Diary: Shroomfest - episode 2 - Experiencing the evil maintenance. :-)

Lostris, you aren't on your own...i know exactly what you mean about some of the threads. Pls don't go or I will have to use my search skills and drag you kicking and screaming back again! We neeeeeeed you!
Ps, get well soon xxx

Don't let it bug you :hug99: I do think it's tough to stick around once you are at goal, but it's such a shame when people further on in the 'game' go :(

You do need to put yourself in a different mode or it can drive you crazy.

I really hope you hang around, but understand if it just gets too much.

Lots or love.

Hiya

I'll definately hang around, some people I just can't miss, just seem to post a lot less heheh. :p

Me and Serena made eachother promise we'd hang around even after goal etc etc. :cool: Not sure if she remembers hahah!!

Forum just seems a lot less interesting, no offence, than it was when I was still on SS etc and some sillyness just.... bugs me. I feel like posting ' oh my god, seriously? :confused::copon:' in quite a bit of the threads really. :eek::eek::eek:

I guess I won't be posting a lot of food stuff (as in, I had x calories) on here anymore it should take away my obsessedness. Or at least, I hope it will. I still count calories, in my head, but not in exact nrs. I use approx nrs eg. breakkie was about 500kcal so got like 1300 left.. stuff like that. Try to stick to 1800 for a while now since 1700 was fine and didn't gain on it. ;) Seem to have found my balance though.

Will be doing 15,5mile bikeride 2x a week to get to internship location. It will be quite good for me as it'll definately take away the whole ' but I can't have this biccie it'll put me above my kcal' -thing. :p It should help me relax a bit more.

Quite a bit of the people posting on this maintenance forum have really helped me along my journey, including you of course. I would be sad to leave but I just got this itch or something.. Hard to explain. :confused:

Lots of love back my dear KD! :vibes:

Lostris, you aren't on your own...i know exactly what you mean about some of the threads. Pls don't go or I will have to use my search skills and drag you kicking and screaming back again! We neeeeeeed you!
Ps, get well soon xxx

Hiya,

I don't plan on going, as said above. I guess I'll just stick to random life ramblings in here with some food added from time to time. ;) This diary makes me feel a bit obligated to post about food when I shouldn't have to post about food all the time. :p

Will just stick to this forum, mainly, should keep the annoyance level down haha. :D

I live in the Netherlands, I dare you to find me. :D

I have made some cherished new friends on this forum so really leaving would be hard.. :confused: I;m such an emotional lil mushy mushy person. :eek:

Guess KD is right, need to look at it all differently. ;)

Feeling better today coldwise, still have the cold but not dripping snot nd all. hahah. Too much info, I know. Sorry ;-)

Big hugs xxx

I know what you mean, I find it's the same sort of posts all the time. Sometimes I scroll over the page and the majority of it is negativity. I don't let it bother me too much, hence why I try and throw in some positivity to balance it out. As much as we all try to keep the good vibes going, sometimes it's for some reason not what people want to hear? I know that doesn't make sense but it's true. Usually when you're doing badly at something you don't want to hear how good someone else is doing. You want other people who are doing just as badly to speak to, to almost make you feel better? Sometimes it bugs me, sometimes it doesn't. In an ideal world everyone would do brilliantly, but it isn't an ideal world. Some people are ready and some people aren't. I truly believe in order to change your life you have to be ready xx

Hope you're ok this morning :) weekend ! woo hooo!! xx

Heya!

You definately are one of the positive people yep. Your topics generally make me smile as they're a nice balancing addition to the negativity:p

Totally get what you're saying about having to be ready and all. When you're not, you won't get far. With weightloss it's important you yourself really, really want to do it. ;)

I guess I understand what you're saying about people who feel bad wanting to hear from others feeling worse 'nd all, but it's quite depressing. This should be a lovely, positive forum and everyone wants to make such wonderful positive changes... why are there so many topics highlighting all the negatives, there should be more about the positives. Sometimes it just really, really gets to me.

The stuff I have conquered through CD in 6months time I never, ever, would've been able to with any other diet in any other way. This diet is such a blessing and it just.. seems some people throw it away. Makes me a bit sad to be honest. :eek:

Am feeling a bit better today cold-wise, I have slept like 20 hours hahah.
xxx

--------
Tomorrow is mothers day here in the Netherlands. Think UK date is different right? Will be getting her an expensive perfume she looooooves ;) and will be cooking 3 - 4 course dinner on Sunday with home made Tiramisu as desert. :eek: Never made it myself before but a house mate of mine has and it's looooovely. :rolleyes:

Will be going to my uncles party next week, he and his girlfriend have been together for 12,5 years or something. I will be seeing a lot of my family for the first time since I started CD... I will be wearing a lovely skinny black dress, skincolour tights//maillot... whatever it;s called in English!!, and hopefully black pumps.. I just need to buy the pumps and it's complete ;)

Will try to get a piccie up of me in full dress+everything else+ hair nd makeup fixed etc. but will not be till next week ;-).

