DIARY

Scotsmist

Life is not a Rehersal!
Oh Folks

I know, I need to start it; was putting it off, but I think it will help with my own accountability.

Well, after weekend, I have got back on the straight and narrow! But, I didnt go to the pharmacy yesterday. only needed to go for my weigh in, so have decided (after the weekend blip) I would wait till Thursday and give myself a head start.

MONDAY 28 September
Brekkie - Shake
Lunch - chicken salad
Dinner - Was at friends and had something she made..dont know what it was, but consisted of: - Aubergine, mincemeat, tomatoes, onions and rice..had a small plate, but mostly meat/veg

Drinks - around 2 litres of water (not good for me), 4 coffees!!!! 1 Pepsi max

I know not a great deal was eaten today, but I wanted to really reign in because i wasnt so good at the weekend.

I will no doubt just be super duper careful over the next few days.

TUESDAY 29 September
Brekkie - Shake - last one gone now!!
Lunch - chicken salad, with some balsamic vinegar. Pepsi Max
Dinner - TO BE DECIDED :)

So far, drank 1 litre of water.

Hi iris will looking at your diary with interest. I think we have to recognise that if we have a few bad days, we need to be careful, in order to watch our weight, sounds like you are doing just that. good luck. xx

Thanks Mary and Joy :)
EDIT FOOD FOR TODAY.

Dinner - beef stir fry, salad with some light mayo/natural yoghurt.

Water so far - over 2.5 Litres

Will have some water melon later on...it is in the fridge getting nice and cold.

Hi,
hope all is well with you, keeping the diary will hopefully help to keep you focussed. All the best. You can do this no problems.
Doirin

Wednesday 30 September
Brekkie - ohhh..first one and not a shake!!
1 x quorn sausage, 2 x turkey rashers 2 x mushrooms, and cucumber = TOTAL UNDER 100 CALS!!!! (Can you believe it, less than the shake and hardly any carbs)!!!

STILL MISSED MY SHAKE THOUGH :)

Lunch (when it comes) - tuna salad (with 0% Fat Quark and an apple

Will add the rest later on.

I tried those quorn sausages once or twice before, and I felt I had to slice them in the middle to get them well cooked. Once well cooked I found them quite nice.

Hi,
hope all is well with you, keeping the diary will hopefully help to keep you focussed. All the best. You can do this no problems.
Doirin

Thanks Doirin.....getting into the swing of things now, and no crutch with the shakes all gone! I did toy with the idea of getting some more, just incase, but then i realised I was putting off the inevitable...so, eating I will do :)

How are you doing?

I tried those quorn sausages once or twice before, and I felt I had to slice them in the middle to get them well cooked. Once well cooked I found them quite nice.

Hi Mary

I put mine in the microwave...I know they dont look nice and brown, but they are fairly well cooked inside..but, they do take a little while if grilled. I have made sausage casseroles with them too and they are yummy (although need to put some oxo to give them a bit of flavour).

I thoroughly enjoyed brekkie, and not one bit hungry at all! I know calorie wise it isnt great, but I am still just trying to cut down at the minute; I am sure I will get to the happy medium eventually when I know I wont put on :)

I was reading in the other thread about your breakies Iris. Lizi's granola - from the Good Carb company is low GI/GL - 50gms of that with a little fruit and skimmed milk or ff fromage frais keeps you full for hours! In fact a long time ago I cut down to 35g because I felt as though 50 was too much for me and I've never put it back up but 50g is the average serving size.

Be careful you don't overdo the watermelon - I mean obviously you can have worse things ;) but it has quite a high sugar content - worse than any other melon. I'm sure the amount you have is fine and all things in moderation is what we aspire to - I just thought I'd mention it in case you weren't aware. xx

I was reading in the other thread about your breakies Iris. Lizi's granola - from the Good Carb company is low GI/GL - 50gms of that with a little fruit and skimmed milk or ff fromage frais keeps you full for hours! In fact a long time ago I cut down to 35g because I felt as though 50 was too much for me and I've never put it back up but 50g is the average serving size.

Be careful you don't overdo the watermelon - I mean obviously you can have worse things ;) but it has quite a high sugar content - worse than any other melon. I'm sure the amount you have is fine and all things in moderation is what we aspire to - I just thought I'd mention it in case you weren't aware. xx

Thanks Jan
Where can I get Lizi's Granola...I looked on every packet of cereal the other day and got myself in knots!!! I looked at Granola as I saw you had it most days......

I read about the water melon..normally we would have a full one between us!!! Seriously,,,we love it that much, but I cut it in half and we had only half, but I let DH have most.

Dinner - home made burgers, potato salad and salad.

