DIARY

Isn't it Frankie & Benny's? Isn't Ben & Jerry's ice cream?? (Mmmmmm cookie dough ... mmmmmmmmmm ;)) Or maybe it's somewhere else entirely.

Hope you're doing okay today Iris and you enoyed your night out.

As you'll probably see elsewhere - time to take my own advice. I think I'll be ordering those books for myself :eek: (What ARE we like???!!!!) xx

ahahah..yes Jan Frankie and Bennys......never been before and I wouldnt go again to be honest.....not my type of food one bit, too fast foody for me!
The stuffed mushroom, and I emphasise SINGULAR MUSHROOM!!! was a let down and had a very strange taste...didnt enjoy it at all and was expecting a plateful not ONE!! HAHA

The burger was ok, but they gave me fries; I did ask for a spud, but eh ho.....I did have a few; not going to lie, but they were not too nice at all.

So, not a place I would ever chose to go to ever again!!! The company was lovely actually and we had a nice evening.

haha- I have just replied to your post...yes, a right blooming pair!! But, you know, I am sure it is the tapestry of life....we all have our problems and need to deal with them!!!! All I can say is, I am glad I love my job and my homelife!!!!! Can you imagine that being dire too...oh, doesnt bear thinking about.

I am going to pop into the local bookshop today to have a nosey at them and see before I order online, but thinking it might be best to buy in the shop with this postal strike! I am looking forward to getting into them though, so will keep you posted.

THURSDAY 29 OCTOBER
BREKKIE - 45g of Alpen
wait for it!!!
1 x banana and a tangarine....WAW!!!!
With milk

Havent a clue what to have for lunch or dinner, so that is a bit worrying as I do fancy a sandwich from Boots!!mmm...will fill you in later as to what I decide.

Your brekkie today sounds delish!!!! :drool:

Shame you didnt enjoy the food last night, i love frankie and bennys but glad you had good company and a nice time :) xxx

Glad to see you are doing better Iris, it really does help to talk.

I agree with the food at Frankie and Bennys, I went there once and would never go again, it was disgusting, would prefer to stay home and have a slice of toast.

Nice to see you a little cheerier xxx

Folks

I cant post about me,,,just not right about me and well, the less I think about me the better!

All I can say is a decision has been made to go on TFR after next Saturday....I have a few functions this coming week, and next Saturday. About half a stone put on, and it cant continue, and the only way I can get my head in gear is to take food out.

I am upset at ME, and it goes against all I have ever posted about TFR being a crutch, but I need it...appt will be made as well next week for the docs...time to take action.

I am posting this not for you to feel sorry for me...I am so worried about you feeling like that for me. I am a strong and successful woman (I have to keep telling myself this)..something is just not right and I am eating and I cant put my finger on it..wish I could cause then I might be able to face and confront it...but it is buried too deep I reckon.

I will keep you posted, but I may not post much cause I just dont feel I have anything to give at the mo.

I will keep coming on and peeking in though....

Feel sorry for you??? Iris I have far too much respect for you to insult you by feeling 'sorry' for you.

We are all strong, successful women with an issue we need a bit of help with ...... so?

Isn't it a HUGE achievement to acknowledge that and take steps to deal with it?

As you know I've had issues with LT as a company but the programme does exactly what it says on the tin and as a by-product gets us looking at these issues and inspires us to do something about them while we are of a weight acceptable to ourselves - and therefore stop us going back to somewhere we really don't want to be.

I understand how you're feeling Iris but please don't stop posting. If it's only to say you're still around - you don't have to feel you need to 'give' anything. There's a time for giving and a time for 'getting back' - please give us the opportunity to 'give back' to you for all your fabulous support.

Having said that, as you know I'm going away but I'll be thinking about you and looking forward to catching up when I get back.

Look where you are now compared to where you were a few short months ago ...... and whatever you do ... DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*********HUGS********* xxx

Iris, your post and your decisions just show what a strong lady you indeed are, at least you are taking the right steps to look at these issues that you have and your Doctor is the best person who can help you with this.

Please keep posting, just to say hello, you dont have to talk about what you ate or didnt eat, but just come on and have a chinwag.