I am actually considering getting a haircut but I have no idea what I want.. I'm trying to get my hair vvvv long.

On another note.. Concerning a good friend of mine his mum has ALS (google it, hard to explain but basically means she will probably be gone in 6 months.. It's a neuromuscular desease, very progressive and there is no treatment whatsoever. After diagnosis most people pass away within 1.5-3yrs..) and has had a food-peg thing put in last wednesday... I want to support him but I don't know how. :confused: We meet up and have dinner / watch movies etc regularly and all, I worry about him a lot. He is a very down to earth beta-person, he doesn't generally deal with stuf emotionally.... but now his mother is dying. :confused: Doctor told them it will be less than a year last week... :wave_cry:

xxx

Last edited:
Lostris, pleeease don't leave the forums! I do understand how you feel about some of the threads. Some of them, if you get sucked in, could kid you into thinking that cheats are OK, and there are some mad questions asked for sure. I post on those threads less and less, because you get the feeling people aren't really listening. But I think those threads have a place, and have seen people go from being serial cheaters to pretty focused once they get into the zone.

But being positive is so motivating, and the support is so lovely when you do have a rotten day (as I found on Friday). Positivity is the way to go... in life, not just on Minis.

My reasons for wanting you to stay are purely selfish, just want you to stick around, your sweet, positive slant on things is great and your empathy for anyone struggling with unhappiness or emotional eating is fantastic... I agree, it's the little naggy things that get to you. But you have done so well, SO well, a fantastic journey in so, so many ways. You cannot make everyone take the same chances and make the same changes, because often they will not be ready for it. Just be glad for yourself, and proud, because you are an inspiration to many of us.

And get well soon. Hugs.

xxx

Good morning :)

I know what you mean about the forum threads doubling up etc. I was going to moan about it on my diary lol! The kebab one got me the other night! Honestly!!

I've sent you a friend request, hope you don't mind! And while I was there I also sent them to Katycakes, Lelly and Serena...

Huge hugs about your friend's mum, that is just so sad.

xxx

Lostris, pleeease don't leave the forums! I do understand how you feel about some of the threads. Some of them, if you get sucked in, could kid you into thinking that cheats are OK, and there are some mad questions asked for sure. I post on those threads less and less, because you get the feeling people aren't really listening. But I think those threads have a place, and have seen people go from being serial cheaters to pretty focused once they get into the zone.

But being positive is so motivating, and the support is so lovely when you do have a rotten day (as I found on Friday). Positivity is the way to go... in life, not just on Minis.

My reasons for wanting you to stay are purely selfish, just want you to stick around, your sweet, positive slant on things is great and your empathy for anyone struggling with unhappiness or emotional eating is fantastic... I agree, it's the little naggy things that get to you. But you have done so well, SO well, a fantastic journey in so, so many ways. You cannot make everyone take the same chances and make the same changes, because often they will not be ready for it. Just be glad for yourself, and proud, because you are an inspiration to many of us.

And get well soon. Hugs.

xxx

Awww Katy. As said above, don't plan on leaving but for my own good I must get less focussed on food. Going okay so far, have had STS for about a week and eat whatever I want basically (not candy or kcal wise but more like oh i feel like sandwich with chicken or oh I'll have rice pudding for desert etc etc)

I guess you're right, people do have to get into that frame of mind where they want to go for it 100%. I really don't blame anyone nor am I upset at anyone for not doing CD 100% it's just the amount of ''cheat'' threads... well, I can just imagine how it'd put others down... it would totally put me down if I were still on SS. :rolleyes:

Feeling better today. Will be cooking most of the day, it's mothersday and will make a 4 course meal ;) Made desert yesterday, huuuuge batch of Tiramisu.

You always compliment me so much, it makes me a bit uncomfortable. :eek::eek::eek: I have trouble finding adequate responses to compliments because though I see I've come very far, ... I am still quite hard on myself. :eek: Thanks for believing in me my dear! You're such a great friend to me on here. *big hugs*

xxx

Good morning :)

I know what you mean about the forum threads doubling up etc. I was going to moan about it on my diary lol! The kebab one got me the other night! Honestly!!

