Did RTM but still back and feeling bad

Hi ladies,I started again today- have had an ok day, trying to find things to take my mind off chocolate etc!! Feel much better reading advice etc on here but I'm so weak, just hope I can stick this. How long before keys is kicks in???

X

Lindasy i hope it is not long before the keto fairy arrives . You are not weak this diet is very hard but as we all know the rewards are worth it. . I just keep thinking of the summer and how much better i will feel and look , Lots of early nighTs and just keep posting on here. Good luck

Tis a shame to be back. BUT better to be back and thinking about how to move on than stuck in the mess I have been. Been very good at self medicating with red wine and carbs. It would have been better to look at it sooner, but hey you start were you need to start eh ?
The only shame is waiting as long as I have waited and compounding the problem. Far more to undo now, than if I had applied myself sooner. Can really relate to what you were saying Spangly about the vicious cycle of destructive thinking. I feel like crap, I'll eat crap, I feel worse. I'm tired, I feel like crap, I'll eat crap .. feel worse. And round it goes. So stepping off the merry go round, stopping and evaluating where I am at and where I need to go.

Onwards and downwards ladies x

Good luck to all, just keep drinking the water and remember you are not on your own . We can and will beat this.

Did everyone here do the full RTM? I wasn't offered the full 12 weeks - in fact was encouraged not to do it (!!) - and sometimes wonder if it would have made a difference. I got the book though - will have a re-read of it at the weekend I think.

Hi All
You have just made me smile as I so know what you are talking about, red wine and carbs so appealing but such a downfall and yes I'm feeling crap at the moment and so want those carbs
Resisting so far and aiming to continue to.
I did full 12 weeks of RTM but unfortunately wasn't enough to help me continue to resist the triggers to eat incorrectly
I then spent the next 5 years yo yoing with vlcds and other weight loss methods but nothing enabled me to keep to a healthy bmi.
So here I am again just now after 7 weeks on LL at weight when I first did LL.
I still think RTM is essential for most people though I think it can be a lot shorter now than 12 weeks. I think you stay at each stage as long as you feel the need
I really hope that we all get to maintenance this time and are more successful for longer
However we are back and doing something about our weight which is a major thing we should applaud ourselves

Have uploaded some more before and after pics to my profile, to remind myself of how good I felt at goal, and where I've come from...

Lindsay you are not weak, it takes a little while to get into the swing of this diet as you know. There is a good post on one of the Cambridge restart threads about how to step down into ketosis, a good idea if you are struggling to go cold turkey with the packs.

I've not done route to management, and to be honest I don't know how useful it would be for me given the way I think about food. I pretty much know my trigger foods already and yes they are going to be from the carb family and then the alcohol is also an issue. So the experimentation for me will be to how to manage the balance of this. I will always need to have an eye on the ball when it comes to keeping the weight off. Given the depth of the issue with food I think that is just the way it is going to be, which is fine.

Onwards and downwards x

Thanks clarabow x

Carbs and chocolate for me :-( really craving today ......... Sooooo hard!

How is everyone's day going? I find Sunday's haaaard, with oh and kids and my hubby had a car accident last night, he's fine but car written off....could have had a drink, but didn't x

Sorry to hear about the accident, but very much of a blessing that no one was hurt.

Weekends are tricky. So much emphasis on food and eating as a treat or a reward. On plan so far for today.

Onwards and downwards ladies x

Yep, definitely finding the weekend hard. Managed, but the evening ahead seems long! Cooked dinner but didn't pick at all. Am soooo determined to do this. I will get back into my jeans!!!

Well done for not caving yesterday despite your hubby's accident, Lindsay. That took some willpower! Respect!

How's everyone else getting on?

Back