Big hugs Iris xxx

Thanks Jan and Mary!

I wont disappear... I promise. I just didnt want to remain silent and you think I had done a runner!

Jan, have a wonderful time in USA! Will be thinking of you.

xx

Nice to see you! And thanks - I will! :) xx

Just a little update on ME :-0
I am doing ok and been very stable the past week, which is good. I seem to have found that control again. Not sure where it came from other than I just didnt want to go up a size!!!!!!

I started with the shakes, but to be honest I have been so focussed that I have only had a few, but had salads most of the time...still dont eat when I get back from the gym though, and probably never will to keep maintaining properly.

I have my main meal around 2-3pm which seems to keep me going and havent felt hungry at all..so, I think it is just finding what is working best for me.

I had a lovely comment today from a lady that works at the bank......she asked me if I had lost weight! Not been asked for for a good month or so as people have got used to it!!!!! IT WAS SO NICE.....made me think that in some ways I wonder if we miss this attention? You know, like in the beginning or the end of our LT journey and the weight has fallen off and EVERYONE comments (well, some dont out of jelousy), but then it stops.....I wonder, just wonder if this is when the weight piles on again!! I am sure I read another post similar to what I am saying once before.
If just was food for thought for me and how I like that attention!!!!! It has kinda given me a little boost today which is really nice and I readily welcome it :)

I wont record my food, etc...because I havent eaten a great deal, but I dont want to focus on that..I just want to be around :)

Take care and thanks to everyone for your concern, etc...you know who you are ;-) ;-)

One day at a time Iris.;):hug99:

I've been mainly lurking too, only posting where I feel I can contribute, but I'm still here!:)

Its so nice to hear you are doing ok and are regaining some of that control you had :D keep you chin up sweetie and you will get there - seems like you are already partially there :) xxx

Well done hun i went through the whole why isnt anyone noticing ive lost weight it really made me think bout wat i thought not other people. Its amazing how other people's opinions effect us. Well done on getting refocused and watever works for you alot of 'skinny' people i know have their big meal at lunch time so its very normal haha watever normal is. Good luck and well done on regaining your control.

One day at a time Iris.;):hug99:

I've been mainly lurking too, only posting where I feel I can contribute, but I'm still here!:)

Your contributions have ALWAYS been very helpful, truthful and honest and full of wisdom...keep lurking and posting :)

But, I know what you mean though....

Take care!!!

Now I had a situation tonight.....and I just need to share it - really to say well done Iris..hhahaha...as I do feel rather pleased with me.

I came home straight from work tonight and the hubby went to the gym on his own (he goes every day now). I just wanted to come home and relax and do some jobs and cook a nice healthy meal.

I got home, ALL ALONE..which isnt always a good thing when you binge/purge as it is an ideal opportunity to eat everything in sight. Well, we have a big box of real Turkish delight that hubbys mum sent us...well, I had one.....!!! EEEKKKK....slippery slope....

My intention was to make lamb burgers, bulgar wheat and a salad...and now I was going to start and eat junk!!! But, something clicked in my head...I went upstairs, tried on some clothes that are size 12's...then went downstairs and started making my burgers, etc!!! YIPPEEE...and, I enjoyed every single mouthful and didnt feel guilty about eating bulgar (carbs)!

Small thing, but I tell you, phycological....or however you spell it, it is a big thing on this bumpy journey of mine. I feel so pleased and proud as punch with myself.

You know, I love healthy food, I enjoy it and this is how I have been talking to myself tonight..why have all that junk when it just makes me really down and depressed....

Just thought I would share this :)

Well done hun dat is an amazing accomplishment! you shud be really proud. Great idea goin up and putting on some clothes you like in a small size. Keep it up you seem much more in control. xxxx

Thanks so much for all your help 2day its greatly appreciated.

Clothes are the important and main factor ;-)

Anytime Anne-Marie!! Just nice to know I am able to give again and impart a bit of positive energy!

Take care

WooHoo!! Iris that really is a break-through IMO! Priorities showing through - I don't think I could have just had one piece!

I've said it elsewhere - you know my feelings on our issues. Just glad to see you're around honey :) xxx

Back