I've sent you a friend request, hope you don't mind! And while I was there I also sent them to Katycakes, Lelly and Serena...

Huge hugs about your friend's mum, that is just so sad.

xxx

Hi Sarette! Welcome to my thread, I think? If you've posted before I'm sorry I may have forgotten. I've accepted your friend request, the more the merrier ;):D

I read the kebab one too, yea. Whaha. :confused::confused: Some things I just don't really get, ah well. I feel a bit old whining about threads really. :rolleyes: Seems childish and like something my grandmother would do all at once. :eek: I just thought the diet was very clear and easy, SS = 3 packs or 4 and lots of water / tea / black coffee and that's it! No more, no kebab, no diet coke, no other add ons to make it seem better for ya. Just don't get why some people don't seem to understand it :eek: Note theres a difference between understanding it and doing it and not understanding it and doing it... Oh bah I'm ranting. Should get dressed :/

xxxx

Ah Lostris, sorry with the compliments... I am rubbish at accepting them too, so I do understand. I just see you & Serena as heroes and I do get a bit over enthusiastic sometimes! Easy to see great qualities in someone else, not so easy to see those things in yourself. But I wasted so much time when I was young feeling I wasn't good enough in a million ways, just want you to do it differently!

Think you are dead right with the neg food threads. I found SS easy too, or not EASY but very clear. And then after a while, reading lots of posts, I found it harder... and on 810 the temptations seemed to be everywhere. Those posts made it harder. But I have to admit I hate the posts where people are telling others how to basically cheat & get away with it, they just upset me. Because you may be having a bad day & see those posts and it could just finish you off.

Anyway... sun shining, have a fab Sunday!

xxx

Ya know, we'll never be able to stop those threads :( Back in the early days there used to be big rows about it :eek:

Hence the 100% forum and the SS forum. And why I throw a paddy about cheating threads on the 100% forum. It was made for a reason, because people wanted to have a place for positive threads only, for exactly the same reasons as people have mentioned here....to get away from the more negative threads.

But it hasn't worked that way, and though I've done my best, I can't watch it all the time and nobody reports the negative ones, so I have to assume that people want both forums to be identical :rolleyes:

Annoying, but there ya go.

Meanwhile, I do firmly believe that if you want something enough, doesn't matter too much what others are saying. You've proved that :clap:

Ah Lostris, sorry with the compliments... I am rubbish at accepting them too, so I do understand. I just see you & Serena as heroes and I do get a bit over enthusiastic sometimes! Easy to see great qualities in someone else, not so easy to see those things in yourself. But I wasted so much time when I was young feeling I wasn't good enough in a million ways, just want you to do it differently!

Think you are dead right with the neg food threads. I found SS easy too, or not EASY but very clear. And then after a while, reading lots of posts, I found it harder... and on 810 the temptations seemed to be everywhere. Those posts made it harder. But I have to admit I hate the posts where people are telling others how to basically cheat & get away with it, they just upset me. Because you may be having a bad day & see those posts and it could just finish you off.

Anyway... sun shining, have a fab Sunday!

xxx

Hehe. :eek: I just always have this feeling like' oh but you don't deserve that compliment, if you accept it you're a fraud ' -feeling. :confused::mad:

Thanks for wishing the best for me hon, means a lot. I wish all the best for you, too, obviously. (Better beware, this thread is getting a bit mushy :D)

I definately dislike the " I cheat every weekend and still lose 10lb" - posts. They encourage people to go offplan and they don't realise how bad it can be for them. Same with alcoholthreads. People going around ' oh but I was fine '! That inspires others to do the same while they can get into a bloody coma! Wake up!! What the hell are you advising others??!!?!?! :confused::confused::confused: Baaah! Wow ctrl b is bold here? Didn't know that.... lalalaal ctrl i works too.. Wooow. Ok, back on topic.

Bad posts like that misleading others bug me loads too.

Had a lovely day, cooked huge and way too much food lol.. with the homemade tiramisu desert... sigh. It was lovely. *heart emoticon*

Hope you had a decent day today my dear xxx

Ya know, we'll never be able to stop those threads :( Back in the early days there used to be big rows about it :eek:

It's KD, omg! I must multi quote now or she will think I lost my quote touch. ;) Can imagine the rows, people go to 100% forum to discuss e.g. 810 plan. Not 810 plan + booze + chips + choco chip cookies... Nope, just 810 plan. Same for 1000 plan. Seems to be weird to do really, which is why this forum is a blessing.

