Diet coke chicken

My sauce has evaporated to nearly nothing but hasn't gone sticky, any ideas where I went wrong?

Having read the entire thread from beginning to end lol... Did you use branded coke? It seems that it doesn't work so well with the cheap ones....

BTW, I can't wait to try this one myself!!!

I used somerfield's own Diet Coke 2 litre bottle for 55p, it worked for me :D, and I poured all the bottle into 3 saucepans & made it into a marinade - YUMMY!!!

Goes lovely with chicken, peppers, onions & spagetti/pasta (I used to eat this at Frankie & Benny's (It was called sticky chicken) so I re-created this meal with Diet Coke Chicken, & its LUSH.

Enjoy.

Having read the entire thread from beginning to end lol... Did you use branded coke? It seems that it doesn't work so well with the cheap ones....

BTW, I can't wait to try this one myself!!!

I had the same problem used real diet coke. Better get some value stuff

sorry did n ot get back on i made it and everyone loved it, i have to say it tasted like a sticky chicken from the Chinese and in my house we love chinese.
the sauce on mine did reduce and left the chicken sticky but i did it slowly on a low heat.

Works fine with Quorn, btw. And If you use Irn Bru, you'll get a sticky Sweet 'n' Sour effect ;-)

hi, i think i will try this one too. i have a recipe for lemonade chicken which someone gave me years ago when i started sw for the first time but have never tried it. i will try that one too one of these days.
congratulations on the birth your new son

i haven't tried it. had the recipe for years but never got round to trying it. i will soon and i'll post the results:D

Oooh, I tried it with lemonade once, and it turned out pretty tasteless. If you find the seceret to making it gooood, do tell!

Thank you for posting this - I'm just off to try it :)

could you post the recipe please??

There are a few threads with the recipe on them but I used a can of diet coke, 50g tomato ketchup,a teaspoon of chinese 5 spice and a tablespoon of soya sauce. The ketchup was the only syn's 3 in all. I first sealed my chicken in the wok with fry light then added the other ingredients, cooked it till the sauce had thickened up. Don't expect loads of sauce there is just enough to cover the chicken, maybe you could always add another can of coke??
I would definatly try it though as was lovely.
Janet x

i saw this recipe on here yesterday. so i've got my chicken all ready to have tonight for supper. i can't wait to try it

Well mines in the pan now - but the diet coke isn't evaporating, my chicken is just swimming :p

Popped back to the comp to see if i've missed anything, but I havn't. How long does it take?

WOW! I went back to the kitchin and it was all sticky and coke gone - I HAVE TO POST THIS - it's the best thing ever! I rarely have RED days because i'm not keen on meat. but I will be having another red day very very soon. This is the nicest thing i've had in a while!!! THANK YOU!

WOW! I went back to the kitchin and it was all sticky and coke gone - I HAVE TO POST THIS - it's the best thing ever! I rarely have RED days because i'm not keen on meat. but I will be having another red day very very soon. This is the nicest thing i've had in a while!!! THANK YOU!

Did you use real coke or cheap stuff?

real diet coke, proper coke

Back