Cruise PP Diet Coke Chicken (Tasty BBQ sauce taste-alike)

Wobble Wonder

I'm sure this recipe has to be around here somewhere but I've looked and can't find it so am going to post it just incase someone's missing out!

Two meals.
Ingredients:
4 Chicken breasts / Leftover Roast
Half a small onion
2 cloves garlic
Dash Worcestershire sauce
4 Tbsp Tomato Puree
Black Pepper
Mixed herbs (I use some tarragon, black pepper, salt and paprika)
300mls Fresh Diet coke

Cook chicken until almost done and then add onion and garlic.
Stir for a few minutes, then add herbs / pepper.
Next add the Worcestershire sauce and tomato puree
Stir for a minute and then add diet coke - simmer over a medium heat until sauce reduces and thickens into a gloopy heavenly sticky mess..
Eat

Could add red peppers / red onions etc on PV days

Oh my god I just made this with some leftover roast chicken!!

Absolutely amazeballs!!!

Thank you so much!!!

Wobble I love your instructions - 'eat' - reminds me of a miniscule packet of peanuts I was once given in an aeroplane. The instructions said 'open bag. eat nuts.' Good thing my safety belt was fastened, or I'd have rolled out of my seat! :) (One has to wonder though, is that to prevent one of those frivolous American lawsuits where you burn yourself on your coffee and then sue the restaurant for serving hot coffee?:D)
Thanks for the recipe, will defo give it a go

Just to say that I've done this adding spicy meatballs and it was delish!! Just made up the meatballs and baked them while the sauce reduced..

LOL Cheesegirl - I was afraid somebody would try applying it to their face or body without complete instructions - I doubt that would be nice :(

I made it with diet coke last night for my dinner today at work... Well it was ok.

BUT... I have just made it with Pepsi Max... and wow!!! It's so much better thank that made with diet coke. It tastes more fruitier and more like the BBQ sauce you get from the shops!!!!

Just thought I would share my new revelation :)

K xx

Delighted you found your own way of doing it specialk - you couldn't convert me to Pepsi in a month of Sundays but it's something different for others to try if they don't like it the way it is! (I think it's delicious though, I think I'm addicted :eek:)

:D

Can this be used on the atttack stage?? as in because of all the tomato puree??? Looks amazing!!! xx

:D hi everyone, just wondering if i could do it without the worcestershire source...i dont have it in and really want to try it :)

Sounds yum I am food shopping soon so shall get the ingredients.
I can have this on a PP day yes??! I'm having a few PP days this week & only 2PV days

Diet Coke Chicken

I made this tonight for lunch tomorrow. I tried some of it and it's just delicious! Thanks for the recipe Wobble.

Lovely, I'm on Attack and I just reduced the tomato puree element.

Cook chicken until almost done and then add onion and garlic.
Stir for a few minutes, then add herbs / pepper.

I know this is going to make me seem dense but how did you cook the chicken....you say stir so does that mean it starts its cooking in a frying pan....sorry brain fade here LOL

Yes, dry fry (that is fry without oil, or just literally a few drops of oil) in a non-stick frying pan.

P x

Thanks P.

I made this tonight, the coke I used was Asda Diet Coke with Citrus Twist. It did reduce but didn't go sticky. But it was nice. Will have it again another day.

thanks for this x

Back