I think a forum with positive threads is good, sadly it's a dream that'll never be realised ;)

Hence the 100% forum and the SS forum. And why I throw a paddy about cheating threads on the 100% forum. It was made for a reason, because people wanted to have a place for positive threads only, for exactly the same reasons as people have mentioned here....to get away from the more negative threads.
uhuh, uhuh... Negativity can really break you up on a bad day. :(
But it hasn't worked that way, and though I've done my best, I can't watch it all the time and nobody reports the negative ones, so I have to assume that people want both forums to be identical :rolleyes:

Why have 1 forum about the full detailed results of having a chicken kebab if you can have 2?!!

Get what you're saying, no worries I am sure noone expects you to be everywhere and fix everything. I just wish, sometimes, that everyone would understand and instead of getting greatly offended they can't post about cheating, realise they're giving others a hard time and that posting in another forum part with the same people (well almost that is) makes it easier on everyone... Sigh. Could go on for hours but don't want to make this thread about that LOL!

Annoying, but there ya go.

Meanwhile, I do firmly believe that if you want something enough, doesn't matter too much what others are saying. You've proved that :clap:

True. Most of us here are stronger than we give ourselves credit for. I've gone through rough patches in my past and even though I'm still really young there are some things I've learned really, really fast and that will benefit me for the rest of my life... Hmhm.

xxx

It's KD, omg! I must multi quote now

:rotflmao:

Can imagine the rows, people go to 100% forum to discuss e.g. 810 plan. Not 810 plan + booze + chips + choco chip cookies... Nope, just 810 plan. Same for 1000 plan. Seems to be weird to do really, which is why this forum is a blessing.

In hindsight, the rows were ummm, confusing at best :D Ended up with lots of people rowing about different things, people taking thing too personally, lots of mixed messages.

Why have 1 forum about the full detailed results of having a chicken kebab if you can have 2?!!

Exactly :D

there are some things I've learned really, really fast and that will benefit me for the rest of my life... Hmhm.

xxx

Yay, and you know, you can learn a lot by the negative threads if you are strong enough to read them. We learn by making mistakes, but we can take a few short cuts by letting others make them for us ;)

Yay, and you know, you can learn a lot by the negative threads if you are strong enough to read them. We learn by making mistakes, but we can take a few short cuts by letting others make them for us ;)

That smacks of evil genius :sign0151:

In hindsight, the rows were ummm, confusing at best :D Ended up with lots of people rowing about different things, people taking thing too personally, lots of mixed messages.

Hahah! Ends up lik that a lot it seems.. Ah well.

Quite true. I am usually strong enough to read them they just leave a bit... frustrated I guess. Might not be the right word.

Wow...good posts! :happy096:

<3 :D

Thanks for that little reminder :copon: :D

Have enjoyed catching up on this thread, you've made some great points!!

Loves ya
xx

Hahah!! Love you honni xxx

--------

Been having a few nice days, very very busy. 19hours of internship in 2 days.. pfff. Way much. Am quite tired!

Have bycecled around 30miles in the past 2 days so that's good. Feel so soooo tired :eek: Not very interesting I know but... yeh.. thats about it :')

xxx

I have to admit I have no idea what that means but it sounds impressive anyway! Glad you have had a nice few days.

xx

Hahah!! It;'s like work practice, internship is like... you visit a person who does what you want to do later and sit with them while they treat clients and be allowed to treat clients for practice etc ;-)

The bikeride was more impressive. I've eaten HUGE dinners on both days because I was raving hungry and I lost 0,2kg.. which is great because if I keep that up that'd mean I'd lose 2,0kg which is about 4lbs in 10 weeks by just doing that.. mmm. :p Yes still a bit obsessed with that hahah!! :D

Had a good day, had a bit of choccies and all.. truffle noir smth smth from cote d' or.. My gosh, lush <3

xxx

Lostris, just thought I would send you a BIG HUG from Singapore!!!!

xxx

Will do Sleepy!

xxx

Lostris, just thought I would send you a BIG HUG from Singapore!!!!

xxx

OOOOOOOOOOOOHH!!!

WICKED! Thanks. Lots of pics, lots!!! I want to see themm!!! :p

Have a great time hon xxx

I'm having a nice time 'nd there's a boy I like whose really sweet etc etc.. Minimins is way less interesting than that!! XD

Foodwise I'm fine too, pretty steady, no binge-urges or anything so am doing well. Will go swimming tomorrow, ieeks! and probably running on sunday...

Whoo hoo!

xxx

Back