DIARY

Oh hun im so sorry ur still having a really tough time. Im with you on the eating and hating eating bit I dont understand how I can't just stop sometimes. Its madness. I hope you get somewhere with the nurse and good luck with the 2 shake option. You will get there hun. xxxxx

Yup im with mary - this forum and us will be here when you need it/us :)

P.s .... :hug99: xxx

Oh Iris ****big hugs**** I don't know what to say .... just know we're here when you need us :eek: xx

Aww Iris, I was about to pm you to see how you were doing? I hope you're feeling a bit mro positive this morning?
You know- this place is a great place to vent, or ask for support whenever you're feeling low? When you're having a bad day (or moment) why not just come on here and post in your diary (thats what it's for after all!). Sometimes just letting it all out helps?
I hope your decision to go back on the shakes is the right one? I'm not being negative, but you know how hard it is to do LT, and you really need to be int he right headspace to be ab;e to do it properly iykwim?
I'm now out of my 'window' too, but am making a conscious effort to cut out the cr*p foods I was picking at continuously, whether I was hungry or not. I've got 2 full weeks before my Christmas party and I want to look great that night, not self-conscious because I'm bloated from all the rubbish I've been snacking on. From today it's back to basics. I'm stocking up on my veg and stuff like seafood sticks (after I saw them on Tanya's diet) and prawns to snack on. Plus highlights hot choc as my 'choc' treat before bed! LOL!
Don't be a stranger? I'm on here 4-5 times every day, I don't always post as I don't feel I have much to say now I'm off LT if that makes sense? I just post when I feel I can contribute something? (or think I am! LOL!)

Thanks everyone for your posts:)
Update on me!!!! Not the greatest of reading but nontheless I will let you know as you all will hopefully understand.

Had my appt, and my bloods taken. Got a letter the other day to say to go back and see the doc as the blood test came back.

Well, my thyroid medication has been increased as it is low. He weighed me and in total since August I have put just over a stone on!!! But I dont feel it is all to do with my thyroid, but at least I know now.

No funds available regarding NLP or the fact I have a food issue....I just dont think they are interested, but I just have to accept that to be honest. I dont feel annoyed or anything, just resigned that I need to sort myself out.

No point saying I will do it now with Christmas coming up.

So, my 2 shakes didnt work as I couldnt commit. My head is saying back to LT in January; knock out food entirely again, get to well below my goal and then go to a slimming club after! I hate that I am at that point again, but I just dont enjoy food, but I cant stop! But I can when on LT!!! So, watch this space folks.

I am ok within myself; not feeling sorry for myself and there is a few things in the pipeline that I am looking into, so trying to stay positive.

I am so sorry that I havent been on..I have been peeping in and seeing how you are all doing....

Again, thanks for all being there and I look forward to being part of the flock again!

If I dont come on again before Christmas I WISH YOU ALL A LOVELY CHIRSTMAS AND NEW YEAR AND HOPE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!!!

IRRRRRRRRRIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! :D You have been missed around here.

Glad you finally found out what was wrong and i hope you are able to get some control back soon. I understand completly about it being xmas and just not into it - im exactly the same.

As before, this place is here when you need us :D

So if you are not around before crimbo and a jolly good time and importantly enjoy yourself :D xxx

Yes - good to hear your update Iris! Have a great Christmas and get back on here and let us know what's happening in the New Year!!! I know you'll be able to sort yourself out.
Let's know when you're in Liverpool won't you! xx

Hi Everyone

Hope you all had a great Christmas and Santa was good to you all!

Best Christmas ever for me........so, I intend to set the scene now for a great 2010!!!!!! Our 10th Wedding Anniversary year, so things need to be sorted once and for all :)

1.) I am going into the office Wed/Thur of this week, with the intention of getting my LT again. (pharmacy is where I work). I was going to wait until next week before starting, but I dont see why I should. I am so sick fed up with food that I just want to get started and the New Year isnt a big deal to me.

2.) I intend to do the 12 week course regarding the food addiction that I have been putting off for the past year! No more, need to get to the bottom of this; it isnt food that I am addicted to, I realise this is covering up something else, which I dont know what! So, hopefully they have a course starting at the beg of Jan that I can start.

