Diet coke chicken

Right I am so trying this tomorrow.
Think I will do diet coke and chili as I don't like 5 spice. Is it worth adding any tomato puree to it? Also if I am doing 2-3 chicken breasts chopped up should I use 1 can of diet coke or less?

I did this last night slightly different, i used chicken breast cut into thinish strips, sliced onions, peppers and mushrooms. Dry fried the chicken then added the diet coke with 2 desertspoons of reggae reggae sauce, (don't know the syns on this, maybe someone could help?) added the sliced veg and stir fried on high til the liquid reduced to almost nothing. The chicken and veg was coated but not too wet.

here is mine, I made last night. I made it like this

dsc_0009.jpg

Ingredients
6 Chicken Drumsticks (skin and visible fat removed)
1 can of diet coke
1 tablespoon of passata
Salt
(If using more chicken and meat, then you will need to double up the recipe)
Method
Place the chicken drumsticks in a oven proof dish, sprinkle with some salt and bake in the oven at 200c or 392f
Pour the can of diet coke in a frying pan and put on a high heat.
Add the passata
Keep on high heat and continously stir.
As the coke begins to reduce it will start to go sticky. This is what makes a great barbecue marinade.
Once it is to it’s sticky form. Remove chicken drumsticks from the oven and pour sauce over them place back in the oven until chicken is cooked. Take out a few times through the cooking process and with a spoon baste the chicken drumsticks with the sauce.
A lovely barbecue chicken recipe with NO SYNS. You can use this sauce on ribs, beef, pork whatever takes your fancy.
I served these with a salad and slimming world chips.

I was looking at this recipie last night, and im making it for dinner tomrrow, Going to use 6 chicken drumstick, 1 can of pepsi max and 1 table spoon of tomatoe sauce, may add small amount of onions, do you think this will work?

I was looking at this recipie last night, and im making it for dinner tomrrow, Going to use 6 chicken drumstick, 1 can of pepsi max and 1 table spoon of tomatoe sauce, may add small amount of onions, do you think this will work?
yes i've used onions when making it

This sounds delicious - I am definately going to try it this week. Thanks for posting

I've never tried it with pepsi max...how did it go???
I make this with diet coke.

hi guys! I origionally posted this up and am thinking i may just do it anyway! I cant understand how being on slimming world and pregnant can be bad as i prob eat better when am on SW!!!!

hi guys! I origionally posted this up and am thinking i may just do it anyway! I cant understand how being on slimming world and pregnant can be bad as i prob eat better when am on SW!!!!
There is nothing wrong with following SW while pregnant. In fact I believe that it is the only diet plan supported by the midwife association!

I used the basic principles of this recipe to make my sweet chilli chicken

Ingredients
Chopped Chicken breast (cooked for quickness)
Chunky peppers and onions
Can of diet coke
tsp easy garlic
½ tsp easy chillies
pinch chopped ginger
tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp Bisto best chicken gravy (1 syn)

Heat a wok to a high heat, spray with fry light and add the garlic, chillies and ginger
Add the can of diet coke, soy sauce and gravy granules and allow to reduce for a minute or 2
Add the chicken breast, peppers and onions and continue to reduce (keep spooning the sauce over the chicken and veg) until the liquid is evaporated and you're left with a sticky coating.

Absolutely gorgeous.

Right, got my first try of this on the hob as I type...

Having it with home made egg fried rice and brocoli.

Will let you know what I think!!

I made this lastnight. I wasn't sure if I would like it, neither myself or my husband thought it looked very interesting but OMG it is delicious!!! Thanks for this wonderful recipe

been deliberating about this one for a while coz OH says it sounds disgusting but I wanted to try it and hate making 2 different dinners. Since I am off work today made it for my lunch and it was yum! :D

put too much passata in mine tho so bit tomatoey also was swimming at first in coke and passata and thought i had messed it up but it eventually evaporated off, know next time use less and hopefully get a stickier sauce by using less passata!

Thanks for recipe tho made a nice big filling lunch with rice and all freeeeee YAY

x

Back