DIARY

Well folks I didnt get round to going to Tesco as I went to the pharmacy and then did a round of the shops!! So, I ran out of time, but will go tomorrow and get the Granola, but will have porage tomorrow; and looking forward to it I must say!!

So, I have lost 1lb :) Well chuffed with that, so I am now 67kg, or 10stone 7.7lbs...tempted to say 10 and a half stone, but not strictly true (unfortunately)...so, I wont go back to the pharmacy now for a month. But really pleased with that considering how last weekend went..

So, today so far: -

BREKKIE- 1 x small slice soya/linseed bread and 2 rashers of Turkey

LUNCH - 2 rashers Turkey and salad, with balsamic vinegar. 1 x Pepsi max

DINNER -
Plan on having a small bowl of homemade chicken soup tonight and then a frittata made with feta cheese, rocket and tomatoes :) With a salad,,,,so hopefully that will be enough for me as I will go to the gym for the Induction at 7pm! (Leaving office early to get ready and to eat early) :)

Mary, I think I would rather be in a lovely hot, sunny country (swimming around) than in a gym any day :) :) NOT LONG NOW FOR YOU!!!!

Last edited:
Hey well done and keep this up you have done great

Good move on joining the gym its best thing i ever did tbh

Hey iris .. well done on your lb loss and good luck at the gym tonight :)

What do you mean by turkey rashers, is it like bacon rashers, just turkey? Never heard of them before!

thats brill delighted with your loss, hope gym went well :) was not on msn today sorry mad day at work! chat tommor and again sooooo happy you lost well done you!

Hey well done and keep this up you have done great

Good move on joining the gym its best thing i ever did tbh

Adam, my weeeeeeeeee mate!! How ya doin! Not seen you around for a LONG TIME!!! Are you doing ok? Keeping on the straight and narrow????? :) Sure you are. Are you still doing a lot at the gym as well?

Just got back from the Induction and having my assessment and program done on Saturday..we had a swim, sauna, jacuzzi, steam room and steam room...luvly jubly!!! Only thing is I have come home and am ravenous...:)!!!!

Hope you keep popping in Adam to see us all and to let us know how you are doing.

thats brill delighted with your loss, hope gym went well :) was not on msn today sorry mad day at work! chat tommor and again sooooo happy you lost well done you!

Thanks Nic....I was busy too, didnt get on at all either ;-) Hopefully tomorrow, although leaving at 3pm as I need to go and see about my spine x-ray at the docs tomorrow!!!!!!

HOpe you are ok!

Marvellous news on the loss Iris - way to go girl.

Enjoy the gym induction.

THANKS MARY!!!! I was well chuffed with that..who would believe it, 1lb and I am happy...but, that is what it is going to be like and at least it is going down and not up!! Very important - eh!

Hey iris .. well done on your lb loss and good luck at the gym tonight :)

What do you mean by turkey rashers, is it like bacon rashers, just turkey? Never heard of them before!

Hi Tanya

Yes the Turkey rashers are like bacon, but turkey...not sure what make they are to be honest..I am useless at things like that...they are really lovely. You can have plain or smoked...they just make a difference. I dont eat pork you see so if I crave bacon, then they are just the ticket.

THANKS re: Loss :) Well pleased with that....and almost there..hahaha...a bit slower in progress but at least it is going, slowly.

I was 1kg heavier at the gym when I got weighed, but I had just had a pint of water and a meal, so I reckon the scales are almost identical to the pharmacy..these ones at the gym were the old fashioned ones(like the ones you get at the docs, and they have to measure it properly)...cant describe what I mean but it is like the old fashioned scales at the butchers :) :)

My BMI was about what I thought, BUT, I have 34% body fat!!!!!!! Bloody hell.....Hubby is heavier than me, but not by much...72.4kg and only 19% body fat!!!Say no more.....although the guy doing the measuring said the machine isnt very good..he doesnt rate them...so, I am right that I need to get rid of the body fat, which is what I will concentrate on..if it means I am a little heavier, but leaner, so be it! Determined to get rid of this apron :)

Well done on your loss Iris! That's great. Glad you enjoyed the gym too, you'll soon decrease that body fat girl! xx

These are the turkey rasher Tan - much less fat than bacon
028977.jpg
Mattes-Turk-V2.jpg

HaHa yes indeed. They're not quite as tasty as bacon but they're a good substitute xx

ya i eat them they are lovely on toast wit light light philadelpha, or in a wrap like a blt!

Friday - 2 October

BREKKIE - 25gm Alpen, 2 TBSP Organic Strawberry Yoghurt, 1/4 apple
450ml water

SNACK - BANANA!!!! First one - WAWWWWW

LUNCH - Smoked makerel and salmon with salad

DINNER - TO BE DECIDED - either Black Halibut, beef or lamb chops :)!

Well, today is different...I am having more carbs! I need to stop this fear of eating, so I am hitting it head on...what I am eating is not bad, so I need to get this head in gear!!!! I must admit though, after breakfast ( a tiny bowl as well), I felt like I had eaten a 3 course meal!!! And had the banana about half an hour ago and still feel full, so lunch may well be skipped as I am not eating if I dont feel hungry. Or I will have it around 2pm or just before I leave the office at 3pm!!

Will update later on with what else I have eaten, etc!!

DINNER - Lamb chop, green beans and bulgar!
Didnt enjoy my meal tonight one bit...ah, well never mind....tomorrow is another day :)

Last edited:
Well done on your loss Iris! That's great. Glad you enjoyed the gym too, you'll soon decrease that body fat girl! xx

These are the turkey rasher Tan - much less fat than bacon
028977.jpg
Mattes-Turk-V2.jpg

Wow! Im not a big fan of bacon anyways - where can i get these bad boys?!!!!!!

Yes, Tanya any supermarket sells them; you can freeze them but I think they also last quite a while (unopened) in the fridge as well.

They are fairly cheap as well, but not sure how much...pretty useless knowing the price of things!

Well, I got my results back tonight regarding my spine and neck X-Ray and still trying to come to terms with it. Not sure how I feel; kinda angry and sad and upset all rolled into one.

I have cervical spondylosis - not sure if I have spelt it correctly. It is wear and tear on 2 of my discs in my neck. Osteoarthiritis...my biggest fear!!!!

My mum had spinal arthiritis as well as arthiritis everywhere else and was in constant agony. I kept saying to my OH that I feared it was this but he thought I was over reacting.

Nothing they can do, although they have suggested I go to a private physio (the same place I went to for my massage). And learn to do some exercises. If it gets worse I need to go back but in time the numbness in my hand will disapear (hopefully!!).

Oh, damn it!! why me..I know it isnt life threatening but it is the absolute bain of my life as I can just waken up and cant move my neck for days!!

Thankfully he said I was in tip top condition apart from this and really healthy and pleased I had joined a gym....just need to watch with weights and my neck!

Oh dear....winge over! I will get over it and just move on, just feeling a tad sorry for myself!!!

Back