3.) Was petrified to go back onto the main forum as I didnt want to be another statistic, but I have bitten the bullet and done it and well, let's be honest, I am not doing well, so need to admit this and the forum played such a big part in my life last time, so I need it and you guys too.

I will be on here too :)

Hope you are all doing well; take my hat off to you guys, esp you Jan!!! You are a leader and inspiration.......

Will keep you all posted, and again, thank you so much for all your support the past 9 months!!!!!

Take care

Well done Iris for facing up to everything and finding the best way forward for you. I don't tend to frequent the main LT forum so do keep us here in touch with what you're up to and how it's going for you.

I'm struggling with the Christmas stuff!! I think the test for me will be if/how I get back on the wagon when all the chocs have gone! :eek::eek:

I really look forward to seeing how it goes for you xx

Hi Jan
Thanks :) I will no doubt be on the maintenance as much as the main forum :).I am sure once the chocs have gone you will be at the point of being so sick of them that you will be glad to eat healthily, but yes, it will be tough....

I am looking forward to getting started (well, for now I am). I am sure it will be tough in places, but I have my head in the right place, which is great.

Take care

Nice to see you around here Iris, I too have been missing for a few weeks, but I will see you on the lipotrim and maintenance forum in January, I am going to do lipotrim for about 3 weeks, just to get my head back to where it was before all this food.

Best wishes to you hunni xxx

Thanks Mary!

We will be on the main forum no doubt over the next few weeks!!!! :) And on here also; this forum feels more of my home !!!
(this is wishful thinking too)..

UPDATE

Hi Folks

I am being true to my word this time! I went to the pharmacy today and got weighed...YIKES!! Almost 2 stone on!! But, in some ways it wasnt a shock..I kinda knew from being weighed at docs the other week.

So, I have my shakes and I start tomorrow, so tonight is my last meal (again)!!!!!

I feel so relieved to be starting.

My NY Resolution is to get to the bottom of why I eat the way I do! I cant be using LT all the time, so I need to learn why!!!!!!!

Application Form is now waiting to be posted and I will be hopefully starting the Coping Skills course on 21st January.

I will still come on here. My goal is to lose the 2 stone and the half stone I didnt get to to get to around 10 stone, but will be even happy with 9 and a half stone....but, ultimately, I am going to try and use this time wisely...

So, if I ever get cocky about this LT lark, give me a good kick and bring me back to reality! I shouldnt be at this stage again!!

Want to wish you all the best 2010 ever!!!!!

Take care everyone

Hi Iris ... well you've faced the music and are getting your head in gear... 2st isn't that much when you say it quick ;) ... It's only about 8wks in LT terms isn't it but you're right you need to learn some lessons for when it comes to keeping it off again - and you're certainly not on your own there! I can hardly believe how I've stuffed myself this past week and i don't seem to be able to stop! The plan was to 'start again' today but I haven't - I'm polishing off tree chocs and cakes and biscuits etc etc etc - I think my stomach may burst!! :eek:
Let us know how you get on won't you? I don't tend to go on the LT forum but I'll look out for your diary assuming you're going to keep one.
There's a certain security in the shakes isn't there? There must be something hugely psychologically meaningful in that fact! :)

Best of luck xxxx

Hi Jan

Yes, I needed to face the music; I just wasnt ready before, even although I was hating eating and just not enjoying it!!!

So, Day 1....YIPPEEE....actually, it has been ok and I am just suffering a headache and that is about it. I dont feel deprived in any way, just glad I got my resolve back again.

But, yes, Jan, I need to get to the bottom of the whole eating thing and why I eat the way I do..... If I dont, I wont be able to maintain when I come back off, so I am looking forward to the course as well!!!

WAW!!!! This has to be it, surely!!!!!

And yes saying 2st quickly doesnt sound so bad..haha....liar!!! Just as well I know you now Jan ;-).

Not sure about the diary on the forum, but I will keep it going on the maintenance.....do you think that is ok? Or do you reckon I should start one on main.

