DIARY

oh god love you pet, thats amazing that in this day and age they cant do anything for it,
at least everything else is ok,
and hopefully gym will help, can they give you anything for pain

Hi Sweetie,
not at all what you wanted, hope you are ok, will email you, take care,
Doirin

I know exactly how you feel Iris and there's nothing wrong with having a bit of sympathy for yourself - it's only what you'd have for anyone else.
I too have arthritis in my neck although not as painful as yours by the sound of it - not yet anyway ;)
The bane of my life is my thumb joints - the pain is terribly depressing sometimes and the thought that they can't get anything but worse - even more so. So I know where you're coming from believe me.
As my husband always says - age doesn't come on its' own and whatever we end up with has to be better than the alternative ..... No ...... I don't find that particularly helpful either ;) - well it depends on the mood :)

Chin up darlin' - what else can I say? :eek: xxxx

Aww Iris, big hugs hun, sorry to hear your news. I only hope that you can have more good days than bad days, and lets hope in this day and age, that research can come up with something new.

Tanya, you should get them in any supermarket.

Yes, Tanya any supermarket sells them; you can freeze them but I think they also last quite a while (unopened) in the fridge as well.

They are fairly cheap as well, but not sure how much...pretty useless knowing the price of things!

I've never seen them :( Mind you ive never even heard of them so havnt been looking :giggle:!

Ahhh iris :hug99: sorry to hear that about your neck, but im with mary, who knows whats around the corner medical wise. They could have a cure tomorrow!

I hope it eases up for you soon though :hug99: xxxx

HI everyone

I know I always post separate replies, but just dont have the time at the minute guys, sorry!

Thank you so much for your lovely posts....wish I could say I feel ok - I think it has hit me like a ton of bricks today and I have just had a big phone fight with one of my tenants!!!! I have just emailed my boss and told him that I dont want to deal with her any more. Just not worth it; it has reduced me to tears, which doesnt happen often,but I think I am just not myself at the mo!

Anyway, food wise over the weekend was ok, cant really remember what I had :) But it was all good.....

Off to the gym tonight for the first session on the coreball and then will have a bit of a relaxation time I reckon.

Monday 5 October
BREKKIE - Alpen, redcurrants, yoghurt.
LUNCH - Not sure,,,brought in salad and cottage cheese, but think I will go and get some chicken and make it a bit more substantial as only having soup when I get back from gym tonight.

HOpefully update later on IF I GET CHANCE!

Again, thanks everyone..I will be back to my usual self soon :)

Edit - update on food.
LUNCH - German ham and salad....oh yummy..it was so so tasty. An orange, 2 dried dates, 3 dried apricots.
DINNER - home made lentil soup

Last edited:
Oh Dear - so sorry Iris :eek: .... a little wallow isn't unhealthy. It can be quite cathartic in fact as long as you don't sink too deep!!

I feel for you and I'm thinking about you. ****hugs**** xxx

THANKS JAN!!!
I am doing ok now :) I am not usually the type to stay down for long...I just think life is just too short. My whole day was so bad, but luckily my boss is wonderful and well the tenant is being sorted out tomorrow. That will be a bad day, but I wont have to deal with her again after tomorrow (hopefully).

Been to the coreball session tonight which was brilliant and he knew about my neck, so made sure I didnt do anything to disturb it. It felt great though and I thoroughly enjoyed the session. So, will be doing that again next week.

Then had a swim, but could only do a few lengths as my neck was in agony. I didnt have any goggles and I was trying to keep my head up out of the water and it was putting strain on my neck, so I gave that up for tonight and then we just had a sauna, steam and jacuzzi for about 30 mins.......so very relaxed now.

Thanks so much your hugs Jan! I wont let this get me down; if I do, then it has won and I am not prepared for that! NO way....I want to have a good life and I dont intend for this bloody thing to stop me....so, long as I tell someone I am struggling it helps to bring it to the open..and I am usually ok.... ;-)

I think I will sleep tonight though as I feel tired and emotionally drained.

I hope so - a good sleep will do you the world of good. Get some goggles! I can't keep my head up or my neck and back kill, but with goggles I can just keep my head down - much better!
Sleep tight ;) xx

Yes, that is the plan....my OH usually takes the goggles and we share, but he forgot tonight.....but, yes, just keeping the head down will help. I am not the best swimmer in the world anyway, but every little helps!

How ya doin Jan??????

