Diary of Poohbearmufc & Minilady

Nikki you are obviously a conscientious woman, and I know like you I'd worry with regards work, diet etc.

Please try to consentrate on getting better, work will still be there and so will the diet!!!

Think of yourself

Tracey
x

Quite right! You listen to Dr tracey! you didn't do anything to bring this virus on, it's not your fault,just one of those things.
Job'll wait,you just get yourself better!

Day 1 of Restart 12th June 2007

Well today I have restarted CD, I am going to do 790, as I think my body needs a bit of protein to get better, but I have put on 12lbs and am over the 13 stone marker, which I am not happy about.So I have had a tetra, bar and chicken & mushrooms... will have my soup later... put my hubby on a strict diet too, putting him on slimming world as this is the diet I will be doing when I am at my goal... so it will be easier to ease him in first and get used to it! plus I love pasta so it is an ideal plan for me...Finding it a bit hard, but drinking lots of water and hope to be in ketosis soon... Should really change the name of my thread as minilady is doing really well and is in maintenance.. but hopefully I will join her soon...Lets hope my ketosis blanket comes soon...Love

Hi Nikki

Glad your back!!!! Does the restart mean you are feeling better? Has virus gone?

You'll soon lose the extra bit you've put back on and will soon be joining me in maintenance.:):)

I think you'll enjoy 790 plan and from what I've read on this site, the losses arn't much different from the losses whilst ssing. I lost about the same amount still when I did the 790 plan. In fact losses only went down to 2lb per week when I started the 1000 plan, which is still motivating.

Do you still go into ketosis on the 790 plan?

Hope family is all well and I'm really pleased that things are looking up for you.

Tracey
x

Hi Nikki

Glad your back!!!! Does the restart mean you are feeling better? Has virus gone?

You'll soon lose the extra bit you've put back on and will soon be joining me in maintenance.:):)

I think you'll enjoy 790 plan and from what I've read on this site, the losses arn't much different from the losses whilst ssing. I lost about the same amount still when I did the 790 plan. In fact losses only went down to 2lb per week when I started the 1000 plan, which is still motivating.

Do you still go into ketosis on the 790 plan?

Hope family is all well and I'm really pleased that things are looking up for you.

Tracey
x

Not really feeling much better, but I need to curb my weight gain... it is really difficult, cos I think my body wants crap food, but I don't want to put much more weight on... started panicking when I reached the 13 stone marker, so will see how it goes as my CDC is on holiday till next week (if I last that long) Love

glasd to see you back. Even if the virus hasn't gone entirely you still sound much more perky.

don't worrry about the 12lbs. you could have dealt with 1/2 of that within the week.
well done for organising your H. mine could do with losing a bit too. Have dropped a few hints to him eg new menu's for my maintenance but so far he's not taken the bait.

Day 2 of restart - 13th June 07

Today hasn't been too bad, have drunk loads of water and had all my shakes... I have been hungry today so ketosis hasn't set in yet.. forgot how many times you go to the toilet in these first few days!!

Anyway hope the rest of my 1st week back goes like this...

Love

Today hasn't been too bad, have drunk loads of water and had all my shakes... I have been hungry today so ketosis hasn't set in yet.. forgot how many times you go to the toilet in these first few days!!

Love

Nikki you never lost that determination, and your a dab hand at the diet now. You'll breeze the first week back:D Glad it's going ok.

Tracey
x

Love

well done, you know the score,even if tomorrow is hard too you're getting closer to ketosis every hour,& then it really does get easier.

Nikki you never lost that determination, and your a dab hand at the diet now. You'll breeze the first week back:D Glad it's going ok.

Tracey
x

Nikki, you have had such bad luck, but as Tracey said you also haves so much determination. If anyone here deserves to succeed you do!

Day 3 of restart - 14th June 07

Well today I am in agony with my gallstones, feel really sick..(read my thread as asking for advice). Don't know if I should of started back so soon...

I am ringing the doctors tomorrow to get an emergency appointment, can't put up with this for much longer...

Sorry having a really bad day! I know I have the determination but my body is letting me down... :O<

Love

Well today I am in agony with my gallstones, feel really sick..(read my thread as asking for advice). Don't know if I should of started back so soon...

I am ringing the doctors tomorrow to get an emergency appointment, can't put up with this for much longer...

Sorry having a really bad day! I know I have the determination but my body is letting me down... :O<

Love

If it's an emergency appointment will you get to see your own GP?

Let us know how you get on tomorrow.

Thinking of you

Tracey
x

If it's an emergency appointment will you get to see your own GP?

Let us know how you get on tomorrow.

Thinking of you

Tracey
x

I don't know will see tomorrow... will let you know, but think I am coming off CD and following a low fat diet until I am sorted..

Love

I found your question thread.

Until you know what's going on and when you can have the op, it sounds like a good idea to opt for a low fat diet.

Look forward to hearing how you get on tomorrow.

Tracey
x

Well I am officially off CD until I have had my gall bladder out. I have been the doctors this morning, signed off for another 2 weeks and told to rest and eat a low fat diet not VLCD, so might try slimming world for now...

She also told me I didn't have gallstones last year (when I nearly died having my son) as they scanned my liver, kidneys, spleen etc and didn't see anything in my gall bladder!..

Love

Hopefully they will give you a date on Wednesday. If you stick to a low fat diet you should be fine.

I'm sure you must be really disappointed. I'm very sorry you've had such a bad time.

Tracey
x

I know... :O<<<<<<<<<<<<<

keep in touch please, I will keep popping on here, but I want to know how your training day goes... email me..

Take care

Love

it seems unlikely to me that CD should set ff the gsll stones more than real food.

gall stones are supposed to be a really horrid pain.
I'm so sorry that physical stuff has stopped you again, but i think it has to take precedence over the diet.

for what it's worht the new Keyhole surgey has revolutionised Cholecystectomy (= gall bladder removal.) 20 yrs ago it was major surgery with an unpleasant post op period. Now it canbe done as a daycase. My H's secretary had it done 2 weeks ago ,just by coincidence. She was home the same day & mobile within 2-3.

Love
Hope the pain has settled today.
tell us how you get on at the dos. they hadn't considered you for an op I rmember,but does this second bout so soon after the first alter the situation?

Hope the pain has settled today.
tell us how you get on at the dos. they hadn't considered you for an op I rmember,but does this second bout so soon after the first alter the situation?

Hi Jane,

Luckily i pay into Bupa cover thru work, so going down that route, can't put up with the pain!! So therefore I have an appointment with the consultant surgeon on Wednesday!

Will let you know how I get on...

Love

Ooh that's better. Lucky you for having the Bupa!

Being told you can see the surgeon next week must be so much more encouraging than being told you can see him next Year!

Please tell us how you get on.
Also what if anything he has to say about CD. It's low fat so that has to be a good thing for the Gallbladder.

Back