Ooo no I wasn't saying I thought you should do a diary Iris - or, if you did where you should do it! You need to do whatever you feel comfortable with and will work best for you. I only mentioned it because you said you'd been back on there to say you were going to TFR again. But what you're doing is all part of your maintenance journey really isn't it I guess?

As long as I can find you :):) ...

I'm glad day 1 went okay, you'll soon get sorted. I'm looking forward to seeing how the course goes for you too - what kind of things it covers etc, whatever you're willing to share really.

Take care xx

Iris!! :D Good for you for getting back on LT and i hope it all goes ok :) I also hope that you can conquer your ny resolution - that'd be fantastic for you! :D

Good luck chicken, and dont be a stranger around this side :) xxx

Iris!! :D Good for you for getting back on LT and i hope it all goes ok :) I also hope that you can conquer your ny resolution - that'd be fantastic for you! :D

Good luck chicken, and dont be a stranger around this side :) xxx

Thanks Tanya...if I am as successful as you second time around, I will be a happy bunny indeed!!!!!!!!!

No fear, I will keep coming on cause the maintenance feels more my spiritual home, as such ;-)!!

Ooo no I wasn't saying I thought you should do a diary Iris - or, if you did where you should do it! You need to do whatever you feel comfortable with and will work best for you. I only mentioned it because you said you'd been back on there to say you were going to TFR again. But what you're doing is all part of your maintenance journey really isn't it I guess?

As long as I can find you :):) ...

I'm glad day 1 went okay, you'll soon get sorted. I'm looking forward to seeing how the course goes for you too - what kind of things it covers etc, whatever you're willing to share really.

Take care xx

haha ..you did make me laugh Jan...but, you do make me think a lot of the time ;) But I have started a diary on the main forum, I think it might just help me and others how it is during the whole process of LT!!! So, I will keep my Diary on here and also on the main forum...you will always find me :) Never disappear anyway !!! hahaha

I will keep you all posted about the course, and how it is changing me!

I was watching a program today about people that had lost weight....not sure if you remember the guy that lost about 30stone in months,,,think it was 18 or 20 months with the help of GMTV...he lost it with eating sensibly and running/exercise. Well, he was on and he has a food addiction too...and even although he is now 14 st he was staying that he cant shop for a weeks worth of food, has to be daily as he still has food issues. That saddened me, because I dont want to think that is it for me too! I want to be able to live like a normal person and I know I will always have to watch, but I felt sad for him....made me more determined I wont let this ruin my life!!!

So, I am really enjoying LT!!! wawehhhh..hahah...Looking forward to my second shake, but trying to hold off as late as possible so I can have my last one around 8-9pm!

I was watching a program today about people that had lost weight....not sure if you remember the guy that lost about 30stone in months,,,think it was 18 or 20 months with the help of GMTV...he lost it with eating sensibly and running/exercise. Well, he was on and he has a food addiction too...and even although he is now 14 st he was staying that he cant shop for a weeks worth of food, has to be daily as he still has food issues. That saddened me, because I dont want to think that is it for me too! I want to be able to live like a normal person and I know I will always have to watch, but I felt sad for him....made me more determined I wont let this ruin my life!!!
QUOTE]

I'd be interested to see that programme Iris - can you remember the name of it? Maybe I can catch up with it sometime.

I know what you mean about wanting to be able to live like a normal person. The only thing about that is - I bet every person we would think of as 'normal' has their own strategy for managing their life and that they vary tremendously.

Personally I think that recognising the issues and subsequently finding a way to manage them - even if it's 'shopping every day' is the battle .... if not won, then at least contained and managed.

I only say this in case hoping to make it to 'normal' (?????) could mean seeing 'recognising and managing' as failure when it's sooooooooooooooo much more than that. I would count that as total success myself - and any further progress as a bonus.

I don't mean to lecture but we're very good at finding fault with ourselves - never feeling we're quite 'good enough' or doing 'well enough' ... and perhaps not quite so good at congratulating ourselves on how far we've come and how well we're doing ...me included. xxx

Back