I bet you're one heck of a lot better than me kiddo!! I can either swim or breathe ..... I'm serious! I can do about 5 strokes OR I can breathe. I simply can't do both. I managed to identify today that I'm unable to take a breath because I still have some breath left but if I blow it all out and therefore have none left - I panic and can't so can't do anything. Twice today I had to scream 'help me' to DH because I was out of breath and panicking. Pathetic!! And I WILL do it but it's a long slow process I'm afraid - for me anyway. I've been learning for so long it's a joke!! I can actually swim quite well HAHA - my strokes are quite good ... slow and relaxed, and as long as I stop after about 5 that's fine! LOL! Ho Hum!!!!! ;) xx

Adam, my weeeeeeeeee mate!! How ya doin! Not seen you around for a LONG TIME!!! Are you doing ok? Keeping on the straight and narrow????? :) Sure you are. Are you still doing a lot at the gym as well?

Just got back from the Induction and having my assessment and program done on Saturday..we had a swim, sauna, jacuzzi, steam room and steam room...luvly jubly!!! Only thing is I have come home and am ravenous...:)!!!!

Hope you keep popping in Adam to see us all and to let us know how you are doing.

Hey sorry for late reply, not been able to get on

Am doing great thanks keeping it all clean and that and loads of gym lol so yeah sticking with it pretty well. How are you doing ?

How is the gym doing for you i know is not for everyone but its a big big help with this whole healthy life style lol

Ill be keeping on popping by thats for sure only reason i stopped being on so much was due to no internet at home for over a month lol but am back now haha

How are you today Iris?? xx

I bet you're one heck of a lot better than me kiddo!! I can either swim or breathe ..... I'm serious! I can do about 5 strokes OR I can breathe. I simply can't do both. I managed to identify today that I'm unable to take a breath because I still have some breath left but if I blow it all out and therefore have none left - I panic and can't so can't do anything. Twice today I had to scream 'help me' to DH because I was out of breath and panicking. Pathetic!! And I WILL do it but it's a long slow process I'm afraid - for me anyway. I've been learning for so long it's a joke!! I can actually swim quite well HAHA - my strokes are quite good ... slow and relaxed, and as long as I stop after about 5 that's fine! LOL! Ho Hum!!!!! ;) xx

Oh Jan I am rubbish at swimming..in fact, if someone threw me in a pool I would drown. I cant swim unless I am at the side and my feet can touch the bottom. I am a poor swimmer.....so, we can just be poor swimmers together ;-) At least we try I suppose...I see these people swimming away..well, they look as though they are gliding..ME,,,,,I am like a bloody big baffoon....it takes me an age to get from one end to the other and then I am knackered!!!!!!

My physio told me tonight to lay off the swimming anyway..no good for my neck..ahahah...so I am just going to splash about but not use if to get fit!
YIPEE!!!

Hey sorry for late reply, not been able to get on

Am doing great thanks keeping it all clean and that and loads of gym lol so yeah sticking with it pretty well. How are you doing ?

How is the gym doing for you i know is not for everyone but its a big big help with this whole healthy life style lol

Ill be keeping on popping by thats for sure only reason i stopped being on so much was due to no internet at home for over a month lol but am back now haha

Glad you are doing well Adam..but wouldnt think anything less of you..you are so full of determination!!!!!!

I am loving the whole health spa thing; why I didnt do it before, but you live and learn...

I did an aerobics class last night..oh Adam, I have never twirled so much in my life..I didnt know what a "shimmy" was, and well I just couldnt keep up at all....not the type of aerobic classes I have been to before! I will really need to get my rythm sorted if I want to get anywhere with this class......hahaaha

Hope you are still loved up with Chelly!!! NOt seen her around for a bit.

Take care Adam and always nice to hear from you.

How are you today Iris?? xx

Hi Jan, when you asked the question, which was yesterday (WEd), well I had a horrid day. I very seldom go into bad moods, but boy was I in one yesterday!!!!! And a bit today. Everything was bugging me big style, but I didnt know why...anyway, all ok now :)

Got my results from my op in June...biopsy came back clear and what they removed was benign, so that was GREAT NEWS!!

Been to physio tonight and she gave me some encouraging news about my back/neck and told me that I need to work on my breathing, etc and my posture and this will help, so got to do my exercises in bed for 20 times...I apparently breath using my chest instead of my diaphram!!!!!!

So learning all the time :)

Sorry folks, been really busy and not had chance to post..hope I can remember what I ate the past two days.

WED 7 OCT
BREKKIE - 30gm muesli, semi skimmed milk.
LUNCH - Tuna/light mayo salad
DINNER - As above, plus WW wrap.

Got a craving for tuna salad!!!

Not a lot I know..I think I had an apple or an orange; cant remember which now.
Didnt get home till late as was at aerobics so didnt want to eat too much.

