monday when I realised that I did not have any packs with me and that I had a late meeting yesterday. OK, I thought I won't panic I fully intended to just have a salad, I think that where I was so stressed I just ended up eating, had 6 (no less not 1) biscuits at the event we attended for work in the evening, and a chicken kebab wrap when I got home. What happened there!!

Today I am mortified but have got straight back on the horse. I feel immediately sluggish, am sure that I will not have a loss this week and am wondering how to tell my CDC that I have cheated. All in all I feel really bad.

Just so hoping I can stick to this again.

Hope everyone is well.

Sara

Oh Sara

Dont beat yourself up about it. You have taken a positive step by not letting it get out of hand and getting straight back on plan today.

You could still have a small loss by Saturday when you weigh in if you promise yourself that you will be 100% on SS and keep glugging the water.

THis diet is so hard isnt it, but you know it works for you as you have had good losses so far. Congrats on the 4lb for last week btw.

Good Luck
Sam
x

Back