Drink - 2 coffees and around 2.5ltrs water and 2 Pepsi max.
Snacks - watermelon and an apple

WE JOINED THE HEALTH CLUB!!!
So, I will do Monday - Coreball and Yoga
Wednesday - Aerobics (saw the class tonight and not too hard)

Will also swim/gym and sauna, etc on those nighs and also on a Friday and one day during weekend.
We are having the induction tomorrow for the gym and will have a program for me specifically for my stomach area :)

I am SO SO PLEASED we did it. As we always talk about it, but never do it! We have been discussing this centre for over a year now, so now it is done, dusted and paid for up till New Year, so we have to do it. I cant tell you how relieved I feel as I wasnt getting much exercise at all and I hate the cold weather so usually lock myself away from October!!! So, this will make me get out. Will go straight from work, so no getting home and sitting down and not wanting to go :)

I am off to the pharmacy tomorrow to get weighed. I feel ok.....so, if I STS I will be happy with this.

I bought a fab dress/jumper today.......from H&M...never ever bought anything from there! I still cant get used to what I see staring at me...eh girl, I thought, I look good and slim!!!!! So, I will wear this (like a long sweater) with my thick tights and long boots.....hehehe..feel like a kid.

I bought a Vintage tweed kimono off E-bay today; cant believe I won!!! It is amazing...60's Vintage and yellow tweed...looks like the type of thing twiggy would have worn! but I fell in love with it...I must try and get a pic when I have it on and post it :)

Gosh, a bit of a mammoth post tonight - eh!

Will let you know all how I get on tomorrow, and I will look out for that granola Jan! I dont think I will be able to eat quorn sausages all the time..I do miss cereal..although, once I start gyming it, I shouldnt have to be so worried as I will be burning off with exercise (hopefully)!!

My word you are going to be an active little bunny aren't you??!! Put me to shame! I hope you enjoy it. I went to the swimming pool today - first time since June. I'm still learning but I didn't keep still so that's something.
That kimono sounds like just my kind of thing, look forward to seeing it.

I get the plain granola in Tescos 500g pack £3.20 (?) and it's with the 'special' foods - you know the 'free froms' and all them - not with the other cereals. A couple of months ago I found the Treacle & Pecan variety in an international supermarket in Liverpool - its a bit sweet though.
original_small.jpg
Treacledoypacksmall.jpg
There are the best pics I could find - & here's the website .. http://www.lizis.co.uk/ I've tried other makes but haven't found one I like or that's as 'healthy' most of them are clusters which are rock hard. I feel as though I'm going to break my teeth! xx

Last edited:
congrats on your new purchases scots ;) they sound lovely,

and fair play to you joining the gym, i'm sure you will enjoy it :)

best of luck on weigh in today ;)

My word you are going to be an active little bunny aren't you??!! Put me to shame! I hope you enjoy it. I went to the swimming pool today - first time since June. I'm still learning but I didn't keep still so that's something.
That kimono sounds like just my kind of thing, look forward to seeing it.

I get the plain granola in Tescos 500g pack £3.20 (?) and it's with the 'special' foods - you know the 'free froms' and all them - not with the other cereals. A couple of months ago I found the Treacle & Pecan variety in an international supermarket in Liverpool - its a bit sweet though.
original_small.jpg
Treacledoypacksmall.jpg
There are the best pics I could find - & here's the website .. Lizi's - A Recipe for Living - Granola, Good Carb Food Company I've tried other makes but haven't found one I like or that's as 'healthy' most of them are clusters which are rock hard. I feel as though I'm going to break my teeth! xx

Brill, thanks Jan, I will go onto the website and have a look, although I will brave it into Tescos at lunchtime...I have a bit of a thing with Tescos...dont like them, but sometimes needs must :) :)

I will see if I can send the link to the kimono...oh, I cant wait for it to arrive....I had a fight with my inner self as to whether I really needed it, and the answer always was YES, YES, YES!!! I would be annoyed if I let it go as it was just brill and I love all the vintage gear now!

Good on you for swimming :) I cant swim very well; so long as my feet touch the bottom I am ok, but if not, then I am a wreck!! I might start swimming lessons at the club as they do them, as I am determined that my fear of the water will go this year...well, maybe next year :)

Cant wait to see the kimono Iris, jeez i dont think I have even heard that word since I was in school, when I used to wear a grey kimono over a white blouse - I loved it and it had a zip up the front - aaah memories.

Good luck for your WI today and wow, look at you, you little fitness fanatic, you put me to shame too.

Oh well, I will just have to swim many many laps from next week in the pool with the sun blazing down on me (hopefully - lol)

Back