THUR 8 OCT
BREKKIE - 25gm Porage with water/semi skimmed milk - yummy.....

LUNCH - salmon/light mayo salad
Still got the cravings for tuna, but had salmon instead
Apple

DINNER
Basa fish, dipped in egg and breadcrumbs, dry fried.
Homegrown spuds!!! (probably only 1 x cut into chips and cooked in oven.
small bowl cucmber/yoghurt/dill salad

SNACK
Packet of WW spicy tortilla chips :)
Pepsi Max
Have had 3 today!!!!!
Water, coffee, etc..the usual

So, I am very happy with what I am eating, although with going to the health club Mon/Wed and Fri it is more difficult as I dont get home till after 8pm and dont want to eat big meals...so, on those nights I will have low carb like salad, ommlette, or maybe homemade soup..see how it goes! I stay up till around midnight anyway so not going to be on a full stomach.

Not going to weigh myself tomorrow at home. Have decided I am going to wait till next week and have it done at the pharmacy. I have hidden my scales as I was just jumping on them and with my condition, I cant keep doing this...it just makes me think of weight all the time, and so, I have decided I will only get weighed at the pharmacy till now and then decide when I get into a routine whether I do it monthly...I need to do it at least once a month so as to keep tabs.

Tried size 12 trousers on today..they fit!! I realised all my clothes were hanging on me again, size 14, so I think I need to start to get my head round to the fact I am 12 on bottom, still 14 on top, but I have big boobs, so I dont expect to ever get into a 12 any time soon, but that is fine.....so, all in all, the maintenance is going better than I hoped....

I'm really glad the miantenance is going better than you hoped Iris. All your new activity is bound to help with that too!

Strange to think you need to learn how to breathe! HaHa - how have you managed all these years :) - only joking - I know what you mean ;)

With the swimming - I look after my back & neck by 'swimming' (and you know why the quotes ;)) looking at the bottom of the pool so I'm completley flat in the water, then about every 4 or 5 strokes just lifting head once - I still can't get a breath as I've said - but that's the theory.
Ideally, once I can swim properly I'll learn to do front crawl and then the head only has to go to the side every few strokes instead of bending the neck up. BUT - at the moment I feel too unstable in the water, crawl makes me feel I'm rolling too much ... more panic I'm afraid! :eek:

What are we like??!!

I hope you feeling back 'in sorts' tomorrow. I hate that 'umpty' feeling when everything is irritating and everything seems OUT of sorts!
***hugs*** to you my friend xx

Thanks Jan!

I tried jumping in the pool on Wed after aerobics and could only do a few strokes; I was in complete agony and was almost in tears..so I came out. Was annoyed cause I was using the new goggles and thought they would help, but I just felt so hopeless.

When I mentioned to the physio last night she told me to lay off as I was doing more than enough and more on core stablility which would help me more. She wasnt saying dont swim, but dont swim to keep fit...but I dont find it enjoyable, so in some ways I was so pleased she said this.

Well, on the grumpy side of me...I thought I was ok; I was last night after physio, but it has hit me again today. Unfortunately, the OH was in the office with me this morning and I nearly ripped his head off! Not physically!! I eventually had to apologise and he even mentioned about seeing someone about it, as I think it is worrying him. It is so out of character as you ALWAYS find me the same way, I am neither one nor the other; I say I remain constant and I do....but, this, it is alien..it isnt depression; as I am happy. I dont know if it is the constant pain I am in with my arm/neck and really sore from all the pulling, etc last night...maybe that is what is bugging me..Oh, I dont know. I try and analysis things, but sometimes I am at a loss.

My poor OH has gone, but he gave me a big kiss as he left the office :)

Anyway, better tell you my food for today!!

BREKKIE - 30gm (I think, didnt weigh, but not a lot) Muesli, semi milk.

IN WORK - 2 boiled sweets!!! Minty ones.

LUNCH - Baked spud/tuna mix (tuna, green peppers, onion, sweetcorn, mayo). There wasnt a lot of mayo, but I doubt it was Very Light...

IN WORK - 1 toffee!!!!!!!!

Oh, I am worrying here...as I dont normally eat sweets, but I just feel like it and no point ignoring the fact. If I do, then I crave and then....well, we know what that leads to.

I am at Yoga tonight and should do around 30 mins (if I can) in the gym...so, should burn it off.

DINNER - not sure! But thinking about ommlette (sp)!!! Nothing much else in the cupboard as I need to go shopping!

looks like your maintence is going great scots, that you are well in control, and as jan said all the activitys will help too, is amazing how losing weight changes your lifestyle all together, :) hope you have a great weekend

Back