Diet coke chicken

Not that different from the diet coke one actually. But there is a hint of a sweet lemon flavour. Try it, it's quite nice!

Haha I just realised how silly I sounded asking what taste lemonade would give chicken, I think I had a bit of a moment!x

Smiler :) said:
I am going to try the for tea tomorrow...does anyone know how many syns for chinese 5 spices please?

Thanks

I presume it's free as all dried herbs and spices are..
I never syned it..
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm
Wrong x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yummie100 said:
Can someone please let me know the original diet coke recipe :)

Page 1 of this thread x

Smiler :) said:
Thanks girlies @ Missbhave & Melanie7, cant wait try this x

It's Yummie x so is the fanta one too x

OMG just tried this and it is amazing however I amended it a little, being a chef I could not resist lol, here is my version serves 2 people........

2 chicken breasts
1 clove of garlic
1 green pepper
1 onion
1 tsp fresh ginger grated
1/2 a large red chilli minus the seeds(unless you like lots of heat then add a few seeds)
chopped fresh pineapple or tinned minus juice (as much or as little pineapple as you like)
550ml diet coke
200g carton of passata
1 tbsp of vinegar
a good splash of worcester sauce
1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
salt and pepper to taste

Method
chop green pepper,onion,pineapple, garlic,chilli (make sure you wear gloves when chopping chilli or if you have a fresh lemon half and rub all over hands after chopping leave for 30 seconds rub hands together and then wash thoroughly) grate ginger and add to a medium hot pan spayed with fry light sweat off while you chop chicken do not brown vegetables, then add the diet coke and warm through. then add the chicken (this allows the chicken to soak up the sweetness from the coke and makes chicken really tender) leave chicken in the coke and veg mix for 2-3 mins then add the passata, vinegar and worcester sauce and paprika salt and pepper, leave to reduce for about 10-12 minutes check that the chicken is cooked thoroughly and serve with rice or noodles and enjoy :) xx

I served with noodles but next time I will have rice xx hope that you enjoy this let me know if you do enjoy xxxxxxx

No I do not think that u need to syn it, but someone will correct me if I am wrong I hope lol. My understanding is you only need to syn if you puree it :) but to be on the safe side just add towards the end and warm through will still taste as good xx

skinny cow kraw said:
OMG just tried this and it is amazing however I amended it a little, being a chef I could not resist lol, here is my version serves 2 people........

2 chicken breasts
1 clove of garlic
1 green pepper
1 onion
1 tsp fresh ginger grated
1/2 a large red chilli minus the seeds(unless you like lots of heat then add a few seeds)
chopped fresh pineapple or tinned minus juice (as much or as little pineapple as you like)
550ml diet coke
200g carton of passata
1 tbsp of vinegar
a good splash of worcester sauce
1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
salt and pepper to taste

Method
chop green pepper,onion,pineapple, garlic,chilli (make sure you wear gloves when chopping chilli or if you have a fresh lemon half and rub all over hands after chopping leave for 30 seconds rub hands together and then wash thoroughly) grate ginger and add to a medium hot pan spayed with fry light sweat off while you chop chicken do not brown vegetables, then add the diet coke and warm through. then add the chicken (this allows the chicken to soak up the sweetness from the coke and makes chicken really tender) leave chicken in the coke and veg mix for 2-3 mins then add the passata, vinegar and worcester sauce and paprika salt and pepper, leave to reduce for about 10-12 minutes check that the chicken is cooked thoroughly and serve with rice or noodles and enjoy :) xx

I served with noodles but next time I will have rice xx hope that you enjoy this let me know if you do enjoy xxxxxxx

Sounds yummy, but as the other poster has said, you would defo need to syn the pineapple if it's tinned, and the fresh would need synning of you cook it x

Thank you for letting me know about the pineapple, this is optional so you do not have to add :) but if you can afford the syn's it is well worth it, xxxx

Back